The world's most ridiculous bug out gear!

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: The world's most ridiculous bug out gear!

Post by NT2C » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:39 am

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:07 am
WhateverTF this is:

I'm not really seeing this as "bug out gear". Ridiculous? Yes, completely.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

moab

Post by moab » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:33 am
Honorable mention:

OMG. I would get claustrophobic in that thing!
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 pm

moab wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:13 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:33 am
Honorable mention:

OMG. I would get claustrophobic in that thing!
Given your avatar, that's saying something. :wink:

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Escape & Survival Module

The Escape & Survival Module was developed for an elite US military unit, but it also can be a lifesaving device for those who travel in harm’s way or in dangerous regions. This kit provides effective tools to enable escape from captivity and subsequent survival. It's all contained in a special o-ring sealed module which was designed to provide maximum concealment options when capture is imminent.

Despite its small size, it includes all of the following components: 4 lock picks, handcuff key, 2 styles of lock shims, Kevlar® escape saw, diamond rod saw, ferrocerium fire rod, 3 waxed jute fire starters, and ceramic razor blade. Even the module itself is a working component – it's milled from magnesium and can be shaved down with the back edge of the ceramic razor blade for fire starting. Also included is a small packet of petrolatum (does not fit inside the module), for uses that include first aid, fire accelerant, etc.

Government contract over-runs, so quantities are very limited. Dimensions and weight (w/o petrolatum packet): 3.2” length x 0.7” diameter, 1.1 oz. $89.00

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:26 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:33 pm
Escape & Survival Module

The Escape & Survival Module was developed for an elite US military unit, but it also can be a lifesaving device for those who travel in harm’s way or in dangerous regions. This kit provides effective tools to enable escape from captivity and subsequent survival. It's all contained in a special o-ring sealed module which was designed to provide maximum concealment options when capture is imminent.

Despite its small size, it includes all of the following components: 4 lock picks, handcuff key, 2 styles of lock shims, Kevlar® escape saw, diamond rod saw, ferrocerium fire rod, 3 waxed jute fire starters, and ceramic razor blade. Even the module itself is a working component – it's milled from magnesium and can be shaved down with the back edge of the ceramic razor blade for fire starting. Also included is a small packet of petrolatum (does not fit inside the module), for uses that include first aid, fire accelerant, etc.

Government contract over-runs, so quantities are very limited. Dimensions and weight (w/o petrolatum packet): 3.2” length x 0.7” diameter, 1.1 oz. $89.00

Aah, Shomer-tech. They've been showing Bud-k what mall ninja really means for at least a couple of decades.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Ellywick

Post by Ellywick » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 am

RickOShea wrote:
Escape & Survival Module

All I can think of when I see it is that it needs some ridges and a vibrate function so you can enjoy yourself while you're waiting to make your big escape :lol: :wink: Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this?
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:26 pm

Ellywick wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 am
RickOShea wrote:
Escape & Survival Module

All I can think of when I see it is that it needs some ridges and a vibrate function so you can enjoy yourself while you're waiting to make your big escape :lol: :wink: Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this?
Right with you Elly. It looks like it was born to vibrate and.....ah.... massage in the shower....
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:52 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:26 pm
Ellywick wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 am
RickOShea wrote:
Escape & Survival Module

Right with you Elly. It looks like it was born to vibrate and.....ah.... massage in the shower....
With it's shape, the jelly and "all contained in a special o-ring sealed module which was designed to provide maximum concealment options when capture is imminent" Pretty sure what you're thinking is their maximum concealment method.

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/wMctMhMOtrY?t=15[/YouTube]
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:56 pm

The polite term (for men) is keistering. :roll:

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:56 pm
Not gonna ask why you seem to be intimately aware of such nuances... :shock:

Ellywick

Post by Ellywick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:14 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:56 pm
Not gonna ask why you seem to be intimately aware of such nuances... :shock:
All I can think of is the kid from Deadpool 2 and his "prison wallet" :lol:
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:22 am

yossarian wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:26 pm
RickOShea wrote:
Escape & Survival Module

Aah, Shomer-tech. They've been showing Bud-k what mall ninja really means for at least a couple of decades.
Why am I always the last to know? They have a full line of police and military equipment that I have never seen before despite nearly 30 years of military and police work. The only conclusion I can draw from this is I have been doing it wrong all this time.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Sun Yeti
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zomblies (no, that's not a typo)

Post by Sun Yeti » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:07 pm

I submit for your consideration: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFVHM18/

I think it's the carabiner that really completes it.
I find it uniquely frustrating that so many preppers have their heads in the sand about climate change.

But, I've come to realize there's no point in arguing with someone if there's no possible evidence you could present that would actually change their mind.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:25 pm

Shomer-Tech has some funky stuff. It's kinda like Harbor Freight for M-ninjas.

But a lot more expensive.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:21 am

The ridiculous part has a lot to do with the price tag and not so much to do with the contents.

https://www.preppi.co/collections/front ... 4911933383
You go over and under
I go through

gary83

Post by gary83 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:51 am

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:21 am
The ridiculous part has a lot to do with the price tag and not so much to do with the contents.

Wow. That is really pricey. :shock:

tedbeau

Post by tedbeau » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:08 am

gary83 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:51 am
Stercutus wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:21 am

Wow. That is really pricey. :shock:
Yeah but you can get it monogrammed! So that makes sense. That should really come in handy in case you end up in a refugee shelter and the guy in the cot next to you also has one.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Designed by engineers for engineers.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/leupold-r ... gLEtPD_BwE

You go over and under
I go through

boskone

Post by boskone » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Looks like a more-or-less standard "versipack" style bag?

moab

Post by moab » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:16 am

Stercutus wrote:

Engineers are the sexiest!
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:57 am

boskone wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:12 pm
Stercutus wrote:

Looks like a more-or-less standard "versipack" style bag?
only difference I see is the waste strap.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:51 am

Lets not forget the conveniently located small of the back pouch. Especially accessible after you strap it on with dual belts.
You go over and under
I go through

moab

Post by moab » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:03 am

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:51 am
Lets not forget the conveniently located small of the back pouch. Especially accessible after you strap it on with dual belts.
Don't question the ninja man.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:09 am

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:51 am
It's your lumbar support pouch. The guy that put the rig on the dummy tightened the shoulder strap too much and it's riding high.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”