ZS Presents: How to Build Your Bug Out Bag (B.O.B.)

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

priell3
*
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: ZS Presents: How to Build Your Bug Out Bag (B.O.B.)

Post by priell3 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:58 pm

I have B.O.B at home, but carry a small bag of essentials to and from work each day. If S does HTF, I'll most likely be a good distance from home.

I carry a knife, fire, light, first aid and personal hygiene items, Ruger LCP, spare eyeglasses, paracord, a little food and a bottle of water.

I use this affordable and expandable bag from Amazon.
MikeP

EMEUTIER
*
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland
Resident Evil Series
Location: Australia

Re: ZS Presents: How to Build Your Bug Out Bag (B.O.B.)

Post by EMEUTIER » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:17 am

I know this can be considered a bit of a necro, but it is on topic so...

I was going to send a link to this topic to a friend of mine who is interested in building a BOB but unfortunately all you images are no-longer working.
I know it is due to the changes made to photobucket and I dont feel it is reasonable for me to ask you to pay the fee just to make the links work again, but is it possible that you could update the images by using another image-host?

I always found this guide to be useful and the pics did help.
To JoergSprave on YouTube, Tproa wrote: Sir, I tip my hat to you --- slowly, and without any sudden movement....
Image

Chaos454
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: ZS Presents: How to Build Your Bug Out Bag (B.O.B.)

Post by Chaos454 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 pm

First I'd like to say thanks to everyone who posted on this topic. It helped fill in the gaps, and there were a lot of things I never considered.

Second, I was going through what my wife call the "closet of doom" when she pointed out my ever growing collection of backpacks. So I reminded her there is no 12 step program for this particular addiction. So I have decided to get rid of 3 of my eberlestock bags. Two of them are brand new, and one went on a few camping/hunting trips.

I have a brand new destroyer and halftrack. I also have a used in excellent condition skycrane 2. I have the camp spike duffle and rifle scabbard for it as well.

I tend to buy backpacks on a whim, but these are just collecting dust in my closet. I didn't put a price in case it violates rules, but I dont want anything close to what I paid for them. Let me know if you are interested.

User avatar
yossarian
* * * * *
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:09 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Re: ZS Presents: How to Build Your Bug Out Bag (B.O.B.)

Post by yossarian » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Chaos454 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 pm
First I'd like to say thanks to everyone who posted on this topic. It helped fill in the gaps, and there were a lot of things I never considered.

Second, I was going through what my wife call the "closet of doom" when she pointed out my ever growing collection of backpacks. So I reminded her there is no 12 step program for this particular addiction. So I have decided to get rid of 3 of my eberlestock bags. Two of them are brand new, and one went on a few camping/hunting trips.

I have a brand new destroyer and halftrack. I also have a used in excellent condition skycrane 2. I have the camp spike duffle and rifle scabbard for it as well.

I tend to buy backpacks on a whim, but these are just collecting dust in my closet. I didn't put a price in case it violates rules, but I dont want anything close to what I paid for them. Let me know if you are interested.
Sales posts are really supposed to here viewforum.php?f=48 but Bartertown has kind of turned into ghost town since it was restricted to paying members. There was just too much drama and dirty dealings for the mods to put with.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6975
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: ZS Presents: How to Build Your Bug Out Bag (B.O.B.)

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:22 am

yossarian wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 pm
Chaos454 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 pm
First I'd like to say thanks to everyone who posted on this topic. It helped fill in the gaps, and there were a lot of things I never considered.

Second, I was going through what my wife call the "closet of doom" when she pointed out my ever growing collection of backpacks. So I reminded her there is no 12 step program for this particular addiction. So I have decided to get rid of 3 of my eberlestock bags. Two of them are brand new, and one went on a few camping/hunting trips.

I have a brand new destroyer and halftrack. I also have a used in excellent condition skycrane 2. I have the camp spike duffle and rifle scabbard for it as well.

I tend to buy backpacks on a whim, but these are just collecting dust in my closet. I didn't put a price in case it violates rules, but I dont want anything close to what I paid for them. Let me know if you are interested.
Sales posts are really supposed to here viewforum.php?f=48 but Bartertown has kind of turned into ghost town since it was restricted to paying members. There was just too much drama and dirty dealings for the mods to put with.
Well, the main reason it's currently a ghost town is because with the closing of the ZS store after the hacker attack and forum upgrade it's impossible for anyone to actually get or maintain their paid status. Life members and staff are about the only ones who can currently use the area and stay within site rules.

That being said, if it's just a casual mention and no price is stated I'm inclined to take a liberal viewpoint of the rules and say that what happens in PMs stays in PMs and you're all presumably adults who don't need your hands held.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

User avatar
yossarian
* * * * *
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:09 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Re: ZS Presents: How to Build Your Bug Out Bag (B.O.B.)

Post by yossarian » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:17 am

NT2C wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:22 am
yossarian wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 pm



Sales posts are really supposed to here viewforum.php?f=48 but Bartertown has kind of turned into ghost town since it was restricted to paying members. There was just too much drama and dirty dealings for the mods to put with.
Well, the main reason it's currently a ghost town is because with the closing of the ZS store after the hacker attack and forum upgrade it's impossible for anyone to actually get or maintain their paid status. Life members and staff are about the only ones who can currently use the area and stay within site rules.

That being said, if it's just a casual mention and no price is stated I'm inclined to take a liberal viewpoint of the rules and say that what happens in PMs stays in PMs and you're all presumably adults who don't need your hands held.
It took a serious downturn before that. I think that was the final nail in the coffin though.

Anyway, I very recently acquired a large ALICE pack with frame, straps and kidney belt. All original, no rips tears or repairs that I could find. There is some duck tape residue at the top where a foam pad was taped to the frame. Turns out it's not really my thing. If anyone knows where I could find it a forever home where it will be loved let me know.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

drop bear
* * *
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:56 am

Re: ZS Presents: How to Build Your Bug Out Bag (B.O.B.)

Post by drop bear » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:46 pm

eugene wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:15 pm
If I were to carry a hose to siphon gas I would put it in a vehicle kit not in a BOB on my back.
Tie it to the Jerry can you will have to be carrying.

drop bear
* * *
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:56 am

Re: ZS Presents: How to Build Your Bug Out Bag (B.O.B.)

Post by drop bear » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:51 pm

Something I have been playing with is large zip lock bags and the reusable nylon shopping bags for water carry.

For almost no space and weight they hold mabye 4 litres?

I filled one up and put it in the back of the ute fully expecting it lo leak or pop. Or something.

It has been there a week and is still holding water.

Post Reply

Return to “Bug Out Gear”