Defence of the Realm Target Download

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Post Reply
User avatar
TC
* * * * *
Posts: 2978
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by TC » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:43 pm

I posted a photo of an old target that I shot while I was in high school called 'Defence of the Realm' in Rockfish Dave's recent target thread and there was some interest in it. It's basically a target sheet with 10 Nazi's coming at you and I always had fun shooting it in high school just for laughs when I didn't have anything better to do.

I wasn't able to find it online and the only copy of the target I had was the one I had shot up already. I don't have access to a scanner, so I decided to recreate it in Photoshop using a photo of the original as a guide.

Image

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and hopefully some of you guys will get a kick out of it. It's nearly a complete copy, although I added the British coat of arms above the title just for fun. There are two versions of my new version, one with the scoring rings/boxes and one without, just thought some people might prefer one over the other.

Here are the links to the files (in PDF format):

Target with scoring rings/boxes

Plain target

Anyway, I hope you guys and girls get some enjoyment out of it!
KentsOkay wrote: I immediately thought about calling 911, but once we got to the T stop and got her out of her jeans, things seemed to be going a lot better.
TC's Defence of the Realm Target Download

User avatar
Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 15976
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Dave_M » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:14 pm

Downloaded.

Thanks much!
Image
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

User avatar
colinz
* * * * *
Posts: 2602
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by colinz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:06 pm

Cool, thanks dude. :)

User avatar
phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 11424
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:18 pm
Location: central tx

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by phil_in_cs » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:40 am

Very cool! Thanks a bunch!
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

User avatar
Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 9345
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:06 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later
Location: Adirondacks, NY
Contact:

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Jamie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:49 am

Thanks...nice targets!

If I hit these guys at 25 yards, it's like hitting real bad guys at 800 yards right?



:wink:


jk, thanks for the fun!
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

Image
My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

User avatar
phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 11424
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:18 pm
Location: central tx

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by phil_in_cs » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:16 am

nfa wrote:Thanks...nice targets!
If I hit these guys at 25 yards, it's like hitting real bad guys at 800 yards right?
:wink:
jk, thanks for the fun!
Its early in the morning for math, but most of the guys are 2.5 inches. 25 yards is 900 inches, and we will assume the guys ought to be 60 inches tall (5 1/2 feet tall but crouching). So...

2.5/900 = 60/x, or 2.5x = 900x60, or x = (900x60)/2.5
that gives x = 21,600 inches, or 600 yards......which is remarkably the distance often used as a max range for a normal rifleman....

I reserve the right to edit this after I've had my coffee :lol:
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

User avatar
Brit-ZedHunter
* * *
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:37 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Diary of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Res evil movies
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Brit-ZedHunter » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:53 am

I will definately be defending the realm next time im at the range!

Thanks
-Brit-ZedHunter
ZSC:010 Member

User avatar
TC
* * * * *
Posts: 2978
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by TC » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:41 am

Cool, I'm glad you guys will be getting some use out of them!
KentsOkay wrote: I immediately thought about calling 911, but once we got to the T stop and got her out of her jeans, things seemed to be going a lot better.
TC's Defence of the Realm Target Download

User avatar
Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5571
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:43 am

nfa wrote:Thanks...nice targets!

If I hit these guys at 25 yards, it's like hitting real bad guys at 800 yards right?



:wink:


jk, thanks for the fun!
You laugh, that is how we qualify at work :roll:

Very cool target man, gonna have to print some of these out for shits and giggles, to bad I don't have one of those MG-42 stocks for a 10/22 :lol:

User avatar
Hoppy
* * * * *
Posts: 7900
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.
Location: MA :(

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Hoppy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:21 am

both PDF's AND pic saved!

im still looking for the target of the Hun i referred to in the previous thread
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

User avatar
Brit-ZedHunter
* * *
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:37 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Diary of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Res evil movies
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Brit-ZedHunter » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:30 am

Hoppy I think they are called a 'Huns head' target.
-Brit-ZedHunter
ZSC:010 Member

User avatar
Oneswunk
* * * * *
Posts: 8333
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:18 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.
Location: Delaware county PA
Contact:

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Oneswunk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:45 am

Saved and printed.
Thanx
KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs
Image

User avatar
TC
* * * * *
Posts: 2978
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by TC » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:48 am

Brit-ZedHunter wrote:Hoppy I think they are called a 'Huns head' target.
Is this the one?:

http://www.elyfamily.com/images/hun1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KentsOkay wrote: I immediately thought about calling 911, but once we got to the T stop and got her out of her jeans, things seemed to be going a lot better.
TC's Defence of the Realm Target Download

User avatar
Krustofski
* * * * *
Posts: 1494
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:40 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Location: The Teutonic Woodlands

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Krustofski » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:57 am

All I can think is how incredible funny it would be to take these to the local range and -to max out the irony- shoot them with my Mauser.
Unfortunately it is illegal (like, by federal law), to use human-shaped targets in Germany, so I'm just bumping this thread for the awesomeness.
Off the internet until further notice.

User avatar
Hoppy
* * * * *
Posts: 7900
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.
Location: MA :(

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Hoppy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:20 am

TC wrote:
Brit-ZedHunter wrote:Hoppy I think they are called a 'Huns head' target.
Is this the one?:

http://www.elyfamily.com/images/hun1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the ones iv seen have a waste up or full body outline, and normaly have a Hun charging with a weapon ( K98 , stick grenades or other)


like a larger version of the target right below the "Defence of the Realm" but a different drawing which is similar to the "huns head" you posted
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

User avatar
Kutter_0311
* * * * *
Posts: 6135
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:44 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...
Location: Frozen Tundra, WI

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Kutter_0311 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:26 am

Tagged for WIN! :lol:
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9099
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Downloaded. 8-)
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 10834
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Any way to get the text to read " Fear God, honor the constitution, learn to shoot." Redacted commentary about the rejection of royal titles. I do like the crown however.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

User avatar
TC
* * * * *
Posts: 2978
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by TC » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Regular Guy wrote:Any way to get the text to read " Fear God, honor the constitution, learn to shoot." Redacted commentary about the rejection of royal titles. I do like the crown however.
Use an image editing program?

I don't mean to sound standoffish but saying that you've 'redacted commentary about the rejection of royal titles' is pretty much the same kind of comment as all of the 'I can't say what I want because of the politics rules' comments that have been thrown into threads by users lately. In other words, people want to make it known that they disapprove/disagree with something that they would be warned for saying usually whilst seeming to adhere to the rules.

In this case, it seems that you disapprove of Britain being a constitutional monarchy. Not all of us feel that way though, nor are such remarks what this forum or thread are for. I hope that you can respect that even if you disagree with the principle you commented on.

You can modify the target however you please, I don't claim any sort of ownership of the original design that it is based on nor do I mind others modifying it for their own purposes. All I ask is that you keep your feelings on any of the text from the original to yourself here.
KentsOkay wrote: I immediately thought about calling 911, but once we got to the T stop and got her out of her jeans, things seemed to be going a lot better.
TC's Defence of the Realm Target Download

Unobtainium
* *
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:58 pm
Location: New Zealand - on the faultline

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Unobtainium » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Hoppy wrote:
TC wrote:
Brit-ZedHunter wrote:Hoppy I think they are called a 'Huns head' target.
Is this the one?:

http://www.elyfamily.com/images/hun1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the ones iv seen have a waste up or full body outline, and normaly have a Hun charging with a weapon ( K98 , stick grenades or other)


like a larger version of the target right below the "Defence of the Realm" but a different drawing which is similar to the "huns head" you posted

Hoppy, was this the one that you meant?

http://www.aihpa.com/targets/Target%20Figure-12.jpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 10834
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:01 pm

TC wrote:
Regular Guy wrote:Any way to get the text to read " Fear God, honor the constitution, learn to shoot." Redacted commentary about the rejection of royal titles. I do like the crown however.
Use an image editing program?

I don't mean to sound standoffish but saying that you've 'redacted commentary about the rejection of royal titles' is pretty much the same kind of comment as all of the 'I can't say what I want because of the politics rules' comments that have been thrown into threads by users lately. In other words, people want to make it known that they disapprove/disagree with something that they would be warned for saying usually whilst seeming to adhere to the rules.

In this case, it seems that you disapprove of Britain being a constitutional monarchy. Not all of us feel that way though, nor are such remarks what this forum or thread are for. I hope that you can respect that even if you disagree with the principle you commented on.

You can modify the target however you please, I don't claim any sort of ownership of the original design that it is based on nor do I mind others modifying it for their own purposes. All I ask is that you keep your feelings on any of the text from the original to yourself here.
Perhaps this statement didn't come across as intended, I apologize for that. Thanks for the targets, I'll change them to my liking.


Nothing I said has anything to do with the British form of govt. I only made a comment about royal titles, which i do have a problem with. We are all equal or we aren't. I'll go ahead and modify the targets as I see fit, thanks.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

User avatar
Hoppy
* * * * *
Posts: 7900
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.
Location: MA :(

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by Hoppy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Unobtainium wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
TC wrote:
Brit-ZedHunter wrote:Hoppy I think they are called a 'Huns head' target.
Is this the one?:

http://www.elyfamily.com/images/hun1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the ones iv seen have a waste up or full body outline, and normaly have a Hun charging with a weapon ( K98 , stick grenades or other)


like a larger version of the target right below the "Defence of the Realm" but a different drawing which is similar to the "huns head" you posted

Hoppy, was this the one that you meant?

http://www.aihpa.com/targets/Target%20Figure-12.jpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yes, pretty much that in a grey scale, thank you!
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

User avatar
SeaDog
*
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland; Shaun of the Dead
Location: League City, Galveston County, Texas

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by SeaDog » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:12 pm

That's too awesome. Thanks much. :D

User avatar
omega_man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 1827
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:35 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland
Location: South Carolina Lowcountry

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Post by omega_man » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Fuck, now I have to buy a Garand. Dammit.
Bold Shirts for Bold Nerds! http://www.onemansurfparty.com/

B35, assassinated 9-15-14.

Post Reply

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”