Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Recoil - My 10/22 identifies as Binary, courtesy of Franklin Armory

Binary triggers can be a lot of fun, but the heartache for most sets in when you have to lay out the cash for the ammo. Sure enough, one of the more common arguments against the binary trigger is that it “wastes ammo” or it's “too expensive to feed”.

Franklin Armory decided enough was enough and has produced a safe and effective binary trigger for one of the most rugged and reliable rimfire rifles on the planet: The Ruger 10/22....

....The installation was a little bit more than replacing your factory 10/22 trigger with a custom trigger. Most significant will be installing the new “selector”.

The Ruger 10/22 uses a cross-bolt safety mounted in the trigger guard. Obviously, this would pose a challenge to using the existing safety with a binary trigger as you need three positions to make it work (safe, semi and binary). So Franklin redesigned it into a three-position ambidextrous selector. To the rear for safe, straight down for semi-auto and fully forward for binary.

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:44 pm

So I'm thinking it's time to sell off my VZ58 and invest the funds into a Stag 10. Both are non-restricted here in Canada (for now), but for a little investment I can run a much more versatile platform.

Anyone have experience with the Stag 10? From what I've seen they're fairly popular stateside?
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Magpul announcement....

Lightweight but incredibly strong, our PMAG D-50 GL9 - PCC is a highly-reliable, 9x19mm Parabellum, 50-round drum magazine for large-format pistols and pistol caliber carbines that feed from GLOCK pattern magazines. The Magpul D-50 GL9 – PCC boasts many of the proven features of its 5.56 and 7.62 predecessors, the PMAG D-60 AR/M4 and PMAG D-50 LR/SR GEN M3, while providing the user with a similar magazine capacity increase.

The unique drum configuration keeps the height of the magazine manageable, allowing for prone firing and easier storage. For easy loading, it includes a ratcheting loading lever that removes tension from the internal spring. It also includes a rounds-remaining rear window, a high-visibility follower and a capacity indication roller.

Easily disassembled for cleaning and featuring an innovative bolt hold-open feature, the D-50 GL9 – PCC reliably locks the bolt back on empty when used with firearms designed to lock back on Glock pattern magazine followers.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:50 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 pm
Magpul announcement....

Lightweight but incredibly strong, our PMAG D-50 GL9 - PCC is a highly-reliable, 9x19mm Parabellum, 50-round drum magazine for large-format pistols and pistol caliber carbines that feed from GLOCK pattern magazines. The Magpul D-50 GL9 – PCC boasts many of the proven features of its 5.56 and 7.62 predecessors, the PMAG D-60 AR/M4 and PMAG D-50 LR/SR GEN M3, while providing the user with a similar magazine capacity increase.

The unique drum configuration keeps the height of the magazine manageable, allowing for prone firing and easier storage. For easy loading, it includes a ratcheting loading lever that removes tension from the internal spring. It also includes a rounds-remaining rear window, a high-visibility follower and a capacity indication roller.

Easily disassembled for cleaning and featuring an innovative bolt hold-open feature, the D-50 GL9 – PCC reliably locks the bolt back on empty when used with firearms designed to lock back on Glock pattern magazine followers.

Me wanty!

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:33 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 pm
Magpul announcement....

Sweet.

That was the last thing on my wishlist for building a modern PPSH-41 with the Ruger PC9. Now all I need is the carbine with the free float handguard and one (or more) of these drums and I'll be good to go. :clap:

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:36 pm

I would have to drive to one of the surrounding states to get one.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Zed Hunter wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:36 pm
I would have to drive to one of the surrounding states to get one.
You have gas money, right? What are you waiting for? ;)
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:48 pm

NRA American Hunter - First Look: Magpul PC Backpacker Stock for Ruger PC Carbine

Magpul has released the PC Backpacker Stock, designed specifically for, and drop in compatible with, 9 mm Luger and .40 S&W models of the Ruger PC Carbine. With a similar look and function to the X-22 Backpacker stock, the PC Backpacker Stock offers a minimalist solution for the hunter who wants to transport their carbine in an efficient, convenient package.

The new PC Backpacker Stock is available in Black, Flat Dark Earth, Grey and OD Green, and has an MSRP of $149.95. For more information, visit magpul.com.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:36 pm

As cool as those 50 round drums look I'm not interested in getting one. First off, I'm an old school Navy gunner and the reason we used stick mags in our Thompsons was that drums were unreliable and couldn't be trusted when your life depended on it. With ETS and other brands 32 round Glock mags commonly being sold for under $20 and working very reliably these just don't have much appeal for me. Besides, I can get ETS mags in various colors and know by sight what ammo is loaded in it.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

boskone

Post by boskone » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:12 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:48 pm
NRA American Hunter - First Look: Magpul PC Backpacker Stock for Ruger PC Carbine

Magpul has released the PC Backpacker Stock, designed specifically for, and drop in compatible with, 9 mm Luger and .40 S&W models of the Ruger PC Carbine. With a similar look and function to the X-22 Backpacker stock, the PC Backpacker Stock offers a minimalist solution for the hunter who wants to transport their carbine in an efficient, convenient package.

The new PC Backpacker Stock is available in Black, Flat Dark Earth, Grey and OD Green, and has an MSRP of $149.95. For more information, visit magpul.com.

<snip>
OK, now I'm more interested in the PC9/40.

I've been debating a 10/22 takedown with that style stock for a couple years now, and a 9mm or .40s&w is rather more attractive (in no small part because I wouldn't be "doubling up" on something I already own).

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:05 am

My favorite time of year....Carnival, GS cookies, and SHOT Show. :clap:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:07 am

TFB - [SHOT 2020] Arsenal’s New AK-20 Series of Rifles

AK-20 rifles will be available in rifle, pistol and SBR configurations....The milled receivers also feature QD sling swivel sockets on either side, right above the pistol grip where the pivot points of underfolder AK stocks are normally located....One of the key features of the AK-20 is the free-floated handguard system. The handguard consists of top and bottom portions. The top section covers the new gas tube and provides a top Picatinny rail that starts at the gas block and extends back over the top cover of the receiver....Another important design change is the addition of an adjustable gas block with three settings – normal use, suppressed/subsonic and the third position completely closes the gas port turning the gun into basically a straight-pull bolt action rifle.

Outdoor Hub - [SHOT Show 2020] New from Sig Sauer: The P210 Carry Pistol

Sig Sauer debuted a new offering for 2020 at this year’s range day just prior to the annual SHOT Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Sig P210 Carry pistol is a spinoff of the Sig P210 Target model in 9mm... Shooting the Sig P210 Carry, I found it to be extremely accurate making off-hand shots at 30 to 35 yards on steel silhouettes. Other notable features include an aluminum frame, rounded edges for ease of carry, G10 grips, and front and rear slide serrations making working the slide a breeze. It also sports SigLite tritium night sights.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:40 pm

Some of the best info I have seen on hog hunting ammo, and I feel good hog rounds are good self defense rounds.

[YouTube]
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlSPN2wYDc

[/YouTube]
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:51 pm

TTAG - Remington’s New Model 700-CP Armbrace

The legendary Model 700 action provides the industry’s fastest lock time (2.5 to 3.0 milliseconds), which minimizes the effects of shooter movement meaning greater shot-to-shot consistency. Bringing Remington bolt-action pistols to the modern age, the Model 700-CP’s Remington Chassis comes equipped with a collapsible SB Tactical arm brace and a M-LOK free float handguard. The forged aluminum chassis is lightweight, extremely durable and allows for AICS pattern detachable magazine and many accessories.

boskone

Post by boskone » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:25 pm

[SHOT 2020] Kel-Tec SUB2000 CQB – Integrally Suppressed Folding PCC
At SHOT Show range day today Kel-Tec introduced their brand new version of the SUB2000, the SUB2000 CQB. The CQB has an integral suppressor, and still folds easily for compact storage. The forend of the rifle actually functions as part of the suppressor, and take-down is extremely easy. You lift a tab and unscrew the front half of the rifle which then slides about an inch forward. The rifle folds in half just like your standard SUB2000.

I'm conflicted. Ignoring jabs at Kel-tec: it's nice and compact, but I just find myself kinda scratching my head over the idea of a suppressor I can't move around.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:07 pm

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:13 pm

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:52 pm

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2020-shot-show/

Henry Repeating Arms announced five new long guns as the company unveiled its X Model series. First teased at the 2018 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, these new guns are a complete, ground-up redesign of the lever-action. The five new guns are the:

- Lever Action X Model .45-70
- Lever Action X Model .410 Shotgun
- Lever Action Big Boy X Model – available in .38special/.357Magnum, .44 Special/.44 Magnum and .45 Colt

TNW Firearms announced what it says is the lightest production pistol caliber carbine: the new 9mm LTE. How light is it? 3.95 pounds in rifle trim with a 16″ threaded barrel. This is a no tools required, fast takedown rifle that feeds from Glock-pattern magazines. Like the existing TNW 9mm carbines, this rifle is a blowback rifle that shares some limited compatibility with AR15 pattern rifles.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:21 pm

There's some great stuff coming from SHOT this year. I think it was last year or the year before that was very disappointing... Basically all accessories.

With the time it takes product development and engineering, of basically small companies (even big companies are small compared to other markets), my bet is there is a 2 year delay to mirror the market.

Either way, I'm loving it
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:57 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:21 pm
There's some great stuff coming from SHOT this year. I think it was last year or the year before that was very disappointing... Basically all accessories.

With the time it takes product development and engineering, of basically small companies (even big companies are small compared to other markets), my bet is there is a 2 year delay to mirror the market.

Either way, I'm loving it
I think it may have been the 2018 SHOT Show that was the disappointing one, JC. I believe that one was the one that was pretty much all accessories and very little in the way of new guns.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:13 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:57 pm
JeeperCreeper wrote:

Either way, I'm loving it.
I think it may have been the 2018 SHOT Show that was the disappointing one, JC. I believe that one was the one that was pretty much all accessories and very little in the way of new guns.
This reminds me of a few gun shows I've been to. :(

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:32 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:07 pm
So, any ideas where I'm getting the money to buy one? There's only so much blood and plasma I can sell...
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:31 pm

NRA American Hunter - SHOT Show 2020: Cimarron Bad Boy 10mm

Well-known purveyor of Old West replica firearms, Cimarron is expanding its Bad Boy revolver line with a brand new chambering. In a nod to the growing popularity of the caliber, particularly with the handgun-hunting market, Cimarron has unveiled the revolver in 10 mm Auto. The Bad Boy offers hunters and shooters a traditional six-shot cylinder in a Single Action Army Pre-War frame, with an 1860 Army-style, one piece walnut grip. The eight-inch barrel is octagonal and wears target sights, though a Picatinny rail is available for the mounting of alternative optics.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:13 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:57 pm
JeeperCreeper wrote:

Either way, I'm loving it.
This reminds me of a few gun shows I've been to. :(
That reminds me of the last gun show I went to, which was almost a decade ago.

There were maybe ten dealers selling guns and the rest of the building was taken up by garage sale trinket sellers and the weirdly out of place vintage toy dealers.

Who goes to a gun show and thinks "Man, these gun are great, but you know what I'm really looking for ? A Mork and Mindy lunch box." ? :lol:

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”