Has any decent zombie flicks came out lately?

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Has any decent zombie flicks came out lately?

Post by JF89 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Maybe something with more of a serious tone and less of a parody. Im ok with B-movies just as long as its a decent movie overall.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Re: Has any decent zombie flicks came out lately?

Post by 91Eunozs » Fri May 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Not a movie, but just watched a mini-series called black summer (think that was the name anyway) on Netflix...it was OK.

Not quite as bad as Walking Dead or that other zombie show I stopped watching (zombie nation?) because I got tired of saying “people this stupid wouldn't survive” one too many times or in the case of the latter, the comic relief just got to be too much.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri May 17, 2019 11:01 pm

91Eunozs wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:39 pm
Not a movie, but just watched a mini-series called black summer (think that was the name anyway) on Netflix...it was OK.

Not quite as bad as Walking Dead or that other zombie show I stopped watching (zombie nation?) because I got tired of saying “people this stupid wouldn't survive” one too many times or in the case of the latter, the comic relief just got to be too much.
Black Summer is the prequel to Z Nation.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

JF89

Post by JF89 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:51 pm

91Eunozs wrote:

I liked "Dead Set" a lot but a lot of zombie tv shows are disappointing, I will give that one a try though. I liked certain seasons of TWD but others bored me to undeath. TWD spin off kind of sucked too, imo. The first season was ok then it just ate sh** , imo.

Did the genre die off or something?
28 days/weeks later were awesome and probably my favorite despite not really being zombie films.

JF89

Post by JF89 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:52 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:01 pm
91Eunozs wrote:

Black Summer is the prequel to Z Nation.
Thats disappointing to hear.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat May 18, 2019 6:41 am

No but there are a ton of good PAW shorts on YouTube these days. Maybe post something later.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat May 18, 2019 10:47 am

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

JF89

Post by JF89 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:59 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:47 am
The Night Eats The World
Dosnt look too bad.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun May 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Since the only movies the OP mentioned are at least 12 years old, here are some from the last few years....

*On either Netflix or free on Amazon.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”