Any writers in here?

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Gunnook
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: TWD

Any writers in here?

Post by Gunnook » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Image We’re looking for people who enjoy writing and have an infatuation with zombies!

(What we have in mind)

We would like to set up monthly article where we would let the community set the stage, as in scenarios. Based on that scenario do a fun articl on how to survive. Go into details on key items to look for, best places to go first, to set camp or don’t!? Make up fun hypothetical situations Etc.. Each month take in more info so it’s more like a continued informative store line fed by the community.

(What we’re looking for)

We’re looking for someone fairly skilled with grammar and vocabulary use and
willing to wright one article a month on any givin scenario from the community.

Anyone interested please just drop me a PM here or e-mail me at josh@gunook.com
Last edited by Gunnook on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Last of the Mohicans, Caddyshack

Re: Any writers in here?

Post by Asymetryczna » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:15 pm

We’re looking for someone fairly skilled with grammar and vocabulary use and
willing to wright one article a monthly on any givin scenario from the community.
Recognized your logo/have visited your website quite a few times/looks fantastic. Will visit again. If you are in WV, even better. Close to heaven. That said, I think that your idea is basically mixed in to this giant blob of play-doh that is the ZS Forum. I will call this an opinion post.

Most of what quite a few people write here, if their posts were run together over a 30-day period, tells a mish-mash of facts, experiences, ideas, product reviews and suggestions. Always something new in this post-new world. Always a laugh. Often encouragement. Everyone tries out heckling, and likes to kick pedestals. They're preparedly corrective -Don't drink your pee!- aka PC for the zombie crowd. Flashlights freakin' matter; blades matter too but to each his own. My point is that what you are describing is exactly what this forum does in it's own constantly morphing way. People and products come and go and return and leave again. Unless I am reading this wrong and you are trying to hire a writer to support you, what you are looking for is exactly what you found here. Your forum will gain members. You could have just said, "We are expanding and have our own forum now." Most of us belong to more than one. Either way, you are most welcome to share here. If I were to try to put it all together and name one thing that makes it worth visiting I'd probably have to say that it makes me laugh. No; it's all the free reading I have been able to do because of one member who started the easy links reading club. Nah, it's because I always learn something new. OK. Seriously. This forum is not tied to business. That's why I like it...less tip-toeing around the one person or one thing you cannot offend. If my favorite thing is your least favorite, we agree to drop the discussion until a new third party comes along and brings it back up. In fact, I have no idea how this forum is even supported but I believe it is an advanced AI robot.

I should have said this up front: It's a forum; we're all writers in here.

In one location, isn't it better to gather?
~Yoda
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Gunnook
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Gunnook » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Recognized your logo/have visited your website quite a few times/looks fantastic. Will visit again. If you are in WV, even better. Close to heaven. That said, I think that your idea is basically mixed in to this giant blob of play-doh that is the ZS Forum. I will call this an opinion post.
Thank you for the kind words. We're constantly making improvements, we're happy to hear it's been a pleasant experience for you and that you'll be visiting us again. Actually, this is something we wanted to feature on the GunNook community site. Either said person would become a part of our staff or the ZS organization, if interested, could make it a joint venture with us. If something like that were to be done we could theme that page out so that ZS would get recognition and both communities could benefit from it. I'm sure we could work out other things where ZS could get discounts from our warehouse and other benefits. Eventually as our inventory grows we would like the writers to include some of the items the warehouse carries in the story line. This way if a sale results the writer could make commission. For now we just want to build a story line with made up scenarios, and ways to combat them, to entertain and engage members and customers.

Gunnook
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Gunnook » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:47 pm

:( No one?

TacAir

Post by TacAir » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:29 pm

Gunnook wrote::( No one?
Uhh, takers of just what???

I'm a published writer. Have been for years.

You neglected to mention rates... What do you pay and how? per article, per word and so on. Check, cash or M/O?

I suspect that once you make an offer, folks will reply - otherwise, your posts are just so much SPAM.

To that end - how large must this 'article' be to meet your needs? 800 words or 10,000?
How much will you pay per posted article? Is this First N/A rights, world-wide rights, work for hire or something else?
What kind of subjects for these articles do you anticipate?

Fill in the blanks and wait for the writers here reply.

I'm ready to make some money & I like to write 'fiction'.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Gunnook
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Gunnook » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:07 am

Originally, I was hoping this could be a joint operation between our two communities. We would’ve themed the page out to look like zombie squad and would’ve included ZS logos and links back to here. We refer to this as our Community Spotlight. Here’s an example minus no unique theme. GN Spot Light Example

With that said, I’ve also not officially reached out to any staff here. So if any ZS staff see's this and gets some ideas. Let me know :)

All of that aside - We’re basically looking for someone that wants to do this for fun. This is a voluntary position kind of. We do run a few ads here and there “very minimal.” So when we get a check from Google, we share that with our journalist/team. But if Its cash you’re trying to make. There are other ways to make money writing for GunNook if that’s something you’re looking to do. But it would be commission based pay. But that’s a completely different subject form this. Send me a personal message for more info on that if that is something your interested in.

As I said above, this position is technically voluntary. But, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t come with Parks. Writers/Staff get GunNook Plus for free. Which includes free shipping and discounted rates on all items in our warehouse. Plus Google ad revenue as mentioned before when it comes around.

We’re just looking for someone that wants to write creative stories once a month. Based on different scenarios that the community picks out. Then at the end of the year. I’ll have my artist buddy draw up some scenes from our story's. Then maybe turn it into a free e-book or just a free PDF download.

As for your other questions. There really is no real minimum. I mean let's be realistic and within reason. I would think at least three or four paragraphs minimum ? But we really just want this to be a fun thing. Now with that said! if you want to be creative and use items we carry in our warehouse as scenario solvers to get out of the situation. By all means. Link the item back to the store. If a sale transpires from your link you would get commission. But only if you wanted to do something like that.

So in a way, there are ways to make money. But no. we're not paying by the hour for someone to wright short stories for us. (Not at this time anyway) This is just something fun I want to do with our community.

We're also open to ideas..

I suspect that once you make an offer, folks will reply - otherwise, your posts are just so much SPAM.
Ouch!
Last edited by Gunnook on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TacAir

Post by TacAir » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:11 am

Writers that produce 'on spec' (on speculation that their work will be purchased) rarely get an hourly rate. That is why I asked about the per word rate.

Thanks for the reply.

Good luck
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Gunnook
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Gunnook » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:23 pm

TacAir wrote:Writers that produce 'on spec' (on speculation that their work will be purchased) rarely get an hourly rate. That is why I asked about the per word rate.

Thanks for the reply.

Good luck
thanks mate.

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”