Island Zero

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Island Zero

Post by Stercutus » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:34 am

From Amazon Prime comes before us now a low budget Alien Invasion type film.

If you are looking for a commando type squad to lock and load some heavy weaponry and take on the alien invaders check out The Battle For Los Angles. This is not that movie. This film is much more subtle, kind of like a 1950s horror film.

What makes this movie interesting is not that it takes place on an island entirely away from civilization that appears to have fallen but rather the casting. While absolutely no one would confuse the awful accents in the movie with a Maine Northeastern some of the characters pull it off the persona. The average age of the cast is around 55-65. This makes for some interesting moments between seniors like when one is bogarting the last supply of canned beans on the island. I did not recognize any of the actors but some of them were not terrible.

Special effects were bad. Writing was mediocre. They really could have done a lot more. The science in the film was horror movie science. Still not terrible. So far as B movies go I'd give it 8/10 or half that for a regular film.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Island Zero

Post by teotwaki » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:20 pm

This "movie" is so awful I couldn't even watch the official 1:57 min trailer to the end.

Total waste of video bits and time. Read a good book instead.
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Return to “Zombie Training Films”