Anyone know user Gun_Nut_2k1?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

BustedKnuckles

Anyone know user Gun_Nut_2k1?

Post by BustedKnuckles » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:02 am

Mods, I didn't know where to put this, so please move if needed.

In early 2014, I placed an order for a custom holster with user Gun_Nut_2k1, whom I initially contacted through Bartertown, here on ZS. Holster was paid for in full. Initially contact with said user was good, and there were multiple emails exchanged concerning the design of my holster. Communication from Gun_Nut_2k1 began to be more infrequent due to health problems, and I have not recieved any replies to emails sent for at least 6 months. Anybody here have any additional contact info or any idea what happened to him?

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

Re: Anyone know user Gun_Nut_2k1?

Post by sheddi » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:28 pm

All I can say is they haven't posted on the forum since April 2014, they haven't logged in since May 2015, and their Vistaprint website http://sctleather.vpweb.com/ no longer exists.

Looking at his website on the wayback machine suggests his name is Steven Tapia from Tuscon AZ.

An ar15.com thread from 2008(!) refers to a Steven Tapia (not necessarily yours, I don't know how common the name is) as a FFL holder:
Great service from Steve-make sure you let him know you are a AR15.com member.

Steven Tapia
Pima Gun and Pawn
E Pima Street #1-A
Tucson, AZ 85712

12P-7P T-F and 12P-5P Saturdays

520-318-10105225
More (hopefully current) details here:
http://fflgundealers.net/pima-guns.html
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:35 pm

I remember him here on the forums and I believe he was having health issues.... I don't recall where I read it but it was in a thread perhaps something happened to him. I had no contact with him or know him personally just remember the handle is all. Good luck.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

White Bear

Post by White Bear » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:58 pm

Maybe some of the now-inactive Arizona Chapter members would be able to help.

The chapter president, Sckitzo, is Tuscon based, if I recall correctly.
I'm a normal guy with nothing to hide.

BustedKnuckles

Post by BustedKnuckles » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:19 am

Thanks everyone, for the help. To be clear, this thread is not to imply that Gun_Nut_2k1's actions were purposefully dishonest. On the contrary, he seemed, at least through email, to be a pretty stand up guy. I'm just curious about what happened to him.

xd dude

Post by xd dude » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:32 pm

i bought a holster from him quite a while ago. i attempted to contact him just to see how he was doing health wise, i never got a reply.

Trebor

Post by Trebor » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:49 am

This does not look good. I have no way to confirm it's the same guy though.

Arizona Daily Star Death Notices June 29, 2015

"Tapia, Steven, 44, business owner, June 23, Bring’s Broadway."

http://tucson.com/news/local/obituaries ... 0c51d.html
----
R.I.P HK33K - Gone, but not forgetten.

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:09 am

Yes, that news report is correct, I was a friend of Steven's, I purchased many firearms from him over the years, he made me an awesome sheath for my Bushman, he even made me a Kydex holster for my KelTec. Sadly, he passed away last summer. Those of us who were fortunate enough to know him miss him greatly, he was a good man who always tried to do right by his friends and customers. I am sorry to hear his health issues prevented him from being able to complete your holster, I can tell you with confidence that had he been physically able he would have created you a reliable and stout piece of kit which would have served you well.
-NREMT-P
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:04 pm

zXzGrifterzXz wrote:Yes, that news report is correct, I was a friend of Steven's, I purchased many firearms from him over the years, he made me an awesome sheath for my Bushman, he even made me a Kydex holster for my KelTec. Sadly, he passed away last summer. Those of us who were fortunate enough to know him miss him greatly, he was a good man who always tried to do right by his friends and customers. I am sorry to hear his health issues prevented him from being able to complete your holster, I can tell you with confidence that had he been physically able he would have created you a reliable and stout piece of kit which would have served you well.
My condolences, Grifter.

Gun_Nut_2k1 was one of my favorite ZS'ers and I always looked forward to the pictures he posted of his work.

BustedKnuckles

Post by BustedKnuckles » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:22 pm

I was kinda afraid that's what happened. It's a shame. He seemed like a good guy via email. Grifter do you have any contact with any family Steven had? If you could forward my contact info to them I'd like to see about getting a refund or the parts that were purchased by Stephen. Thanks to everybody for the help.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”