Sudden Death

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

mariposa

Re: Sudden Death

Post by mariposa » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 pm

We, and Starr, have been left hanging for quite some time. Moar, please.

Azraelsjudgement
Favorite Zombie Movies: Least Favorite would be a shorter list

Post by Azraelsjudgement » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:23 am

Wow didnt realize its been so long. Been super busy with school and getting house/yard ready for winter. Plus I have a new project for work going on. I have not forgotten and am still alive.
"My zombies will never take over the world because I need the humans. The humans are the ones I dislike the most, and they're where the trouble really lies." - George A. Romero

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:02 am

I hope Christmas brings us a new installment of this story.

Azraelsjudgement

Post by Azraelsjudgement » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:23 am

One more week of school with a large paper due then I will work to post an update before christmas.
"My zombies will never take over the world because I need the humans. The humans are the ones I dislike the most, and they're where the trouble really lies." - George A. Romero

Azraelsjudgement

Post by Azraelsjudgement » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Sorry. Massive writers block.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex sat with her uncle Mort, Sal, and Chris around a table of beef, fresh greens, and potatoes. Alex’s mouth watered at the prospect of real food “Uh where did you guys get this?”

Chris smiled. He was enjoying the looks on their faces “Dad was well prepared. Some of his ole war buddies were farmers and went back into the family business after their service. We had about eight farms we were to secure when ‘shit hit the fan’ unfortunately we only were able to secure four, but um yah we get fresh food supplemented by scavenged food. Of course we have a supply of the shit they feed us out in the field too.”

Alex nodded cutting into her steak. She took a bloody piece covered in horseradish delicately placing it into her mouth. The explosion of fresh meat was euphoric after months of mostly pre-packaged food. It was almost better than sex, almost. She had almost forgotten what real food tasted like and before she knew it her plate was clean as was Sal’s. Chris filled their plates again before they could be embarrassed about asking for more. Chris also made sure the rest of her crew was given plenty of the good stuff in the bigger room next to her uncle’s office. After they cleaned their second plate it was time to talk shop when really Alex just wanted to pass out in blissful gluttony and pretend the world was normal for a night.

Mort looked at the satisfied faces of his guests “So why don’t you tell me the story of your travels then I’ll tell ya what I know.”

Alex and Sal took deep breaths then took turns telling their story switching back and forth as they each recalled different parts. Mort and Chris listened in stunned silence as they didn’t realize how good they had it compared to the rest of the world. For someone of Sal and Alex’s training to struggle so much Mort felt mildly depressed for the rest of the human race. He knew it was bad, but didn’t realize how vicious and unrelenting the dead and mutants alike were.

After Alex finished her story it was Mort’s turn “Well that gives us an idea of what’s going on out there. What I can tell you is this mess was done on purpose, but my guess was the mutants and not the undead were the desired result of the world wide experiment.”

Mort took a deep breath “You see the virus was delivered with nanotechnology that should not exist. In fact everyone we have examined…. actually has the virus in them. Some like in all of us here it was not released the nanotech failed; the virus lays dormant or maybe even dead in our brainstem. We’re not quite sure…..anyways the virus was supposed to attack our DNA directly. Unfortunately it killed most people and then reconstituted them into vessels for the virus’s own purpose of spreading itself. That is at least the standard hypothesis developed….”

Chris jumped in as he noticed his Dad pausing out of disgust “Then there are some where for one reason or another actually turns them into the mutants you speak of. They get so sick because their DNA is altering not because they are dying. Though again it failed most of the time creating mindless thugs, but some actually have kept their higher brain functions while enhancing the physical characteristics….more muscle mass, enhanced antibodies, and the ability to absorb more pain and possibly even faster healing capabilities…”

Sal sighed “So essentially they are better than us?”

Mort shrugged “Evolutionary speaking, probably. The thing we have to see is if they can breed and if they can pass us in ingenuity. It’s not always the strongest that survive the evolutionary process.”

“True” Sal agreed “It is about adaptation. Small Mammals survived a giant asteroid and giant lizards didn’t kinda thing. Well let’s hope the bigger fall again…”

Alex felt like she was hit with a sledge hammer “Wait! so you’re saying someone did manage to evolve a tiny percentage of the population….on purpose. Like mad scientist crap, is that right?”

Mort nodded “It seems so and so far they all have the instinct to kill their competition….us.”

Sal shook his head in disbelief “This is insane so who did it?”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starr hung in the dark hell hole she awoke in; shivering in fear and out of being cold. The stress of the situation kept making her mind push her into the world of make believe she used to hide in when her father had his way with her. It was a world of talking animals, bright colors, and toys of all variety. She kept seeing herself dressed in a princess gown playing with animals on a jungle gym playing tag. They told her she would be alright and they would take care of her no matter what happened. The leader of the animals was Queen Adrianna the Chipmunk. She was always ready to protect all the animals of the forest….

*SMACK*Starr’s eyes popped open to a horrendous sight. Before her stood a mutant, but he appeared a bit different than others. His cranium appeared bigger than it should be with a smaller face and jaw that stuck out a little. He was big and brawny like a mutant, but wore doctor’s scrubs. His hands had long fingers with what appeared to be filed down claws at the end. Like a bear gave itself a pedicure. Starr gulped, too scared to speak. The mutant didn’t even acknowledge her he just tore her down and flung her over his shoulder. His skin was cold and damp against hers. She shivered in revulsion. His pungent body odor made her want to vomit. If she wasn’t so scared of making him mad she may have just let it come out. The mutant brought her into the next room which was even a bigger house of horrors then where she just was.

The room had stainless steel walls, concrete ceiling, and floor that had a drain filled with blood and things Starr didn’t wish to observe closer. The room was set up like some kind of surgical room, but very unsanitary. There were a few other tables covered in blood and used surgical tools. In the far side of the room were body bags, filled body bags. Suddenly he dropped her down hard onto a table that alarmingly had stirrups. She grunted in pain and then immediately went to struggle, but he shoved her down then strapped her arms down with little effort like she was some kind of childish mental patient.

Starr’s eyes filled with tears “What the fuck… do you want with me?” she tried to be angry, but it came out like a mousy whisper. The odd mutant didn’t seem to acknowledge her at all. He merely sat down at a computer station and typed away. No matter how much she tried to get its attention she felt invisible and without a voice. She was helpless; it scared the hell out of her.

When she finally gave up trying to get the mutants attention a man in scrubs came in with a tray of clean medical equipment “Here you go master” he held out the tray and the mutant looked at him in disgust then in a deep, but soothing voice he simply said “explain”.

The man in scrubs walked over to her and pulled down his mask to reveal a scarred, but once handsome face. He looked down at her sadly “Master wants me to let you know he doesn’t speak to lab rats. Do not talk to him or you will be punished for now on. You may speak to me because he permits me to talk in his presence. You have to understand he is highly evolved and looks down at us as we do lesser creatures.”

Starr eyed him in confusion. She was human not some lab animals “What am I doing here?”

The man looked away “He is going to experiment on combining human and Evolver DNA. Our masters are having trouble…conceiving children. He is going to solve that problem.”

Starr felt herself go cold with fear “They call themselves Evolvers? Is he going to impregnate me…?”

The man sighed “I’m sorry” and he took a syringe out of his pocket, uncapped it, and then brought it towards Starr as she screamed for help that wasn’t coming…..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dillon thought he heard a scream for help, but it was so faint he assumed his imagination was running wild. It didn’t take him long to find out there was no way out of the room. He even checked his toilet hole and it was all cemented in with an open drain in the floor. The ceiling was also cement; this place was a perfect prison. He lay down defeated and full of self-pity. He assumed Starr was going through the same thing when the slit on the door opened.
Dillon approached it when two bloodshot eyes appeared in it startling him. An uncaring and dull man’s voice asked “Do you accept the Evolvers as our true saviors and masters of the earth?”

Dillon looked around confused “The who?”

The man sighed “The ones who are above us. Stronger, smarter, faster…the Evolvers.”

A light bulb flicked on in his head “Ah the mutan…”

“SILENCE!”
Dillon jumped at the dull voice turning extremely angry “Chill dude.”

“You will not speak ill of our masters, your masters. Be happy they let us live and be in their presence. Now do you accept them as our saviors and masters!”

“Fuck off.”

The slit slammed shut and then the lights went out. Dillon couldn’t see his hands in front of his face. He really hoped he didn’t fall into the damn hole, but he will not give into whatever their game is. This was getting ugly fast and hope of rescue was nonexistent. It was now a game of psychology. Would they break him or would he wear them out enough they have to open the door? He needed a plan, but lack of food was making him tired. Without knowing if it was day or night he decided he might as well sleep whenever he felt the need.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When dawn came Charles and Joker were geared up and ready to roll. They decided to try one of the different routes that Dillon may have taken. Charles hoped they would be arriving here without aid anyways, but scouting different areas could be helpful, maybe even find other survivors. Only Sal and Alex were awake from their group to see them off. After saying their goodbyes and good lucks the two got into their Humvee.

Charles cracked his neck “Ready?”

“Hellz yah let’s get dis bitch ass ride rollin.”

Charles sighed then drove to the wall which was opened and then took off for the unknown. They made it down the mountain with no issues and headed off in their new direction. Joker made instant coffee for the both of em then got out their homemade breakfast burritos’ “Man dawg, gonna miss da fresh grub dey had.”
Charles took a sip of coffee rolling his eyes. He found if he did something as simple as take a sip of a drink after Joker talked it gave him time to translate the nonsense “Honestly, I’m used to the crap now. Hell when my wife…when she worked late I used to heat TV dinners up all the time. My…the kids didn’t care, they loved em too. Man the wife hated it, but I was too exhausted to cook, ya know?”

Joker shrugged “Dudez I lived at the Mc Ds. Number one wid extra Mac sauce oh and a Dr Peppa. Good ole dayz, get me?”
“….yah I get ya, I think anyways”

“Huh?”

Charles smirked “Nothing. Anyways keep your eyes peeled. We’re in new territory. Never know what the hell we will come across.”

“I gotcha back jack.” Joker laughed at the phrase his Uncle used all the time. He missed the man that was his only father figure, but at least he died peacefully in his sleep a few months before shit went to hell. Charles suddenly braked and Joker looked up to see a crowd of Zeds coming down the road. Charles grabbed a machete and got out. Joker followed suit “We gun kill evry Zed we see?”

Charles walked toward them with a purpose “Yes, yes we are” he responded coldly.

Joker just shrugged “Aight your show boss….” The look on Charles face made him a little fearful of the man not to mention his steady walk like he was auditioning to be the next Jason was disconcerting. Charles came onto the first Zed and with one downward chop sliced right into its skull. He didn’t move and the Zed just collapsed down and off the blade. Charles smiled and then went berserk. Joker didn’t even move, he just watched in aww as Charles hacked and slashed his way through the crowd. Gore was flying all over the place and Charles was starting to look like he was bathing in it. Then Joker decided to jump in as Charles was finally biting on more than he could chew.

Joker charged in to watch the old man’s back while also avoiding getting cut down himself. It appears this was going to be a more dangerous job then Joker first thought. Joker wasn’t as good with a machete as Charles so he focused on dropping the Zeds to the ground then finishing them off. It was pretty effective thanks to the thick steel toed boots he had on. Even when a Zed tried biting his foot they failed miserable especially with their weakened gum line. After all the Zeds were down Charles looked happy. He took out a cigar and lit it. It was almost comical looking.

Joker shook his head “Hey dudes we gonna be like sum kinda fucked up Zombie killen comic book guys cause dats whatcha acting like now.”

“Why the hell not” Charles said arrogantly.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Fantastic! Love the update! Didn't skip a beat!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

jdavidboyd

Post by jdavidboyd » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Man, that was really good. Sad that Dillon and Starr are idiots....<sigh>

Now, please, <ahem, cough cough>

MOAR!!!!
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Great update! I'm glad the writer's block has been removed. I was also wondering why some people became the undead, and others became mutants. I'm glad that is being explored now.

fred.greek

Post by fred.greek » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Thank you for the update. Hope all is going well on the homefront.

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:16 pm

jdavidboyd wrote: Now, please, <ahem, cough cough>

MOAR!!!!
Moar, please!

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:03 pm

Has Dillon had realized he may need to play the game, to get some food and have the strength to get out of there? Yes, it's time for moar.

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:53 am

Just saw this a few days ago and read everything.
What a rush!
I keep seeing the mutants similirar to the creatures in I Am Legend. Gray and bald.
The huge one that Alex put down would be like the Tank in the Left For Dead game.
Awesome work AJ! Now I'm itching for an update!
Erik wrote:First of all, I doubt your body is a weapon and if you threatened me with your body, I'd pull out a real weapon and see which is more effective.
Bear_B wrote: I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

naanders94gt

Post by naanders94gt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:44 am

Just spent 3 days at work reading this and I am extremely disappointed to be caught up. A thoroughly engrossing storyline with complex characters and plot twists. This has been truly a joy to read. I am impressed with your writing ability Azrael. It truly sucked me in.

And now, I most assuredly need MOAR.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed May 13, 2015 1:04 am

3 months brother...... It's been 3 bloody months we've been waiting! I DEMAND an update..... please? pretty pretty please?!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Wed May 13, 2015 5:21 am

Moar, moar, MOAR!!!!!!!!! It has been way too long!

naanders94gt

Post by naanders94gt » Wed May 13, 2015 7:03 am

mariposa wrote:Moar, moar, MOAR!!!!!!!!! It has been way too long!
This perfectly echoes my feelings.

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:24 pm

Thought I'd dredge this one up, because we need MOAR!

naanders94gt

Post by naanders94gt » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:16 pm

mariposa wrote:Thought I'd dredge this one up, because we need MOAR!
I agree. I miss this story. MOAR

D_Man

Post by D_Man » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Enjoyed the read, would love a new installment.
To strive,
To seek,
To find, But not to yield.
~Tennyson

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:28 pm

All caught up and sad. :( Moar?
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Poppyclips

Post by Poppyclips » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Where, or where, has the author gone? Oh where, oh where could they be??????? :ohdear:

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:54 pm

A lot of good authors have gone missing!
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Mon May 30, 2016 8:15 am

Time to bump this again. I was really hoping the author would continue with this excellent story.

Poppyclips

Post by Poppyclips » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:39 am

Did a meteor hit this world & end everything??? :ohdear:

Return to “Fiction”