Ingress

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

.milFox

Ingress

Post by .milFox » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Any other players? Faction?

FWIW, I'm on the green team. It's a great way to get some area fam in. The basic concept is that it's a geolocation overlay over the real world, with 'portals' which are local artworks, historical markers, and the like. Two teams of players, 'enlightened' and 'resistance', set about claiming these portals and linking between them to create fields, going about the real world to do so.

There's a bunch of other refinements, but that's basically the gist.

Dawgboy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Fido

Re: Ingress

Post by Dawgboy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Long live the RESISTANCE!!!
shrapnel wrote:Dawgboy, please refrain from stirring shit for the sole purpose of stirring shit.
[ZS/]# .40/Pie/CERT/Wireless...
My homebrew stove kit
IMPROVED Solar Redneck Hot tub
Dawgvan
Chupa Chihuahua
GHB

.milFox

Post by .milFox » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Dawgboy wrote:Long live the RESISTANCE!!!
Lol, I take that as a yes, there are other players here.

Keith B
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

Post by Keith B » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Enlightened my ass, how dare you betray your people?

Been playing almost three weeks, will be level 6 tomorrow.
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:02 am

.milFox wrote:Any other players? Faction?

FWIW, I'm on the green team. It's a great way to get some area fam in. The basic concept is that it's a geolocation overlay over the real world, with 'portals' which are local artworks, historical markers, and the like. Two teams of players, 'enlightened' and 'resistance', set about claiming these portals and linking between them to create fields, going about the real world to do so.

Can someone please translate this into English?
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Keith B
Resident Evil 3

Post by Keith B » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:28 am

Evan the Diplomat wrote:
.milFox wrote:Any other players? Faction?

Can someone please translate this into English?
It's cake vs. pie, on a global scale.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

Keith B
Resident Evil 3

Post by Keith B » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:33 am

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_(game)
Ingress is an augmented reality massively multiplayer online role playing GPS-dependent game[4] created by Niantic Labs, a startup within Google, originally for Android devices,[5] and since July 14, 2014 for Apple's iOS.[3] The game has a complex science fiction back story with a continuous open narrative.[6][7]

The gameplay consists of establishing "portals" at places of public art, landmarks, cenotaphs, etc., and linking them to create virtual triangular fields over geographic areas. Progress in the game is measured by the number of Mind Units, i.e. people, nominally controlled by each faction (as illustrated on the Intel Map).[8][9] The necessary links between portals may range from meters to kilometers, to hundreds of kilometers in operations of considerable logistical complexity.[10] International links and fields are not uncommon, as Ingress has attracted an enthusiastic following in cities worldwide[11] amongst both young and old,[12] to the extent that the gameplay is itself a lifestyle for some, including tattoos.[2]

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ingress-tip ... -2257.html
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ingress-tip ... -2257.html

New player guide.

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

.milFox

Post by .milFox » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:09 am

So .. regardless of team, does it help you guys with area fam? It has for me.

bierbrauer

Post by bierbrauer » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Older thread, I know, but I couldn't pass by and not say "Viva La Resistance"!

Seriously an awesome game to get more familiar with your location and, when on foot, a great form of exercise! If there are enough portals in your area, it pretty much lends itself to some "inspired" interval training! Sprint to a portal, hack/attack/rest, sprint on to the next portal! Repeat for 2 hours!
Giacomo wrote: Ya right, everyone knows that's just an urban legend. Like the easter fairy, tooth bunny and Norway.
TheOrder45 wrote:um sir I'm sorry but you keep calling beer coffee and it's getting confusing. There can't be two elixirs from god so you must be speaking of beer.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”