Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:51 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
raptor wrote:
RickOShea wrote:What's all this "Glock 19X" talk?.....looks like a G19 slide on a G17 frame.
It sure looks that way. Not exactly earth shattering.
Haven't guys been home brewing versions of these for years ?

Matter of fact, I think ZS is where I saw someone who took a G17 frame and cut it down to G19 size.
Yeah....'cept....opposite. :crazy:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Fun story of the day.... Was on the phone with a guest tracking their missing bags. Told them that SKS still had the bags and that we are waiting for them to get the bags to us. Later on in the convo I said, I'm sorry SKS really isn't very reliable and they always have jams. The guys stops and says I thought they were very reliable, he's never had a problem with one. I said oh that's strange we always have issues with them.

Later did I realize I was saying SKS not SAS (Scandinavian Airlines).... But my brain went to SKS. I laughed when I realized what I had said. I had to cut him and say..... "I'm sorry was I saying SKS earlier" he laughed and knew what I was talking about. Then we ended up talking about guns well getting paid. It was a good day!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Glock introduces military-inspired crossover G19X pistol

http://www.guns.com/2018/01/02/glock-in ... 9x-design/

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:02 pm

RickOShea wrote:Glock introduces military-inspired crossover G19X pistol

I'd like one, although I don't want to go thru that expense just for an extra 2 to 4 rounds.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:45 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
RickOShea wrote:Glock introduces military-inspired crossover G19X pistol

I'd like one, although I don't want to go thru that expense just for an extra 2 to 4 rounds.
Just buy a couple Taran Tactical mag extensions if you want an extra couple rounds. The only drawback to those is they're like 40 bucks a pop.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:29 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
Just buy a couple Taran Tactical mag extensions if you want an extra couple rounds. The only drawback to those is they're like 40 bucks a pop.
Or, and I know this is gonna sound crazy....you could just stick a G17 mag in a G19. :crazy:

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:49 pm

RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:I'd like one, although I don't want to go thru that expense just for an extra 2 to 4 rounds.
Or, and I know this is gonna sound crazy....you could just stick a G17 mag in a G19. :crazy:
I have this feeling that the G17 mags would be the simpler, economical, but less-cool-looking option....hmmm.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:01 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:I'd like one, although I don't want to go thru that expense just for an extra 2 to 4 rounds.
I have this feeling that the G17 mags would be the simpler, economical, but less-cool-looking option....hmmm.
Now, if some company like Hogue were to come out with a molded silicone piece that you could slip onto a G17 mag to make it fit better and look nicer...
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:07 pm

RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:

That's an even better option, Rick. :clap: :lol:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:46 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:Now, if some company like Hogue were to come out with a molded silicone piece that you could slip onto a G17 mag to make it fit better and look nicer...
If only....oh, wait....

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10061 ... ymer-black

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:49 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:

That's an even better option, Rick. :clap: :lol:
Don't forget the brown krylon
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:08 pm

RickOShea wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:Now, if some company like Hogue were to come out with a molded silicone piece that you could slip onto a G17 mag to make it fit better and look nicer...
If only....oh, wait....

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10061 ... ymer-black

See? I knew it was a good idea! :mrgreen:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:56 pm

So this Glock 19x, I'm honestly wondering what the point is. You get a shorter barrel and more ammo. I feel the shorter barrel makes sense for concealment, but the longer grip throws that out the window. And the mag extensions do more damage to concealment. Unless you carry in the arm pit. Then it makes some sense. Maybe it makes more sense with chest rigs and limited horizontal space?
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:07 pm

woodsghost wrote:So this Glock 19x, I'm honestly wondering what the point is. You get a shorter barrel and more ammo. I feel the shorter barrel makes sense for concealment, but the longer grip throws that out the window. And the mag extensions do more damage to concealment. Unless you carry in the arm pit. Then it makes some sense. Maybe it makes more sense with chest rigs and limited horizontal space?
The 19X appears to be similar to their entry in the Army's MHS competition (sans the manual safety). But since the Army decided to go with Sig, instead of Glock, I think Glock is just releasing the 19X to salve some of their their butthurt. Image

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 pm

RickOShea wrote:
woodsghost wrote:So this Glock 19x, I'm honestly wondering what the point is. You get a shorter barrel and more ammo. I feel the shorter barrel makes sense for concealment, but the longer grip throws that out the window. And the mag extensions do more damage to concealment. Unless you carry in the arm pit. Then it makes some sense. Maybe it makes more sense with chest rigs and limited horizontal space?
The 19X appears to be similar to their entry in the Army's MHS competition (sans the manual safety). But since the Army decided to go with Sig, instead of Glock, I think Glock is just releasing the 19X to salve some of their their butthurt. Image

Haha the sales from the Glockophiles will be oh so soothing.

I read an article today in it, not sure where, but it was total fan boy bs on trying to rationalize it as more effective than both the Glock 17 and 19... When it is really only taking the bad in both and compromising them together.

It said stuff about the 19 slide will make it easier to conceal but the big grip makes it easier to grasp... Like the 19 was so small like an lcp or something. Or that you couldn't put 17 mags in a 19 if you wanted to. It just grasping at straws.

Cool gun, but not revolutionary nor perfection
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:38 pm

All of these pictures remind me just how fugly Glocks are. Not speaking to their quality, but, good god, they are so...barf.

But that doesn't stop me from owning one. :rofl:
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:45 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:nor perfection
But but.......... they lied?!?

JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:43 pm

NICS checks down 8% from 2016, but 2017 still 2nd highest year....

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nic ... r.pdf/view

boskone

Post by boskone » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm

RickOShea wrote:NICS checks down 8% from 2016, but 2017 still 2nd highest year....

I'd hazard people were much less anxious about a renewed AWB or similar legislation.

I'd be curious about the number of "uniques": how many were new gun owners rather than repeat buyers.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 pm

boskone wrote:
RickOShea wrote:NICS checks down 8% from 2016, but 2017 still 2nd highest year....

I'd hazard people were much less anxious about a renewed AWB or similar legislation.

I'd be curious about the number of "uniques": how many were new gun owners rather than repeat buyers.
I'll say I know lots of people on the "left" of the political spectrum that never shot nor owned guns who now have in the last year bought/built their first firearms. Many of those now own multiple. However a lot of them have purchased 80% lowers for both glocks and ARs. One really good friend was fascinated after I got into firearms that he bought a small CNC machine to try and make an AR from scratch. Found that was to much work and has made about 10 80% lowers for himself (He's got to much money for is own good. he has 3d printers that he has going almost 24x7). I also know a lot of LGBT people who are now gun owners, again people who never wanted them, never shot them, and just a few years ago were very much anti gun, are owning them and training with them.

Anywho, interesting times we live in

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 am

Also, in several states, if you can show the FFL a valid CCW permit, then they are allowed to skip the NICS check for a purchase/transfer.

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Here in AZ it's that way. SHow your CCW pay your money and walk out with your new gun. Its absolutely wonderful when you are at a gun show and the background check system is down so every dealer is dying to make a deal to anyone that they can sell too at that point just to not walk away from the show having paid more for table space than they made at the show.
Regulators mount up.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:32 pm

zobmiedown wrote:Here in AZ it's that way. SHow your CCW pay your money and walk out with your new gun. Its absolutely wonderful when you are at a gun show and the background check system is down so every dealer is dying to make a deal to anyone that they can sell too at that point just to not walk away from the show having paid more for table space than they made at the show.
I think it's the same way here in Texas as well.

I believe you still have to fill out the 4473 form, but they skip the phone call if you have a carry permit. It's been awhile since I've bought a gun from an FFL dealer, so I could be wrong.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
zobmiedown wrote:Here in AZ it's that way. SHow your CCW pay your money and walk out with your new gun. Its absolutely wonderful when you are at a gun show and the background check system is down so every dealer is dying to make a deal to anyone that they can sell too at that point just to not walk away from the show having paid more for table space than they made at the show.
I think it's the same way here in Texas as well.

I believe you still have to fill out the 4473 form, but they skip the phone call if you have a carry permit. It's been awhile since I've bought a gun from an FFL dealer, so I could be wrong.
https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulatio ... rmit-chart

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”