Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

woodsghost

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by woodsghost » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:10 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:
woodsghost wrote:
RickOShea wrote:LOL, and so it begins.....

https://www.facebook.com/Recoil.gun.lif ... 25095509:0

Do I have the math right? [ (19 + X) - X ] = 19

While I like Glock, I feel the 19x is like the 45 GAP, solving problems which don't exist. But maybe I'm not understanding some things in this world.
Why not? Let's make it happen. Complete the set.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 pm

Ruger Unveils NEW Hawkeye Long Range Target & More Rifles for 2018

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018 ... ge-target/

Ruger Hawkeye long range target .300 Win mag

This rifle when you look at it “checks a lot of boxes” when it comes to features desired by long-range shooters. It has a Ruger Precision Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake crowning a heavy-contour target barrel with a 5/8″ x 24 TPI underneath to accept a multitude of other muzzle devices. It has a speckled black/brown laminate stock that can be adjusted for comb height and length-of-pull. It takes the widely-respected AI-style magazines and comes with a 20 MOA Picatinny rail from the factory. Aesthetically pleasing and boasting all the qualities that should ensure it to be a great shooter. The Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Target .300 Win Mag has an MSRP of $1,279.

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 pm

I thought cutting your g17 grip to g19 length was ultimate glock hawtness. Guess that ain't a thing anymore.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Ruger Announces SR1911 9mm & Suppressor Ready Mark IV Pistols

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018 ... mm-sr1911/

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:22 pm

brothaman wrote:I thought cutting your g17 grip to g19 length was ultimate glock hawtness. Guess that ain't a thing anymore.
Nah, the new hotness is trying to fit the smallest slide possible onto a G17 frame.

Give it time and I guarantee someone at Glock will try to slap a G43 slide onto a G17 frame. :lol:

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:06 pm

RickOShea wrote:Ruger Unveils NEW Hawkeye Long Range Target & More Rifles for 2018

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018 ... ge-target/

Ruger Hawkeye long range target .300 Win mag

This rifle when you look at it “checks a lot of boxes” when it comes to features desired by long-range shooters. It has a Ruger Precision Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake crowning a heavy-contour target barrel with a 5/8″ x 24 TPI underneath to accept a multitude of other muzzle devices. It has a speckled black/brown laminate stock that can be adjusted for comb height and length-of-pull. It takes the widely-respected AI-style magazines and comes with a 20 MOA Picatinny rail from the factory. Aesthetically pleasing and boasting all the qualities that should ensure it to be a great shooter. The Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Target .300 Win Mag has an MSRP of $1,279.

Hmmmm.... I like it, been looking at a better long range gun.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Been looking at upping my storage game and am considering buying a few of these MTM AC4C crates - 4x30 Cal cans. I'm having trouble determining if there are any foam inserts that I can buy that will fit these cans (are all 30 cal cans the same inside?)

https://www.amazon.com/MTM-AC4C-Ammo-Cr ... s=ammo+can

Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:05 pm

00dlez wrote:Been looking at upping my storage game and am considering buying a few of these MTM AC4C crates - 4x30 Cal cans. I'm having trouble determining if there are any foam inserts that I can buy that will fit these cans (are all 30 cal cans the same inside?)

https://www.amazon.com/MTM-AC4C-Ammo-Cr ... s=ammo+can

Oh man I LOVE that! but I can tell you they are different shapes. I have some of the 30cal cans from Sportsmens, milspec and everything else they are all shaped differently. but maybe they are all close enough that something like this can actually fit them all? Be the guinea pig and test it for us!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:43 pm

I wonder if the MTM crates are specifically designed for those plastic ammo cans and not the metal USGI type cans.

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I wonder if the MTM crates are specifically designed for those plastic ammo cans and not the metal USGI type cans.
The tops are certainly different than USGI cans, and I imagine for the crate itself to stack that one would need to use the plastic branded cans - which is fine. I'm mostly curious if a foam insert will still work, or at least be made to work.
Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:05 pm

00dlez wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I wonder if the MTM crates are specifically designed for those plastic ammo cans and not the metal USGI type cans.
The tops are certainly different than USGI cans, and I imagine for the crate itself to stack that one would need to use the plastic branded cans - which is fine. I'm mostly curious if a foam insert will still work, or at least be made to work.
I'd think you'd be able to make a foam insert to work with metal cans. Guys make custom foam inserts for their rifle cases all the time, so making a custom foam insert for this thing might be possible.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:57 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:51 pm

RickOShea wrote:The Liberator shotgun ?!?!?

http://www.recoilweb.com/the-ashley-upd ... 32757.html

I can't imagine that thing being even remotely fun to shoot.

Just like the Liberator pistol. :lol:

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:00 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

I had to Google the weight. That should be a 16ga shotgun weighing 7.6 lbs. Your bedside shotgun is about 5.5 lbs (empty) and 12ga. That Liberator was probably nicer to shoot, but no recoil pad. I don't know that many shotguns of that day had recoil pads anyway.

I wish someone would remake it. Do a 18 inch barreled version and a SBS version. It would sell. I'd like to do it in 20 ga and 12 ga.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:24 pm

This was just posted on a face page broil I'm in. Interesting idea for those shooters out there balling on a budget, I might Theo 50$ at it a month or something and see if it works. You set up an installment, and when you want the ammo to ship, they ship it to your door (except CA of course)

https://ammosquared.com/how-it-works/

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:50 pm

GAH! I found a Ruger SP101 in 327 Fed. Its the First one with the 3 inch barrel and the blade rear sight. I think the price is going to be cheap. Its so close to what I want. I want the one with the 4.2 in barrel and the adjustable rear sight (or the single action in any length). Why I gotta get tempted? WHY? :gonk:

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:27 pm

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:07 pm

A little cheaper at Bud's, and their insured shipping is usually around $10.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... +4.2+AS+SS

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:55 pm

brothaman wrote:I thought cutting your g17 grip to g19 length was ultimate glock hawtness. Guess that ain't a thing anymore.
That would seem to depend on the company you keep: http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.co ... sus-x.html
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:49 am

Halfapint wrote:This was just posted on a face page broil I'm in. Interesting idea for those shooters out there balling on a budget, I might Theo 50$ at it a month or something and see if it works. You set up an installment, and when you want the ammo to ship, they ship it to your door (except CA of course)

https://ammosquared.com/how-it-works/
https://22gunclub.com

Here's another one I saw an ad for. I know nothing about either but I'm glad to see ammo is taking the dollar shave club model of neo-modern-subscription service.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:42 pm

LOL, poor lil fella....

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:48 pm

woodsghost wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

I had to Google the weight. That should be a 16ga shotgun weighing 7.6 lbs. Your bedside shotgun is about 5.5 lbs (empty) and 12ga. That Liberator was probably nicer to shoot, but no recoil pad. I don't know that many shotguns of that day had recoil pads anyway.
In the video Ashley said that Ian, from "Forgotten Weapons", measured the bores on their examples....and they were 12 gauge.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:04 am

This could be interesting. But it's PSA....what are the odds they can pull it off?

American Made MP5 New from Palmetto State Armory

In advance of SHOT Show, Palmetto State Armory has been teasing all week about the possibility that they will soon introduce an MP5 clone into the US market.

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:25 pm

RickOShea wrote:
A little cheaper at Bud's, and their insured shipping is usually around $10.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... +4.2+AS+SS

That's the one I want.

This is the model I can get on the cheap.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”