Bug Out Wedding Ring.

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Bug Out Wedding Ring.

Post by moab » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:50 pm

I find these to be really cool. I break out on my finger whenever I wear my wedding ring. (I know. I know. Tons of jokes....) These are cool. They are made out of silicone. And only $19.99. They come in all colors too. But camo seems like the appropriate shade. :)

http://qalo.com/collections/all/product ... one-ring-1

Last edited by moab on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

woodsghost

Re: Bug Out Wedding Ring.

Post by woodsghost » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:04 pm

Been wanting one of these for hunting, weight lifting, bushcrafting, etc.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

grumpyviking

Post by grumpyviking » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:54 am

when i'm forced to bug out, my wedding ring will be the least of it.
Survive, Adapt & Evolve .

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:06 pm

This has made me reevaluate the "two is one; one is none" in regard to the spousal unit.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Man I wish they didn't look so cheap. I don't wear a ring, but if I did the idea of something not-metal is grand. I think I might prefer wood, though.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

moab

Post by moab » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Stercutus wrote:This has made me reevaluate the "two is one; one is none" in regard to the spousal unit.
A harem in the PAW perhaps? LOL! At $19.99 per wedding ring you could have a few. ;)
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

moab

Post by moab » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:38 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Man I wish they didn't look so cheap. I don't wear a ring, but if I did the idea of something not-metal is grand. I think I might prefer wood, though.
Go to the site and look at the colors. Others don't look as cheap as the camo.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:41 pm

moab wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Man I wish they didn't look so cheap. I don't wear a ring, but if I did the idea of something not-metal is grand. I think I might prefer wood, though.
Go to the site and look at the colors. Others don't look as cheap as the camo.
https://media.giphy.com/media/S5Og1JDtapkhq/giphy.gif

They all kinda look like Livestrong bracelets. I guess to each their own.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Ataki
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead
Day of the dead
Resident evil 1,2,3 NOT 4 :(

Post by Ataki » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:29 pm

I have one of the orange ones. They stretch a bit, so it works out well for my oddly shaped fingers. Overall, I'm fairly pleased with mine. worth the $19.99 anyway.
KF5UHG

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:55 pm

I have the black one which so far hasn't drawn any attention. They are awesome. I wouldn't wear it 24/7 though, it doesn't move around as much as a regular ring, so the merry-go-round of grime and showers can wreck your finger. I am very happy to have a "disposable" bomb-proof ring.

grumpyviking

Post by grumpyviking » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:26 am

Stercutus wrote:This has made me reevaluate the "two is one; one is none" in regard to the spousal unit.
rubbish, not everyone will survive, some people will be left on their own not by bad planning but just by sheer bad luck.

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:41 am

I like that they're trying to avoid the usual injury risks, but if I were married I'm not sure I'd go to such extents to show that I'm married as I'm stranded in the woods, bunkering in a disaster, or looking for supplies to salvage. It helps that I'm ugly as hell and adultery is purely rhetorical theory.
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Cheap as fuck costume jewelry. Get five sets. For like, 20 bucks. Good for any time, it let's you afford a kickass honeymoon, and if you lose your ring, no big deal.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:03 pm

grumpyviking wrote:
rubbish, not everyone will survive, some people will be left on their own not by bad planning but just by sheer bad luck.

Yes, but the missus has already cast her vote. I can't seem to get a majority out of it no matter what I do.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

grumpyviking

Post by grumpyviking » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Stercutus wrote:

Yes, but the missus has already cast her vote. I can't seem to get a majority out of it no matter what I do.
must be that American English again don't understand what you mean!! :)

moab

Post by moab » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:51 pm

LOL! You can get black on ebay for $1.95! http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2317295113 ... ps&lpid=82

jtitus07

Post by jtitus07 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:45 am

I have a black one that looks pretty good. I used to install security systems, and now I do linework, so they are nice when working with heavy machinery and with/around electricity. They are non conductive, and if they get caught on something, they just break instead of ripping your finger off.

The wood ones are cool too, but some are so nice, I wouldn't want to beat them up at work, and they may not break quite as easy as the silicone if caught on machinery (no I don't make a habit of getting it caught on stuff, but accidents do happen).

tedbeau

Post by tedbeau » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:43 pm

When I first saw the title of this thread I was expecting a ring with a multi-tool, a fire steel or a GPS unit built in.
Now those would be some great ideas for a bug out wedding ring!

My wife is a jewelry junkie. When we got married I expected her to want matching rings but she had the diamonds from her mothers ring set into a new ring.

I saw this ring and thought it was cool so I got it. It has a basket weave pattern around it etched or polished into the outside. I can't remember but I think it's either titanium or rhodium. It's very tough, I used to take my first wedding ring off to work on cars but I don't have to worry about this one, it seems impossible to nick or scratch.

I have gotten a few compliments on the ring from women. It always surprises me because I never notice jewelry on anyone. Even when I was single I never thought to look at a girls hand to see if she had a ring on her left hand.

JRR

Post by JRR » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:31 pm

Last time I bugged out it was BECAUSE of a wedding band.

BHP

Post by BHP » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:41 am

I'm not married but I have a few bug out wedding rings. When I see a heavy gold band in a pawn shop that's the right size and close to the spot value of the metal I occasionally buy them. My thought is that if I carry a few of them in a bag in, along with the purchase receipts, I have something of value to trade with that doesn't scream 'he has more'. If I offer the ring I'm wearing it's going to come across as an act of desperation from a guy who has nothing much more to offer. This may engender a sense of compassion from the person I'm trading with and may also help seal the deal. Carrying copies of the receipts will answer any questions about why you are carrying multiple wedding rings.

s.leinicke

Post by s.leinicke » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:17 am

http://www.saferingz.com/shop?category=Top%20Sellers
I like these better personally. They're like half the price and they're silicone and will break if they get caught on something.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”