HBO's Chernobyl

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

jor-el

HBO's Chernobyl

Post by jor-el » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:39 am

I'm amazed this hasn't been brought up earlier.

My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: HBO's Chernobyl

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:20 am

Watched it. Harris, Skarsgård and Watson did spectacular jobs with their rolls.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:44 pm

It was amazing, learned a little bit I hadn't read about before. The ending was absolutely amazing with him giving his speech in the courtroom, gave me chills.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:43 am

Halfapint wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:44 pm
It was amazing, learned a little bit I hadn't read about before. The ending was absolutely amazing with him giving his speech in the courtroom, gave me chills.
Me to. Especially his red/blue card explanation kind of helped with the why/how. But that is one theory they presented, there are others.

But what's up with paint in Russia?

Pripyat was built to support Chernobyl. Built at the same time. Chernobyl was commissioned in 1977. The accident occurred in 1982.

Apparently Russian paint starts pealing and falling off the walls in large chunks only a few years after application.

I remember a guy from Russia describing to me once how it took 4 guys a week to paint his tiny Russian apartment. When he had his condo here in the US painted, it was one guy and he did it in a day. :?

The Dog thing was ... sad.

I would have walked my dogs 100 miles if they wouldn't let me on the bus.
Dogs weren't allowed on the buses during Katrina evac IIRC.
If you have dogs you care about, live in a city, and have no personal transportation, you might want to prep a doggo evac plan.

Amazing that 2 of the 3 guys that drained the sub basement are still alive today.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:26 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:43 am
Halfapint wrote:
Me to. Especially his red/blue card explanation kind of helped with the why/how. But that is one theory they presented, there are others.

But what's up with paint in Russia?

Pripyat was built to support Chernobyl. Built at the same time. Chernobyl was commissioned in 1977. The accident occurred in 1982.

Apparently Russian paint starts pealing and falling off the walls in large chunks only a few years after application.

I remember a guy from Russia describing to me once how it took 4 guys a week to paint his tiny Russian apartment. When he had his condo here in the US painted, it was one guy and he did it in a day. :?

The Dog thing was ... sad.

I would have walked my dogs 100 miles if they wouldn't let me on the bus.
Dogs weren't allowed on the buses during Katrina evac IIRC.
If you have dogs you care about, live in a city, and have no personal transportation, you might want to prep a doggo evac plan.

Amazing that 2 of the 3 guys that drained the sub basement are still alive today.
Remember many of the building were just left, clothes still hanging, windows open, etc. Moisture can do a lot of damage. I mean even looking at some of the buildings they are starting to collapse. I cant help but think maybe the amount of radiation perhaps weakened even the buildings?
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:26 pm
MacWa77ace wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:43 am
Halfapint wrote:

Remember many of the building were just left, clothes still hanging, windows open, etc. Moisture can do a lot of damage. I mean even looking at some of the buildings they are starting to collapse. I cant help but think maybe the amount of radiation perhaps weakened even the buildings?
Yes, but you're talking about how it looks now in Pripyat?
I'm talking about how it looked in 1986 at the time of the accident in Pripyat, Chernobyl, and all the other sets that were locations for scenes in the Mini-Series. most sets had pealing paint. Re-watch the first episode, or any that had a flashback to before the accident. Even during the accident at the hospital. Look at the walls. In the movie the paint is pealing in 1986. IRL Most of those buildings were not even built and painted before 1970.
I've seen what it looks like now, some 30 odd years later. Why did the producers think it looked like that when the buildings were only 7-15 years old and not exposed to anything but communism?

Moscow hospital https://cdn.extra.ie/wp-content/uploads ... ries-1.jpg

Pripyat https://tvseriesfinale.com/wp-content/u ... nobyl.jpeg

Some lab not even near Chernobyl https://nypdecider.files.wordpress.com/ ... &strip=all
Lifetime gamer watch at:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:14 pm

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:14 pm
QFT
Lifetime gamer watch at:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:49 pm

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 am

25 MINUTES LATER

Lifetime gamer watch at:

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:05 am

Not Really.

Minister of Paint being recognized again for saving Billions of Russian Rubles on paint costs in 2019

Lifetime gamer watch at:

Return to “Zombie Training Films”