"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by raptor » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 pm

I thought the acting was very good.

I see Rick being affected by PTSD, adrenaline from the fight and in general a different outlook. I am not sure who is normal though. Are the towns folk including the Mayor in denial or is Rick turning into a barbarian. It could also be both. In any event it is actually great character development.

I was surprise by Michone hitting him instead simply disarming him. She is equally affected by events yet she obviously is enough in fear of Rick to strike as opposed to reason with him.

It was a good show.

zero11010

Post by zero11010 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Proof that Tupac is alive and survived the zombie apocalypse. He's out there leaving his mark!

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:47 pm

One other thought. The Mayor obviously knew there was an ongoing problem and decided either a) in typical political style to ignore it and hope it goes away; b) made a conscious decision that having an MD on hand was more valuable than one wife.

zero11010

Post by zero11010 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:54 pm

raptor wrote:b) made a conscious decision that having an MD on hand was more valuable than one wife.
How could you not? It's a doctor! If Rick wasn't thinking with his pants he may appreciate that a bit more. Separate the two, sure fine. But, let the guy live. He's a doctor!

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:17 pm

zero11010 wrote: How could you not? It's a doctor! If Rick wasn't thinking with his pants he may appreciate that a bit more. Separate the two, sure fine. But, let the guy live. He's a doctor!
A doctor with an obvious violent streak and likely sociopathic (maybe psychopathic) issues. An MD in world where the tools he's used having on hand are rapidly disappearing. It is a great plot twist.
Last edited by raptor on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:42 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:44 am

I theorise there's gonna be a huge herd take out the walls and kill a bunch of non team-shit-magnet, including but not limited to the architect, at that point deanna will realise she's essentially useless at apocalypse politics, and hand over the reigns to rick.

With regards to porch dick and some sort of restraining order: whoever thinks that is a good idea clearly hasn't thought out the logistics

1) hitting your spouse is generally regarded within society and the law to be a bad idea, yet he did it anyway pre societal collapse which leads to :
2) there's maybe two police officers in that little place, and one of them is bat-shit crazy at the moment, good luck enforcing that restraining order 24hrs a day
3) push someone hard enough, they'll want you dead too - how long before porch dick decides to open the gates for the walkers just out of spite because he's no longer allowed to beat the crap out of his 'property'?
4) sure he's a doctor, but hey he's also fucking drunk half the time, ain't gonna let captain shaky hands cut out my appendix, yo
5) just shoot him already, no matter how many lives he might save, he's already become detrimental to the mental health of two other people in the community; including himself that's three
6) carol will sort this shit out I have no doubt. yummy poison cookies mm-mmmm
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

LyraJean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (Sidney Poitier)
Shaun of the Dead
ZombieLand

Post by LyraJean » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:26 am

Poison does seem to be her style. Also you risk accidental death of someone else.

While I see what the senator was trying to do by giving Rick his pre-zombie job to try and normalize things. She had to have some sort of inkling that Rick's group would have issues. If only because they were out there so long. Perhaps if the doctor wasn't a drunk then he would have been able to point that out.
My blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear A blog about Florida History

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:37 am

Fletch wrote:I theorise there's gonna be a huge herd take out the walls and kill a bunch of non team-shit-magnet, including but not limited to the architect, at that point deanna will realise she's essentially useless at apocalypse politics, and hand over the reigns to rick.

With regards to porch dick and some sort of restraining order: whoever thinks that is a good idea clearly hasn't thought out the logistics

1) hitting your spouse is generally regarded within society and the law to be a bad idea, yet he did it anyway pre societal collapse which leads to :
2) there's maybe two police officers in that little place, and one of them is bat-shit crazy at the moment, good luck enforcing that restraining order 24hrs a day
3) push someone hard enough, they'll want you dead too - how long before porch dick decides to open the gates for the walkers just out of spite because he's no longer allowed to beat the crap out of his 'property'?
4) sure he's a doctor, but hey he's also fucking drunk half the time, ain't gonna let captain shaky hands cut out my appendix, yo
5) just shoot him already, no matter how many lives he might save, he's already become detrimental to the mental health of two other people in the community; including himself that's three
6) carol will sort this shit out I have no doubt. yummy poison cookies mm-mmmm
Your Sig Gif makes it so much better reading that^^^
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Saw this speculation on one of the fan forums late Sunday night....now its starting to make the rounds:

"Did a Scene in This Week's Episode of The Walking Dead Show Us That Morgan Is Already Dead?"

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/03/24/ ... ad-2807430

I still think Morgan is a good ways behind Rick & Co.....But I bet we'll get another post-credits, flash forward scene showing him getting to the D.C. area.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:47 pm

RickOShea wrote:Saw this speculation on one of the fan forums late Sunday night....now its starting to make the rounds:

"Did a Scene in This Week's Episode of The Walking Dead Show Us That Morgan Is Already Dead?"

I still think Morgan is a good ways behind Rick & Co.....But I bet we'll get another post-credits, flash forward scene showing him getting to the D.C. area.
I also think Morgan is a good ways behind Team Rick, plus he most likely would have had to deal with the remnants of the 'car wash' walkers that they ploughed through en route (not to mention cover all that ground to Alexandria). He's proven himself to be pretty wily and a survivor so I'm hoping he gets to avoid getting dead before he and Rick have another reunion, perhaps while teaming up to prevent the marauders from totally destroying Alexandria. That would be sweet to see them going up against a Big Bad together.

Also I don't think poison would be Carol's choice either, especially since there would be the chance that someone else, possibly a child, would get it. I see her using a knife, a gun, or perhaps just the stereotypical terrified woman using a cast iron frying pan to the back of the head maneuver.

But, seriously, why was Rick having so much trouble immediately and decisively beating down Drunk Dr. Pete? I didn't figure Pete for a fighter at all. I know they were moving the story forward but it looks like if Rick had been able to knock Pete out before things got into the street, then we wouldn't have had the spectacle in the street.

Peach

Peach

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:00 pm

CarolinaPeach wrote:But, seriously, why was Rick having so much trouble immediately and decisively beating down Drunk Dr. Pete? I didn't figure Pete for a fighter at all. I know they were moving the story forward but it looks like if Rick had been able to knock Pete out before things got into the street, then we wouldn't have had the spectacle in the street.
That alcohol can make 'em tough to beat down.....That's probably why Rick had to quit swinging and ended up having to choke the fight out of him, before telling him that he'd kill him if he ever touched his wife and kids again.

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Rick doesn't seem to be a fighter. He got his ass handed to him a lot in the past seasons. If it wasn't for michonne, the governor would of killed him. Joe had him in a bear hug grip of death and rick only could rip his throat out with his teeth. Can't remember if rick and Shane got into a rumble or not, but shane could kick his ass.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:36 pm

RickOShea wrote:
CarolinaPeach wrote:But, seriously, why was Rick having so much trouble immediately and decisively beating down Drunk Dr. Pete? I didn't figure Pete for a fighter at all. I know they were moving the story forward but it looks like if Rick had been able to knock Pete out before things got into the street, then we wouldn't have had the spectacle in the street.
That alcohol can make 'em tough to beat down.....That's probably why Rick had to quit swinging and ended up having to choke the fight out of him, before telling him that he'd kill him if he ever touched his wife and kids again.
This and the fact that they needed a long fight scene, it is easy for the writers .... "Characters engage in 3 minute fist fight". :D
Last edited by raptor on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:49 pm

ausher wrote: Can't remember if rick and Shane got into a rumble or not, but shane could kick his ass.
They fought in "Eighteen Miles Out". Pretty much an even match-up.

Last edited by RickOShea on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:17 pm

RickOShea wrote:
ausher wrote: Can't remember if rick and Shane got into a rumble or not, but shane could kick his ass.
They fought in "Eighteen Miles Out". Pretty much an even match-up.
Yes that's what I thought and probably it was due to having worked together and seen one another's moves in a fight.

I do admit, I didn't see the Throat Rip Maneuver coming that time, although I was glad Rick deployed it. :shock:

Peach

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:13 pm

CarolinaPeach wrote:
RickOShea wrote:Saw this speculation on one of the fan forums late Sunday night....now its starting to make the rounds:

I also think Morgan is a good ways behind Team Rick, plus he most likely would have had to deal with the remnants of the 'car wash' walkers that they ploughed through en route (not to mention cover all that ground to Alexandria). He's proven himself to be pretty wily and a survivor so I'm hoping he gets to avoid getting dead before he and Rick have another reunion, perhaps while teaming up to prevent the marauders from totally destroying Alexandria. That would be sweet to see them going up against a Big Bad together.

Also I don't think poison would be Carol's choice either, especially since there would be the chance that someone else, possibly a child, would get it. I see her using a knife, a gun, or perhaps just the stereotypical terrified woman using a cast iron frying pan to the back of the head maneuver.

But, seriously, why was Rick having so much trouble immediately and decisively beating down Drunk Dr. Pete? I didn't figure Pete for a fighter at all. I know they were moving the story forward but it looks like if Rick had been able to knock Pete out before things got into the street, then we wouldn't have had the spectacle in the street.

Peach

Peach
Have you seen Pete? The dude is huge, he towers over Rick. A doctor? More like a sasquatch.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

CarolinaPeach

Post by CarolinaPeach » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:22 pm

gunsandrockets wrote:

Have you seen Pete? The dude is huge, he towers over Rick. A doctor? More like a sasquatch.
Oh I saw him and yes, he's a big guy, but being big doesn't always mean someone can fight. :)

Peach

Disclaimer: The above statement comes from years of comic book reading, hours of Kung Fu Theater watching and many action adventure movies and I acknowledge that I have absolutely no real knowledge of any fighting technique. :clownshoes:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:01 pm

RickOShea wrote:I still think Morgan is a good ways behind Rick & Co.....But I bet we'll get another post-credits, flash forward scene showing him getting to the D.C. area.
Upon further reflection, it's been around 30 days since Rick & Co. left the church.... If Morgan showed-up there just a couple of weeks after they left, then he would have had a couple of weeks to travel to the DC area.....so maybe we could see him in real-time in the finale?

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Fletch wrote:hand over the reigns to rick.
Your typo actually makes a good pun in this context.

("Reins are items of horse tack, used to direct a horse or other animal used for riding or driving. Reins can be made of leather, nylon, metal, or other materials, and attach to a bridle via either its bit or its noseband." A "reign" is "the period during which a sovereign rules.")
Mostly not here anymore.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Real interesting theory. I think there is a possibility of something happening with Morgan.....Spoiler---> ---->The actor that plays Morgan is Lennie James. If you look at Lennie James's IMDB it list him being on TWD episode "Conquer" which is the season finale. So he will be there.

As we mentioned before in this thread and on The Talking Dead the actor that plays Morgan has gotten real popular since the first season of TWD and does a lot of movies these days. Scheduling wise, and money wise, he cannot be a regular on TWD, so that is why they did a single episode and a few cameos. I think he likes TWD, but like I said its a PITA. Maybe they can drag it out a bit with him, but I can see them just killing Morgan off.

Remember Daryl and Aaron notice that the whole scene the walked up on "just happened recently". That would have given Morgan enough time to catch up to Rick's current location. Figure the best way to explain what the "Wolves" are is to show what happen at that scene and what happens to someone who expectantly runs into them. Also since we already know Morgan is a bit of a "Badass" in his own right, that if they were able to take out Morgan, we can only assume that the Wolves will be a real tough foe for the folks in Alexandria.

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:42 pm

I'm thinking a lot of characters are going to show up by the season finale. Question is: Who's gonna get clipped?

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:10 pm

I don't think Morgan is dead. They have spent too much time building up to a reunion. But if they indeed want to tick people off, have him catch up and then die.

In the previews I thought I heard Rick say something about "they are going to hunt us, but we will hunt them and be done with it" or something to that effect.

I think he is going to get exiled, Daryl will go with him (at least), they will run into the Wolves and Morgan. The Wolves will attack Alexandria and Rick, Daryl, and Morgan will save the day. Of course many of the Alexandria's people will die. But at least one of Rick's team will go down, like Sasha.

Can't wait til Sunday.
WWSD?

Return to “Zombie Training Films”