Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Locked
MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3688
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:37 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:Someone wanna lend me $950 million to buy out Remington?
Got change for $1 Bn?

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2214
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:39 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:Someone wanna lend me $950 million to buy out Remington?
Got change for $1 Bn?
Maybe I should start a "go-fund-me".

I'll make a ZS series gun too... it will come with a Ceiner .22 conversion kit and be wrapped in blue cord.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6536
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:44 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:Someone wanna lend me $950 million to buy out Remington?
Got change for $1 Bn?
Maybe I should start a "go-fund-me".

I'll make a ZS series gun too... it will come with a Ceiner .22 conversion kit and be wrapped in blue cord.
Don't forget the pocket 9mm hidden in the stock, JeeperCreeper. :lol:

And I get the feeling someone out there will save Remington. Look at what happened with Colt. They announced a possible bankruptcy and a couple months later, they're bought out by some other company (I forget who bought Colt) and they're still pumping out 1911s and ARs.

Speaking of Colt, now that they brought out a new version of the Cobra snub nose revolver, I'm kind of hoping they'll bring back the Python.

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2214
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:47 pm

The Remington name is far too valuable to die, even if it just rears its head as a marketing ploy to rebrand crappy hunting gear from china.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 16302
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Location: Greater New Orleans Area

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by raptor » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:52 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:The Remington name is far too valuable to die, even if it just rears its head as a marketing ploy to rebrand crappy hunting gear from china.
I agree the Remington name is far too valuable to simply die. It is not unusual in an asset liquidation sale to sell the name and trademark.

That said Cerberus is way too sophisticated to allow this assets to be liquidated. They will likely use bankruptcy as tool give buzz cuts (never mind a haircut) to the creditors.

That is why this news is out in the press.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3688
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:03 pm

raptor wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:The Remington name is far too valuable to die, even if it just rears its head as a marketing ploy to rebrand crappy hunting gear from china.
I agree the Remington name is far too valuable to simply die. It is not unusual in an asset liquidation sale to sell the name and trademark.

That said Cerberus is way too sophisticated to allow this assets to be liquidated. They will likely use bankruptcy as tool give buzz cuts (never mind a haircut) to the creditors.

That is why this news is out in the press.
So, all the creditors get pennies on the dollar & Rem soldiers on?

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8682
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:46 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote: I'll make a ZS series gun too... it will come with a Ceiner .22 conversion kit and be wrapped in blue cord.
I'd like a special edition "Spice Dragon Airlines" one, or a "Mustache With Tittes" commemorative.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 16302
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Location: Greater New Orleans Area

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by raptor » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
raptor wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:The Remington name is far too valuable to die, even if it just rears its head as a marketing ploy to rebrand crappy hunting gear from china.
I agree the Remington name is far too valuable to simply die. It is not unusual in an asset liquidation sale to sell the name and trademark.

That said Cerberus is way too sophisticated to allow this assets to be liquidated. They will likely use bankruptcy as tool give buzz cuts (never mind a haircut) to the creditors.

That is why this news is out in the press.
So, all the creditors get pennies on the dollar & Rem soldiers on?
They have not filed bankruptcy yet so it is hard to say what would happen. That said the creditors have already agreed to a forbearance so I suspect that this is both posturing and plan b. You do not get DIP financing of your plan is to liquidate. There is no need for it in that case.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12419
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by Stercutus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:47 pm

RickOShea wrote: If they start selling actions with a barrel but conversion, barrels, triggers, and go-no-go gauges, etc at a decent price, I think home builders will be able to build the gun they want instead of having a sea of random SKU and limited edition Rem700 rifles that no one buys.

Someone wanna lend me $950 million to buy out Remington?
I bought one of their 700s last year. This mostly due to:

A- The risk adverse nature of our agency and subsequent refusal to endorse any other brand or model for duty use.
B- Local politics as Remingtons are made near here and the factory employs nearly 1000 people.

There are many, many, many better rifles out there these days and other agencies are figuring it out. That said they do make a good rifle... but they have been outclassed in recent years.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12419
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by Stercutus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:51 pm

raptor wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:The Remington name is far too valuable to die, even if it just rears its head as a marketing ploy to rebrand crappy hunting gear from china.
I agree the Remington name is far too valuable to simply die. It is not unusual in an asset liquidation sale to sell the name and trademark.

That said Cerberus is way too sophisticated to allow this assets to be liquidated. They will likely use bankruptcy as tool give buzz cuts (never mind a haircut) to the creditors.

That is why this news is out in the press.
Yeah this is yet another great reason to stay out of commercial bonds. Ever since 2008 when things go South bond holders get raped.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8682
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:58 pm

Kinda kewl*.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/USARM+1903B ... HAMMERLESS


Image


*Let The bitchin' about the price commence.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6536
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:31 pm

That is kind of cool, Rick.

Not very often you see those come up for sale. At least not online outside of Gunbroker or other auction sites.

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8682
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:54 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:That is kind of cool, Rick.

Not very often you see those come up for sale. At least not online outside of Gunbroker or other auction sites.
It's new production....


Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12419
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by Stercutus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:55 pm

RickOShea wrote:Kinda kewl*.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/USARM+1903B ... HAMMERLESS


Image


*Let The bitchin' about the price commence.
Can't. Near speechless. I bought a real one in 2006 for $105 at the flea market.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8682
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Stercutus wrote:
RickOShea wrote:Kinda kewl*.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/USARM+1903B ... HAMMERLESS



*Let The bitchin' about the price commence.
Can't. Near speechless. I bought a real one in 2006 for $105 at the flea market.
Sell that monkey, and make a mean profit. Image

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/743558732
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12419
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by Stercutus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:40 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
RickOShea wrote:Kinda kewl*.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/USARM+1903B ... HAMMERLESS



*Let The bitchin' about the price commence.
Can't. Near speechless. I bought a real one in 2006 for $105 at the flea market.
Sell that monkey, and make a mean profit. Image

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/743558732
Mine's not surplus. Just checked it is running around $300-400. Still, not a bad profit for 12 years.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6536
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:49 pm

RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:That is kind of cool, Rick.

Not very often you see those come up for sale. At least not online outside of Gunbroker or other auction sites.
It's new production....


Image
Well I'll be damned. I thought it was one from a collection or something.


If Colt can bring back the Model 1903, why can't they bring back the Python? That'd definitely get people excited.

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8682
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8682
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:02 pm

Start up, cash in, sell out, bro down....


ORSIS-K15 “Bro” Semi-Auto Rifle Released in Russia




Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6544
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by NT2C » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 am

I'd love to get one but I have no local CMP affiliated club I can join. (And the wife is getting pretty firm about "No more new guns") :(
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2214
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:31 am

KJ4VOV wrote:
I'd love to get one but I have no local CMP affiliated club I can join. (And the wife is getting pretty firm about "No more new guns") :(
... But technically it's not "new" :awesome:
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 1191
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:54 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by Akin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:35 am

KJ4VOV wrote:I'd love to get one but I have no local CMP affiliated club I can join. (And the wife is getting pretty firm about "No more new guns") :(
At the risk of angering your wife, you don’t need a local club. I joined a club online and never went to a meeting or anything when I bought my CMP M1 Garand.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by Halfapint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:05 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:
RickOShea wrote: I'd love to get one but I have no local CMP affiliated club I can join. (And the wife is getting pretty firm about "No more new guns") :(
... But technically it's not "new" :awesome:
Yeah these are very old. If she asks you just say no, honey this this is ancient. Wait, when did I purchase it? That doesnt matter. It’s not new. Trust me, it’ll be just fine.

Also, I like the fact that my SO encourages me to get new guns. She loves shooting, the last day we were together before she took off for 5 weeks, was her begging me to go shooting.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12419
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by Stercutus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:09 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

If Colt can bring back the Model 1903, why can't they bring back the Python? That'd definitely get people excited.
Yeah, especially the collectors who have run up the prices to sky high.

If they could make a Python of same or better quality than the one I have now for less than half the collector price than I am in. They would have to get all new tooling and machinery and essentially start from scratch.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Locked

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”