"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

benja455

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by benja455 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:11 pm

RickOShea wrote:Glenn found those sound suppressors in the mini-fridge
I thought it was a microwave?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:25 pm

benja455 wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Glenn+finds+silenc ... ini+fridge Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:00 pm

My guess is that J might have been a props dept/editing malf-up.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

benja455

Post by benja455 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:01 pm

RickOShea wrote:
benja455 wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Glenn+finds+silenc ... ini+fridge Image
:oops:

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:00 pm

This has been around for awhile and even recently posted on ZS, but every time the group runs into a heard and it disables a car/vehicle I think that by now I would be driving something like these.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-ama ... nks-2015-2

Sure, they run out of gas regularly, but if you notice they do spend quite some time driving around too. Seems they are always finding gas/vehicles.
WWSD?

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:37 pm

Well I really liked this episode. As others have pointed out, Rick has been in the wilderness for so long, metaphorically speaking, he's really struggling with the idea of trusting anybody outside of his group. That scene where he's behind the wheel when they stop in front of the gate and Michonne's urging him to let go; he looks like he's close to having a psychotic break. A very effective scene.

But seeing how this is TWD, unfortunately it means that one way or another, Rick will be proven right that Alexandria is too good to be true.

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 pm

I give it, at most, an episode and a half before Alexandria becomes horrifying in some way.

Sent via carrier wave.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

Bubba Enfield
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 Days later, Dawn'78, The Horde

Post by Bubba Enfield » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:05 am

Has anyone heard how this episode's ratings compare to the oscars? All I can find is "the oscars ratings sucked" and comparisons of the four lame networks (NBCBS/FOX).
Prioritize your health. Get out of debt. Grow food.

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:57 am

I guess Rick is losing the leadership---he "gave in" several times in this episode

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:26 am

RickOShea wrote:I wonder if there was any significance to the initial/letter "J" written on the pistol Rick hid in the blender?

Even during a ZPAW....they are still stippling Glocks

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:25 am

gundogs wrote:I guess Rick is losing the leadership---he "gave in" several times in this episode
Considering how completely beaten down and exhausted the group was, it was probably the smartest thing for him to do at the time. Of course he could have been adamant and refused to go along, which might have meant that he stood there in the barn and watched everyone else leaving. Rick relenting and agreeing to go doesn't mean that he gave up, or lost, leadership. It just means that he was willing to keep the group together and didn't want to fight with anyone who felt strongly that they should go.

Peach

Mikeyboy

Re:

Post by Mikeyboy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Towanda wrote:I give it, at most, an episode and a half before Alexandria becomes horrifying in some way.

Sent via carrier wave.
5 episodes left until the season is over. My guess would be...

Show #1 - will be about how Team Rick is having problems fitting into normal life in Alexandria, I sense some PTSD flashbacks and whatnot

Show #2 - Team Rick will start to fit in and let their hair down and finally relax. I sense Rick will finally shave his beard, and the couples in the group will finally get romantic....but at the end of this episode you will get a hint that something bad is about to happen.

Show #3 - The "bad thing" will finally reveal itself.

Show #4 - Epic Battle

Show #5 - Alexandria will fall, Team Rick will be scattered and back on the road AGAIN.

I hate to say but if it goes down this way, TWD will be stuck in a rut. Every season from the very beginning would have followed the same script. Everyone is scattered and on the road, there is a merger of people, a community is formed, everyone get relaxed, then bad crap happens, there is a battle, and at the end the gang is broken up and back on the road and trying to get back together.

benja455

Re: Re:

Post by benja455 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:45 pm

Mikeyboy wrote:
Towanda wrote:I give it, at most, an episode and a half before Alexandria becomes horrifying in some way.

Sent via carrier wave.

Show #1 - will be about how Team Rick is having problems fitting into normal life in Alexandria, I sense some PTSD flashbacks and whatnot

Show #2 - Team Rick will start to fit in and let their hair down and finally relax. I sense Rick will finally shave his beard, and the couples in the group will finally get romantic....but at the end of this episode you will get a hint that something bad is about to happen.

Show #4 - Epic Battle

Show #5 - Alexandria will fall, Team Rick will be scattered and back on the road AGAIN.

I hate to say but if it goes down this way, TWD will be stuck in a rut. Every season from the very beginning would have followed the same script. Everyone is scattered and on the road, there is a merger of people, a community is formed, everyone get relaxed, then bad crap happens, there is a battle, and at the end the gang is broken up and back on the road and trying to get back together.
You really think Alexandria will fall? I suspect it will be about defending it or perhaps even retaking it from an opposing force.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Mikeyboy wrote:
RickOShea wrote:I wonder if there was any significance to the initial/letter "J" written on the pistol Rick hid in the blender?

Even during a ZPAW....they are still stippling Glocks
Looks more like Sharpie ink than a soldering iron.....but whatever. :|

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Doctor Zed
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (remake)
28 Days Later (not strictly speaking a zombie movie)
The Walking Dead (TV)

Re: Re:

Post by Doctor Zed » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Mikeyboy wrote:

Sent via carrier wave.

Show #4 - Epic Battle

The entirety of the comic series has pretty much followed the theme that no matter what our group do, it all goes bad in the end either through their own stupidity or incredibly bad luck (or a combo of both).

Currently in the comics they have had a long period of being settled down (which all happened 'off screen') but it looks like things are about to go very bad again through a combination of asshats in their community and external factors out of their direct control.

In a realistic post-apocalypse situation, the group would be looking to establish a secure community in a 'safe' (i.e. remote) place at the earliest possible opportunity, not living some sort of random nomadic/scavenger lifestyle in a formerly heavily populated - and therefore heavily zombifed - region, as they are currently doing. But that wouldn't make for good drama unfortunately.
--
Who's laughing now, huh? Who's laughing now?

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:02 pm

gundogs wrote:I guess Rick is losing the leadership---he "gave in" several times in this episode
I guess you forget, he retracted the "Rictatorship" saying it can't be like that anymore, that he couldn't make the decisions for everyone. So while everyone still looks to him for guidance in general, when the group starts to have different ideas than him, he listens.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:19 pm

ineffableone wrote:
I guess you forget, he retracted the "Rictatorship" saying it can't be like that anymore, that he couldn't make the decisions for everyone. So while everyone still looks to him for guidance in general, when the group starts to have different ideas than him, he listens.
But then, Daryl all but begged him to be the leader again in "Infected". The whole scene in the train car at the end of "A" was Rick's transition back to supreme leader. Hell, now that Abraham no longer has his D.C. mission, all Rick had to do was say his name to get him to snap-to in "The Distance".

Its actually kind of funny. Back when he was kind of wishy-washy, most of the group followed him without question. Now that he's finally reconciled himself to having to be utterly ruthless in his decision making (having to tear out Joe's throat being his "moment of clarity").....everyone is questioning him (except maybe Carol..."Even though you were wrong, you're still right"). He's damned if he do, and damned if he don't.

ETA: You can bet your arse, if Rick doesn't like the way the leaders of the ASZ are runnin' the place.....He'll probably just take it over himself, rather than leave.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:15 pm

RickOShea wrote:
ineffableone wrote:
But then, Daryl all but begged him to be the leader again in "Infected". The whole scene in the train car at the end of "A" was Rick's transition back to supreme leader. Hell, now that Abraham no longer has his D.C. mission, all Rick had to do was say his name to get him to snap-to in "The Distance".

Its actually kind of funny. Back when he was kind of wishy-washy, most of the group followed him without question. Now that he's finally reconciled himself to having to be utterly ruthless in his decision making (having to tear out Joe's throat being his "moment of clarity").....everyone is questioning him (except maybe Carol..."Even though you were wrong, you're still right"). He's damned if he do, and damned if he don't.

ETA: You can bet your arse, if Rick doesn't like the way the leaders of the ASZ are runnin' the place.....He'll probably just take it over himself, rather than leave.
Rick wanted to kill everyone at Terminus. That was vetoed.
Rick wanted to kill at least a few people in the attempt to rescue Beth. Also vetoed.

Doesn't sound like supreme leader to me.

The way I see it Ricktatorship is gone. That doesn't mean the people stopped looking to him for leadership. It just means when they do voice other ideas he actually listens and will often times if others feel strongly enough go with their idea rather than his own.

As for Carol saying "Even though you were wrong, you're still right" points more toward how every time he has backed down to the groups wishes recently, in the end he is proven right. The Terminus people coming to the church and Beth's exchange going bad are examples. So Carol saying "Even though you were wrong, you're still right" was like her telling Rick to keep his guard up, that if his instinct was to not trust things, then he should keep that in mind.

But hey, we could pick WD apart for months but in the end it is a fun TV show we both enjoy. What you get from it might be different than what I do. Our points of view and personal history color the way we interpret things. So things are never going to always be seen the same by everyone.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:53 pm

ineffableone wrote:
RickOShea wrote: But then, Daryl all but begged him to be the leader again in "Infected". The whole scene in the train car at the end of "A" was Rick's transition back to supreme leader. Hell, now that Abraham no longer has his D.C. mission, all Rick had to do was say his name to get him to snap-to in "The Distance".

Rick wanted to kill everyone at Terminus. That was vetoed.
Rick wanted to kill at least a few people in the attempt to rescue Beth. Also vetoed.

Doesn't sound like supreme leader to me.

The way I see it Ricktatorship is gone. That doesn't mean the people stopped looking to him for leadership. It just means when they do voice other ideas he actually listens and will often times if others feel strongly enough go with their idea rather than his own.

As for Carol saying "Even though you were wrong, you're still right" points more toward how every time he has backed down to the groups wishes recently, in the end he is proven right. The Terminus people coming to the church and Beth's exchange going bad are examples. So Carol saying "Even though you were wrong, you're still right" was like her telling Rick to keep his guard up, that if his instinct was to not trust things, then he should keep that in mind.

But hey, we could pick WD apart for months but in the end it is a fun TV show we both enjoy. What you get from it might be different than what I do. Our points of view and personal history color the way we interpret things. So things are never going to always be seen the same by everyone.
I can't speak for gundogs, but that's my point. They want "Rick The Leader"....but now that he's actually worthy of the title, they go against him. They might as well vote in a new council and let Rick go back to planting peas. :?

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Paladin1 wrote:This has been around for awhile and even recently posted on ZS, but every time the group runs into a heard and it disables a car/vehicle I think that by now I would be driving something like these.

Sure, they run out of gas regularly, but if you notice they do spend quite some time driving around too. Seems they are always finding gas/vehicles.
Funny you mentioned the "up armored" trucks used by Mexican Cartels. I was sitting in traffic last night looking it one of those Semi truck without a trailer, the ones with the sleeping cabin in the back. I started thinking how perfect that would be in a ZPAW like TWD. An average person standing at street level can barely reach the windows of a semi, let alone look inside. A Semi is a beast, and will push and plow thru obstacles and zombie herd. With a little bit of security mod'ing if you need to rest you don't have to look for shelter because have a nice safe room always with you and a bed to sleep on. The average US Tractor trailer has two 150 gallon fuel tanks, get 4 to 8 MPG depending upon the load. So if your not towing any trailer and say you can average 8mpg so you can travel up to 2400 miles before needing a fill up. Best of all unlike most cars, pick up, and SUVs, not everyone knows how to drive a Semi truck.It requires special license, training, some experience to drive. There are only 1.9 million licensed truck drivers in the US, and I would round that up to 2 million potential Semi drivers in the US, just based on folks who drove large vehicles in the military, and others who could just "wing it". That is not a lot of truck drivers in the USA and a lot of Semi trucks out there just sitting around post ZPAW. Also that means if your leave your Semi somewhere, odds are its not going to get stolen. On the flip side according to DOT, 87 percent of the US population that is of "driving age" has a drivers license, 68 drivers per 1000 people in the USA or about 217 million people. That also does not discount, unlicensed people who can drive and how easy it is to teach or figure out how to drive a car vs. a Semi. Think of Carl in TWD, pre ZPAW he probably played a few driving video games, and almost every adult he knows, knows how to drive a Car. Maybe Abraham can figure out how to drive a Semi, because he drove a Deuce and a Half, and after some experience he could then teach Carl...but that is about it.

A Semi may be the ultimate TWD vehicle.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:24 pm

The 8 Most Ridiculous Things From Last Night’s ‘The Walking Dead’:

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/fc82 ... lking-dead

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:39 pm

Mikeyboy wrote:
Paladin1 wrote:This has been around for awhile and even recently posted on ZS, but every time the group runs into a heard and it disables a car/vehicle I think that by now I would be driving something like these.

Funny you mentioned the "up armored" trucks used by Mexican Cartels. I was sitting in traffic last night looking it one of those Semi truck without a trailer, the ones with the sleeping cabin in the back. I started thinking how perfect that would be in a ZPAW like TWD. An average person standing at street level can barely reach the windows of a semi, let alone look inside. A Semi is a beast, and will push and plow thru obstacles and zombie herd. With a little bit of security mod'ing if you need to rest you don't have to look for shelter because have a nice safe room always with you and a bed to sleep on. The average US Tractor trailer has two 150 gallon fuel tanks, get 4 to 8 MPG depending upon the load. So if your not towing any trailer and say you can average 8mpg so you can travel up to 2400 miles before needing a fill up. Best of all unlike most cars, pick up, and SUVs, not everyone knows how to drive a Semi truck.It requires special license, training, some experience to drive. There are only 1.9 million licensed truck drivers in the US, and I would round that up to 2 million potential Semi drivers in the US, just based on folks who drove large vehicles in the military, and others who could just "wing it". That is not a lot of truck drivers in the USA and a lot of Semi trucks out there just sitting around post ZPAW. Also that means if your leave your Semi somewhere, odds are its not going to get stolen. On the flip side according to DOT, 87 percent of the US population that is of "driving age" has a drivers license, 68 drivers per 1000 people in the USA or about 217 million people. That also does not discount, unlicensed people who can drive and how easy it is to teach or figure out how to drive a car vs. a Semi. Think of Carl in TWD, pre ZPAW he probably played a few driving video games, and almost every adult he knows, knows how to drive a Car. Maybe Abraham can figure out how to drive a Semi, because he drove a Deuce and a Half, and after some experience he could then teach Carl...but that is about it.

A Semi may be the ultimate TWD vehicle.

I would likely opt for a dump truck with snow plow if given the option

even without the snow plow though they have the benefits of a semi, being tall able to push etc, with the ability to have a semi armored back end to protect passengers with nice high walls of steel.

Of course Dump trucks don't have the sleeping cab, but I would say they make up for it with the armored space for passengers to be carried. Just don't accidentally dump the folks in the back when surrounded by walkers. Shifting is not all that difficult in a dumptruck and pretty similar to driving a Deuce and a half. Not to mention many dumptrucks now days are actually automatic transmission.

Dump trucks are pretty common and would not be overly hard to find, though in Georgia they might be hard to find with a snow plow. But in Virgina there should be some around.

Of course this is WD we are talking about. It would be pretty boring if they made all the right decisions. If they were able to get good vehicles, drive out to a safe area, set up a solid community, fortify it, and just farm and live their lives.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:33 pm

I think I'd rather have something a little lighter and more nimble. Even without a load, those big trucks are still pretty heavy. If you come up on vehicles or debris blocking the road, and the shoulder is the least little soft from rain and such, they're gonna sink like it's quick sand if you try to drive around. And if you try to push your way through the snarl, and aren't super duper careful, you could end-up cutting a sidewall or getting debris wrapped-up in the drive shaft(s).

But that's just my opinion from having a CDL for 15 years, and driving big heavy bucket trucks and digger derricks in all kinds of shitty road conditions after semi-apocalyptic hurricanes and ice storms.....feel free to disagree. :awesome:

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:51 pm

RickOShea wrote:I think I'd rather have something a little lighter. Even without a load, those big trucks are still pretty heavy. If you come up on vehicles blocking the road, and the shoulder is the least little soft from rain and such, they're gonna sink like it's quick sand if you try to drive around. And if you try to push your way through the snarl, and aren't super duper careful, you could end-up cutting a sidewall or getting debris wrapped-up in the drive shaft(s).

But that's just my opinion from having a CDL for 15 years, and driving big heavy bucket trucks and digger derricks in all kinds of shitty road conditions after semi-apocalyptic hurricanes and ice storms.....feel free to disagree. :awesome:
That is a very valid point. I have just come out of Heavy Equipment school with horrible class C soil conditions on site. I had to help stuck haul trucks more than a few times. So the point of getting a truck stuck is one that should be weighed and considered. The snow plow version I posted does have some decent front and side protection to be able to push through quite a bit with minimal risk. Though as I mentioned in Georgia they would not likely find such plow trucks and not all snow plows are that inclusive (many are just one blade on the front). So one would want to consider how much pushing other vehicles out of the way they would really do vs trying to drive around on the shoulder.

For me, I would consider the ability of a dump truck enough to get me to a safe zone with or without a snow plow. If a road were too clogged up with dead vehicles, then I would find an alternate route. But I imagine one could use such a vehicle to get out of heavily populated zones and into an area that was easier to set up a good community.

But as I mentioned previously. This is WD and it would go off the air if the drama ended and became a homesteading show. Look at how unpopular the season of Hershel's farm was. Even with all the drama of group interactions a lot of people got annoyed at them sitting still.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Return to “Zombie Training Films”