Battlefield 4

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:47 pm

BF4 Winter Update out.

Levelcap went over the changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCQC88Te7c0

And Neebs has a new video out where he's trying to learn BF4 on PC, he's a console guy, and he says PC is easier. :lol: Hmmmm. Where'd I hear that before. The thing I noticed was the 'look around' is so much faster than console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7-1DnnkMzs

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:20 pm

I love the mouse and keyboard. If you can hook it up to your PS3, you really should

Just turn off Aim Assist.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:17 am

R_C_S wrote:I love the mouse and keyboard. If you can hook it up to your PS3, you really should

Just turn off Aim Assist.
Yeah, that's right, your a convert too. :)

I'm positive I could hook 'em up to PS3, either blue tooth or or USB. I've been thinking about a blue tooth keyboard for a while now, just for messaging though, 'cause typing with a controller is the suck. But I'm not sure you could use them in a game to control gameplay. In BF4 on PS3 all the control prompts are controller related: R1 to Fire, O to Activate, L2 to Spot, etc. I'll see if there is something in the settings to change to K&M, that'd be a clue.

I never use aim assist on principle. It's the first setting I change when I get a new game.

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:37 am

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:58 pm

unGoog-leavable.

Yeah that's what I thought, you need a converter to use them to control a game.

Eagle Eye for PS3 $59 on amazon right now. [not doin' it]

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Yea, that doesn't seem like much of a deal.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:28 am

Having no keyboard attachment like Xbox does for the controller is asinine. I hate typing with no keypad. I'm sure modern 10 yr olds can do it at Lightspeed, but it takes me forever
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:08 am

TheLastOne wrote:Having no keyboard attachment like Xbox does for the controller is asinine. I hate typing with no keypad. I'm sure modern 10 yr olds can do it at Lightspeed, but it takes me forever
You aren't alone on that one. Even though it's a QWERTY key map, using it with a joystick is completely jacked.

Also, I had some thoughts on BF Hardline BETA 2.0 and I think some of you can relate if you had played it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNUgrHKfjBU

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:58 am

I've had this game for a couple of years, but I only started playing it over the last couple of days.

This could be a problem.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:37 am

alright, no updates to this section of the forum since last thursday and my mind can't handle it :crazy:

Still playing bf4 and having fun every time. Trying to get the dumb phantom tags done for no good reason. I need tank kills (ugh like 125), shot gun ribbons, and roadkills. LMG kills wasn't much fun; most maps and my style of play require something a lot quicker on the draw. Plus, I had already had a billion lmg kills before unlocking the assignment that didn't carry over. Lame o

Not much else. I really hate the gardens map.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:38 am

Finished the campaign on 4 a while ago, so I went to 3. Just finished 3 this afternoon. May go back to 4 on the higher difficulty.

I definitely prefer the player control on 4. :v:
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:05 pm

I lost my campaign progression in the fall update and I had to eventually run back thru it. Well I just ran thru the BF4 campaign on Hard setting adding about 3 more trophies [1 was complete the campaign on hard :awesome: ], and got the third ending assignment so now I have all three endings done. Now that I can go back into any mission, I can gather the 'collectables' I'll be doing that sooner or later; and there are two missions that I just missed the score assignments on so I gotta do them over until I get the score award.

Also put up some more videos on Youtube if you want to check 'em out.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqIHlD ... oglSl6p4xA
Still ranked #23 in the World for Jet Kills on PS3. Subscribe if you enjoy watching some insane 'Jet Stuff' and Dogfighting.

I stopped using score boosts a long while ago to keep my rank as low as possible on the leaderboards, but now at rank 113 it looks like its 500,000 points to get to each new rank, I may have to go back to using them again. [By doing that, I'm the lowest rank and lowest time played on the PS3 Air Superiority score's top 10 World Ranked players.] I have a Highlight Reel of Me vs the #1 AS Score guy, fubberr62, on my YT Channel, if you want to check that out.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:19 pm

SRAW LUCK:

I’m fairly jazzed; I actually had some decent hits with the SRAW last time I played. I rarely have a problem hitting a moving tanks or APC’s with it so the challenge for me is hitting moving aircraft or moving infantry at long distances.

Well I finally got hits on a bunch of helicopters by using Mikeyboy’s tip about keeping the white propellant flame over the target. Something must have finally clicked. But here’s the weird thing, I’d get the hit on the chopper and the best I could do with one rocket hit was a mobility hit. Now I know from experience that its possible to be piloting choppers @ 100% health and then BAM, dead, killed instantly by a SRAW with one hit. So how do they kill me with one SRAW rocket when the only damage I can do with it is a mobility hit at best?!?

There was this one time on Siege though, where someone had designated a helo that was wreaking havoc on our team. I’d never seen that designation before when I had a SRAW so I aimed and fired but didn’t have a lock [noob] and missed, thinking it would just lock. But the target was still designated so I aimed again, this time waited for the lock, and fired. And that shot hit / killed him and a rider, but he may not have been at 100% health by the time the rocket hit him. Does designating a target like that make the rocket more deadly?? IDTS

Here’s an epic BF4 SRAW moment for me. Hope you guys get a kick out of it.
On Altai, I had piloted a transport helo w/ two gunners over to E where there was a raging battle going on. I flew low over the objective but both gunners jumped out, so I landed on the side of the road between an APC and a building and switched to a gunner position in the helo and started killing all the infantry that were coming in over the hill from B, and an enemy Helo to boot. There were a couple of snipers that kept going up on this particular outcrop also, and I kept killing/supressing them with the mini gun. The whole time it was Armor, Infantry and Helo’s going at it; and me in a grounded helo’s gunner position in the middle of the road in the middle of the objective. It lasted what seemed like a lifetime [‘bout a minute] and then the area cleared out, everyone dead but me .

I had ended up behind one of the buildings when I heard the snap of a Sniper rifle, I took cover behind a wrecked building then heard it again, and it took me a second to locate the sniper who was back on top of the same outcrop to the right of the road as you are looking at B from E. Anyhow, I’ve got a P90 with red dot [not appropriate for counter sniper work] and the sniper is a couple hundred yards away. Yeah I tried… popping up for short bursts, displacing and popping up for single shots, …full auto. Not even a hit marker. Switched to the SRAW and shot thru a hole in the wall of the building I was behind and guided that sucker right into him. It took a long time to travel the disctance to the target and I was thinking that he was going to headshot me while I’m guiding it in, maybe he was mesmerized watching the rocket come towards him, like a deer in the headlights, and not watching me or moving out of the way. I think I killed that guy 3 times on that one objective battle ‘cause he kept going back to the same spot. Anyhow, that was my first successful use of a SRAW as a long distance counter sniper weapon.

Then I had an epic BF4 HVG moment on Flood Zone. As always there were snipers on the rooftops. And again I had a PDW w/ red dot. There were two guys above us on this one roof that had sort of a wall that they could stay behind. And the angle was steep, so even when they shot over the edge at us all you could see was their heads. I wasn’t alone and my squad mates were trying to get shots at them but they were putting a hurtin’ on everyone. So I pull out my trusty Red Rider HVG launcher [with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time]. ‘Cause they would peek over the edge, shoot and drop back out of sight, I figured I kinda had to time this shot. So when they got in sync with each other I put a grenade right on the edge of the wall, right between them, and got a multi kill just as they looked over the wall together. “Take that Black Bart!”

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:33 pm

Hey, for you guys wanting some pro tips on helos, here's a video that a friend of mine, GTMN aka CrushxResistance, posted with some aiming tips and trick flying maneuvers that you can do now after the update that allows helos to loop and barrel roll.

Please click the link to the page and then click the like button on this one, because if he gets 100 likes he's going to post a jet secrets video and he's ranked #7 in the world in jet kills. And I'd really like to see that one made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pavH-EaPttA

MacWa77ace

Re: Battlefield 4 ****UPDATED****

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu May 28, 2015 7:07 pm

Spring Update is out.

What's cool
Your specialty dog tags now display your accomplishments. For example If you unlocked an MVP [right] tag it displays how many times you've received the MVP ribbon. If you unlocked the Conquerer [right] tag it displays how many times you've captured a flag. I really like this, now when someone kills you, on the kill cam you can get a better idea of who you are dealing with. And maybe do some serious intimidation for the guys who don't know which tag is which. :awesome:

They changed a bunch of other stuff to make it better. SPRING PATCH AND SPRING PATCH NOTES

They added a Gunmaster mode, I played that in Close Quarters DLC in BF3, that was fun/crazy.

What sucks
Again I had to go back into the settings on every weapon/vehicle and change them back to the loadouts that I want. Why can't they make a soldier profile that can survive the patches?

They tweeked the Jet Fighters damage for guns, but I haven't played that yet to see what that'll do to my game.

Anyhow still have'n loads of fun.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Found this pic of the BFF's aka Neebs Gaming. Don't know if the hotlink will stay up but its from this page http://wilmywoodnc.com/tag/battlefield-friends/

(L to R)Tony Schnur, Nate Panning, Jon Etheridge, Brent Triplett, Bryan Mahoney

Neebs: Brent Triplett
Thick:Tony Schnur
Simon: Bryan Mahoney
Doraleous: Nate Panning
Apprso: Jon Etheridge

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:02 pm

That's awesome. It's pretty cool to see the guys behind the microphone.

It's sad they aren't doing a lot of BF content anymore--but with Hardline being dead on PC and BF4 being 2 years old the only thing to do is what everyone else is doing: Minecraft.

tazmanny

Post by tazmanny » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:05 pm

Minecraft? lol... Try Arma 3
https://sites.google.com/site/simunomicsguide
Can you beat a Business Simulation game if you played against real people?

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:01 pm

They still do at least a couple BF vids a week.

This vid sorta explains why they stopped doing the BFF vids. 2 week production with production overhead costs etc to produce vs just recording gameplay and adding commentary.

And they had me crying I was laughing so hard with this recent upload. [At work] It was Thick's reaction at the end. Priceless :rofl:

I was so pissed off at how they Nerfed BF4 with the update that I actually went back to BF3 for a while, [you may have noticed that my BF3 rank went from Colonel 15 to 16 in my sig] but BF4 has some stuff you can't live without. At the same time a FNG at work who has never played the BF franchise got BF3 [for $4] so he and I are gonna do the BF3 Co-Op this weekend. Ima train him up using BF3 then BF4.

Anyhow due to this recent backslide on my part, I created the ZS platoon for BF3 also. So if anyone one is interested in joining that, CHAT me on Battlelog, even if you just want the emblem and tag on your BF3 soldier. Tag [ZS]

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:19 am

Battlefield Friends Season 5 is starting up. Subcribe here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcMTZY ... j44D5VMyiw

TRAILER:

S5:E1

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:08 pm

For when you're out on your mock bug out and find yourself without your PC, Xbox, or Playstation, take comfort with the BF4 Board game.

RISK BATTLEFIELD ROGUE

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Risk-Battl ... board+game

A must for all ZS'ers. It weighs 2.4 lbs so not for the 'ultra lighters'.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:50 am

New Personal Best this weekend. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ba ... 346675269/
Up yours DICE.

Technically my KPM was only 1.8, which is still low compared to pre-update averages, but this was an unusually long round.
I never thought I would get into the 30's after the Jets were nerfed in the spring '15 update 'cause:
  • TTK is longer
    Optimum Turning is more difficult
    Mobility hits are glitched to the point of ridiculousness.

"We wanted to create an environment where everyone feels good about themselves, where there is no score kept, no winners, no losers, no goals to reach, and everyone gets a trophy. In the fall 2015 update there will only be one team on the map in a round, and all the weapons will be removed because they cause damage to others. Also we are changing the 'Redeploy' option back to 'Suicide' as it seems more appropriate for people playing our games." anonymous DICE employee.

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:12 pm

:words:

Been awhile since I've seen any videos, amigo. I was wondering if you stopped playing.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:15 pm

R_C_S wrote: :words:

Been awhile since I've seen any videos, amigo. I was wondering if you stopped playing.
No I pretty much play a little every weekend. Got a couple vids started but since I got this new editing software I am still trying to figure it out. Think I got that 'softness' problem fixed. Turns out HPVR records at 59.94 FPS and I was outputting at either 29 or 60 FPS. And I've also run out of hard disk space, and can't swing a 2TB external right now. [Just bought 420 rds of XM855 and a scope and mount for my Benji 392, then my washer and pool pump motor broke in the same week. Priorities.]

But in the last month I also played thru Sniper Elite V2, And Apache Air Assault campaigns on regular and vet difficulties, and now working on CoDG. [also bought CoDMW2 which I got halfway thru but never finished on someone else's disk, CoD3, and TC Ghost Recon AW2]

BTW, Posted two old vids up on reddit this weekend, [like you had mentioned] and the views blew up on em.

I've actually been working on an Apache Air Assault video of the campaign walk thru on vet difficulty. Turns out that if you're good at choppers in BF3/4 you can dominate that game your first hour of gameplay.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”