What are you playing?

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:14 am

fatty21 wrote:They were expecting it before 2018 but now its obviously pushed back.
Looks like June.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:45 am

Ghost Recon Wildlands

Went back to this game. I've been playing SWB2. But GRW came out with a Predator mission scenario and 4v4 multiplayer so I'll be GWRing with some friends for a little while.

The other thing that is cool, that probably came out with the 4v4 release, is that the Ghost Recon Network now has customizable signatures. I have mini customizable signatures in my ZS sig lines now for BF3, BF4[PS3], MoHW, BF4[PS4], that show my rank for each game.

It looks like the stats are for the 4v4 which I don't have any yet.

Note: The [ZS_] is my Task Force designator. So if any ZSers want to join let me know.

w3rdtoyamama
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series.

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:11 pm

Addicted to PUBG. Looooove it.
Czechnology wrote:Lots of people enjoy saying "Move" when people complain about their local/state laws, but that's a churlish, ignorant thing to say.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:01 pm

I've been playing the Xbox One version of Far Cry 4 and it only took me two weeks to complete the campaign missions. I remember having such a hard time completing certain missions and this time around, I had very little trouble. Still got my ass handed to me a couple times, though. :lol:

Now I'm just going around and completing the side missions or just messing around with all the guns in the game.

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:13 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:Ghost Recon Wildlands

Went back to this game. I've been playing SWB2. But GRW came out with a Predator mission scenario and 4v4 multiplayer so I'll be GWRing with some friends for a little while.

The other thing that is cool, that probably came out with the 4v4 release, is that the Ghost Recon Network now has customizable signatures. I have mini customizable signatures in my ZS sig lines now for BF3, BF4[PS3], MoHW, BF4[PS4], that show my rank for each game.

Note: The [ZS_] is my Task Force designator. So if any ZSers want to join let me know.

Is GWR worth getting? Been looking for a new shooter but wanted something a little more open world and that doesn't have to be online so I can pause it if need be (dad life).

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Post by The Twizzler » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:12 am

Wargame Red Dragon on Steam. It's a complicated RTS on Steam. You can pick either Western (Us, Canada, any western european Country, Japan, South Korea, Austraila) vs eastern block (Soviet Union, China, North Korea, Czechoslovakia, Poland) and a few neutral countries like Sweden. You have recon, artillery, tanks, infantry, jets, helos, naval, and support and command vehicles.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:58 am

ManInBlack316 wrote:
MacWa77ace wrote:Ghost Recon Wildlands

Is GWR worth getting? Been looking for a new shooter but wanted something a little more open world and that doesn't have to be online so I can pause it if need be (dad life).
Definitly worth getting. But you have to be online. you can 'pause' it anytime but that may back you up to the start of an area you were clearing. It is openworld to the extent that you limit the world to Bolivia and there are some areas you can't get to unless you chopper or parachute into/onto them.

It's a 3rd person shooter that you can set up to ADS or aim in 3rd person. Lots of stuff to do so lots of value $$. Also on the story mission, you can play solo, with computer AI's as your team mates, play with random team CoOp multi player, or play with friends CoOp. And Like I said they just added the 4v4 MultiPlayer mode.

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:10 pm

So you have to have to play online with it?
No option to just play solo and offline?

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:30 pm

ManInBlack316 wrote:So you have to have to play online with it?
No option to just play solo and offline?
yes. you can play solo [with your 3 AI team mates] offline and complete the story missions which are huge.

bltjr1951

Post by bltjr1951 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:24 am

Bought a new laptop so I could play Fall Out 4.
Got all the DLCs with sale on Steam.
Screwed up with spaceship and not sure I want to restart.
When I get tired of playing it, I switch out playing Sims 4 and Sims 3 supernatural.
NAHC NAFC REI NRA GOODSAM SFBC MBC WWII
Fenris wrote:God-speed on all your innovative new ideas, lolz.
-fenris-
Veritas wrote:My bad, I obviously over-reacted. You are allowed to disagree without me being a douchebag.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:48 am

I picked up "Watch Dogs 2" on sale at the local Walmart a couple weeks back.

It's a pretty good game and I don't see why a lot of gamers were so negative against it. Yeah, it's not GTA V, but I don't think it was ever meant to be the same as that game. I love GTA V, but I'm not going to compare every other open world sandbox type game to it and then get angry when they're not exactly the same.

Anyway, I love the game, but there are a few things I don't like. Number one being the constant Ubisoft online stuff. Every game session I do, I have to log out of the online play session in order to not get hassled by other gamers. I had one follow me around for twenty minutes, constantly spamming me to join up in a co-op session. I don't have a Ubisoft game account 9and don't really want one, to be honest), so I couldn't join them. Eventually, they left and I found out I could leave the online part.

Since then, I mostly play offline (or as offline as I can get without Ubisoft automatically logging me in every ten minutes).

Still, despite that issue, I love messing around in a virtual San Francisco. I'll probably never get to visit the real one, so this is basically a cheap way for me to see the sights without leaving Texas. :clap:

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:30 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I picked up "Watch Dogs 2" on sale at the local Walmart a couple weeks back.

It's a pretty good game and I don't see why a lot of gamers were so negative against it. Yeah, it's not GTA V, but I don't think it was ever meant to be the same as that game. I love GTA V, but I'm not going to compare every other open world sandbox type game to it and then get angry when they're not exactly the same.

Anyway, I love the game, but there are a few things I don't like. Number one being the constant Ubisoft online stuff. Every game session I do, I have to log out of the online play session in order to not get hassled by other gamers. I had one follow me around for twenty minutes, constantly spamming me to join up in a co-op session. I don't have a Ubisoft game account 9and don't really want one, to be honest), so I couldn't join them. Eventually, they left and I found out I could leave the online part.

Since then, I mostly play offline (or as offline as I can get without Ubisoft automatically logging me in every ten minutes).

Still, despite that issue, I love messing around in a virtual San Francisco. I'll probably never get to visit the real one, so this is basically a cheap way for me to see the sights without leaving Texas. :clap:
I wouldn't want to go to Kalifornia IRL.

I've been playing 'The Division' [released about 2 years ago on Playstation4] which is Ubisoft and in virtual New York City. Very accurate locations and facades. Not sure if its to scale though. There's no vehicles so you have to run, jog, or walk thru town. Actually now that I think about it, it is an Apocalyptic scenario. A manufactured virus is weaponized and spread by paper dollar bills killing almost everyone in NYC. And yeah the login for the game to start is probably 3-4 minutes which I hate, and you can't actually play offline, even if you are soloing. But joining up with random players to do mission is what that game is based on. An I like that co-op stuff, although there is also a PvP experience in 'The Dark Zone' of the map.

There's also weather changes [sometimes it gets so snowy or foggy, which creates glare at night and you have trouble seeing the tangos] and the time of day changes. The time is definitely scaled down you go from day to night in a few hours. But it's cool to watch the sun rise or fight at night etc.

You're a Division agent trying to find out info on the virus, set up your base of operations, restore vital infrastructure, bring rogue factions to justice, investigate missing agents, and much more.

TL:DR Division Gear/Gun mods summarized very briefly.
Division is a Gear and Gun mod heavy game though, and I don't like that aspect that much, but am getting good at that too. You gather weapons and gear to increase your agents abilities. But you can also build guns and gear if you collect the right parts and blueprints. And you can also 'optimize' existing gear to increase its abilities for you. And you can also 'recalibrate' gear, which is to change its primary ability from one type to another. Why would you need to do that? Well there's gear sets that give additional perks and each piece of gear give you a Firearms, Stamina, and Electronics ability. If you want to use say, a certain backpack and filter mask in combination to unlock certain perks, but they both upgrade Stamina, you may want to change one to upgrade Firearms, or your firearms stats would be too low. This part of the game and maintaining your inventory, stash, and extracted items, takes 10-20 minutes of maintenance work for every couple hours of Mission work.

It also has Appearance mods and sets. My agent is currently wearing a Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wildlands 'outfit' [another game I'm currently playing] and a friend of mine uses a Splinter cell 'outfit'. Which is what he also wears when we play TC GRW. There are tons of appearance items you can find, earn, buy, etc.

Here's some gameplay of the Division video's in my YT playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... aWkQsTpQrC
Here's some gameplay of the GRW video's in my YT playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... zoEMlm7_tA

Another one that I played a long time ago that had a mostly accurate location was Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [Playstation3]. I had not really heard of Pripyat before, but one of the missions went thru that city. Then later when I saw a documentary and some movies that were filmed there, I had major Deja Vu. Even the insides of some of the apartments and the swimming center and I think it was social center where spot on. The Ferris wheel and bumper cars were there too.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:37 pm

So here's what a BF4 World Ranked Jet Pilot [me] does with a new air combat video game called AirConflicts. [new to me]

A couple hours in and I had it set to Ace Difficulty and Simulation Mode which are the hardest settings in the Game. Then set it to 1 vs 10, and had no ammo reloads in this instant battle mode.

CLICK TO PLAY >> https://youtu.be/tJ0lVRS_UAY?t=4m14s

For proof of difficulty and game setup, start the video from the beginning, the link takes you to the awesome music video version which starts at 4:14.

Ellywick

Post by Ellywick » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:23 am

Right now the hubs and I are playing through Dragon Age Inquisition for the second time after playing through the previous games in the series a few times for different storyline variations. I love the series and really hope DA4 is actually going to come out some day and it's not just rumors. And if it comes out, Varric has to be in it or I will be severely disappointed. He's the best written side character IMO...my husband jokes that he's a little jealous of my crush on the dwarven rogue, lol.

Also, we're considering getting into an MMO together again. The last one we did was SWTOR. Didn't stop because we weren't enjoying it, but I got pregnant with my twins and couldn't sit at the computer very long comfortably. Any recommendations? I like story-driven ones (and not WOW).
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”