Tapco G2 AK Trigger, Single Hook vs. Double hook

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Nightside_Eclipse

Tapco G2 AK Trigger, Single Hook vs. Double hook

Post by Nightside_Eclipse » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:12 pm

I'm looking to replace the trigger on my SAR-1 and Tapco is offering a single hook and double hook version of their G2 trigger.

What the functional difference between the two?

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Tapco G2 AK Trigger, Single Hook vs. Double hook

Post by Dave_M » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Nightside_Eclipse wrote:What the functional difference between the two?

Nothing, well...

Single hook:

Double hook:

They both do the same thing.

However, a double-hook trigger cutout will accept either whereas a single-hook trigger cutout can only accept a single-hook trigger. Inspect the hole (pictured here)

You see how it has two tabs cut into it? That's for a double hook trigger.

CAI AK's (IIRC--too lazy to go to the safe) only have a single-hook trigger cutout. If you get a double-hook it's no big deal as it's a 2 minute dremel job. If you want to play it safe just buy a single-hook.

I suppose the advantage of a double-hook is that if one of your trigger hooks happens to break off the gun will still run 100% using the other hook. Never heard of a hook breaking off though.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:41 pm

I suppose the advantage of a double-hook is that if one of your trigger hooks happens to break off the gun will still run 100% using the other hook. Never heard of a hook breaking off though.

thats really the only advantage.

double hooks were devised as an additional safety. but its an answer to a question no one asked. any single hook receiver can be mod'd to double hook.

both will function fine, thous some kits were made with looser tollerances and may need a single hook for the more giggle room. ( all hearsay, YMMV)

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”