The world's most ridiculous bug out gear!

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

wolf_from_wv

Re: The world's most ridiculous bug out gear!

Post by wolf_from_wv » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:46 pm

http://shomer-tec.com/covert-coins.html

Covert Coins are expertly precision hand-machined from actual coins to create a secret interior compartment. Once closed, they are absolutely indistinguishable from regular coins to the naked eye. They can be handled normally without any chance of an accidental opening. An opening device is supplied with each covert coin, without which it's next to impossible to open up the coin. Memory cards are not included. Made in USA.

Perfect for mistakenly using to pay for something or inserting in a vending machine...
Strength Of My Life, whom shall I dread?
When them evildoers approach to devour my flesh.
Even if there would be an army against me,
My heart would not fear.
-P.O.D.

moab

Post by moab » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:59 pm

wolf_from_wv wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:46 pm

Covert Coins are expertly precision hand-machined from actual coins to create a secret interior compartment. Once closed, they are absolutely indistinguishable from regular coins to the naked eye. They can be handled normally without any chance of an accidental opening. An opening device is supplied with each covert coin, without which it's next to impossible to open up the coin. Memory cards are not included. Made in USA.

Perfect for mistakenly using to pay for something or inserting in a vending machine...
Good ole shomer tec. I used to get their catalogs back in the 80's. I didn't know they still existed. Back then you had to buy the right Paladin press book. Just to find their contact info. lol.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:48 am

Not necessarily ridiculous because it has some decent gear... but a lump sum of $20,000 for a full kit of zombie killin' gear

https://www.opticsplanet.com/zero-zombie-kit.html
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:15 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:48 am
Not necessarily ridiculous because it has some decent gear... but a lump sum of $20,000 for a full kit of zombie killin' gear

https://www.opticsplanet.com/zero-zombie-kit.html
Some decent gear, but you'd need both of those backpacks plus the suspender rig and sling pack to carry the reloading gear, microscope, and pipette shaker.

At least they give you a good coffee mug to use while waiting, and a full pair of solar panels to keep it all powered. I guess you could use the furnace to head water for the coffee as well.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:06 am

moab wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:59 pm
wolf_from_wv wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:46 pm

Good ole shomer tec. I used to get their catalogs back in the 80's. I didn't know they still existed. Back then you had to buy the right Paladin press book. Just to find their contact info. lol.
No one remembers this? Any info you wanted on prepping or related categories in the 80's you had to get from Paladin press. They sold all the subversive text back then. I think they even fought several legal battles to be able to sell their books on everything from improvised weapons to secret PI strategies and gear. They pushed freedom of speech issues on a hardcore level. They sold a ton of survival books. And it was the only game in town. They offered so many great books on so many interesting titles. I don't even know if they are still around. Have to google them. If they are - check them out. They were a great company. And I think came out of the PNW IIRC.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:46 pm

I believe Paladin Press closed in November, 2017. I remember hearing the "buy now because we are closing" warnings. I remember their stuff in the 90's and early 2000's. I do miss them.

https://www.sofmag.com/paladin-press-to ... -has-died/
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:15 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:46 pm
I believe Paladin Press closed in November, 2017. I remember hearing the "buy now because we are closing" warnings. I remember their stuff in the 90's and early 2000's. I do miss them.

https://www.sofmag.com/paladin-press-to ... -has-died/
That looks like a very interesting article. Can't wait to read it all. They called him the "World's most dangerous publisher."

tom q vaxy

Post by tom q vaxy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:58 pm

I am "going for" a complete survival kit. is this one a good choice: https://silodrome.com/limitless-equipme ... vival-kit/

thanks in advance

moab

Post by moab » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:39 pm

tom q vaxy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:58 pm
I am "going for" a complete survival kit. is this one a good choice: https://silodrome.com/limitless-equipme ... vival-kit/

thanks in advance
I can't tell if your being sarcastic. Like the theme of this thread. But if not, I like the price. It seems fair. I've seen a lot worse for a lot more. But I don't have the energy at the moment to fully analyze it. It looks fairly stock. MEaning normal items in these small PSK's.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:15 pm

moab wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:39 pm
tom q vaxy wrote:

thanks in advance
I can't tell if your being sarcastic. Like the theme of this thread. But if not, I like the price. It seems fair. I've seen a lot worse for a lot more. But I don't have the energy at the moment to fully analyze it. It looks fairly stock. MEaning normal items in these small PSK's.
The blogger also touts blinker fluid. Last I checked that is one of the things I was out of.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:15 pm
moab wrote:
tom q vaxy wrote:

thanks in advance
The blogger also touts blinker fluid. Last I checked that is one of the things I was out of.
Of course! That explains why my turn signals have stopped working. And to think all this time I thought it was a bulb or maybe a fuse. Zombie Squad: a never ending font of useful information.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:06 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 pm
Stercutus wrote:
moab wrote:
tom q vaxy wrote:

thanks in advance
Of course! That explains why my turn signals have stopped working. And to think all this time I thought it was a bulb or maybe a fuse. Zombie Squad: a never ending font of useful information.
I guarantee the parts place will be out of whatever kind you need (LED fluid in amber, Incandescent fluid in red, etc.), they always are.

Can we get back on topic now, please?
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:45 pm

NT2C wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:06 pm
majorhavoc wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
moab wrote:

I guarantee the parts place will be out of whatever kind you need (LED fluid in amber, Incandescent fluid in red, etc.), they always are.

You do realize you're demanding seriousness in a thread entitled "The world's most ridiculous bug out gear!" Very well:

Pew! Pew!

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:08 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:45 pm
NT2C wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:06 pm
majorhavoc wrote:
Stercutus wrote:

You do realize you're demanding seriousness in a thread entitled "The world's most ridiculous bug out gear!" Very well:

Pew! Pew!

No, I politely requested it. A demand would involve moving stuff to RSB and handing out some warnings. :twisted:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

tom q vaxy

Post by tom q vaxy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:16 am

in a sense, the most ridiculous bug out gear is a 'lack of awareness'. that can be, as the post provided, the inability to discern valid information.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:06 pm

Based upon what we have been seeing lately any BOG used inappropriately is ridiculous.

Let's face it, if you are putting on your Tyvek suit to go to COSTCO today you have failed.
You go over and under
I go through

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:50 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:06 pm
Based upon what we have been seeing lately any BOG used inappropriately is ridiculous.

Let's face it, if you are putting on your Tyvek suit to go to COSTCO today you have failed.
She was just trying to be trendy. Sometimes the 'fast fashion' brands don't quite nail the original.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:59 pm

I got ya, this is why they need to employ more realistic plus sized models. If I tried to cram my lard ass in to some skinny jeans I would likely look a lot different than whoever the 21 year old male model of the month is.
You go over and under
I go through

tom q vaxy

Post by tom q vaxy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:22 pm

maybe the whole "nipples" thing will make a comeback? something I have sorely missed, although yoga pants do offer a bit of reprieve.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:13 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:50 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:06 pm

She was just trying to be trendy. Sometimes the 'fast fashion' brands don't quite nail the original.

What does Tyvek gal have hanging around her neck?
ETA Oh crap … It's oxygen
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right

Return to “Bug Out Gear”