Have you had to draw your concealed carry, and why?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Towanda

Re: Have you had to draw your concealed carry, and why?

Post by Towanda » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:43 am

williaty wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:47 pm
About that time, said staffer comes head first out the window swinging a scimitar of the crappy chrome variety of blade you find for $5 at the low-rent government surplus stores. The driver of the car was as baffled by this action as I was and he decided to nope the fuck out of there.
A friend of mine once chased off a burglar in the middle of the night by running naked at them with a sword.

To answer OP's question, yes, once, that I had completely forgotten about until just now. In the mid-80s, a couple of friends and I rented our very first apartment. In Detroit. Not far from the Ambassador Bridge. One night we were awakened in the wee hours by somebody pounding the hell out of our front door. Being the only one of us who owned a weapon, I loaded the single-shot 16-gauge that I had inherited from my grampa, shoved two or three more shells in the pockets of my jammies, and went downstairs. The other two roommates, who had called out from their bedroom while I was loading up to see if I had heard the knocking, stayed upstairs. I reached the bottom of the stairs, shouldered the shotgun, and swept the curtain back from the window in the door. Turned out I was pointing my shotgun right at the face of another friend. He made a shocked face. I lowered the weapon and unlocked the door, while letting my roomies know who it was. Other friend plus two were on their way back from Windsor and were having a car problem. They wanted a safe place to call and wait for a tow truck.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

norcalprep

Post by norcalprep » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:51 am

MacWa77ace wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:30 am

That should not have worked.

I think applicable here is "Don't count on luck, but luck counts." Take the W.

Knock on wood, I haven't drawn yet, but a few times I've had to grab my nightstand one and check out weird sounds around the back of the house before.

Mrselfdestruct

Post by Mrselfdestruct » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:49 am

3 that come to mind
2x on thug types who were looking for money, my car.
Once on a plainclothed cop, in an unmarked explorer sporttrac who neglected to use his lights when he blocked me in a spot and said 'youre not going anywhere'. Never came above the window, so he didnt see it. Reholstered quick when his chest cleared his tinted window and i saw the shield hanging where i was going to aim.
We had a nice chat.
"In the absence of orders, go find something, and kill it." -Rommel

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”