Alabama Zombie Squad

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

gatorglockman
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Trilogy (true zombie flicks), The Walking Dead, The Crazies

Re: Alabama Zombie Squad

Post by gatorglockman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Shelby county in the house.

I am planning a bug out hike and knock out another section of the Pinhoti trail in Jan with a few buds. FYI if you have interest....but it will be an 18 mile 2 day hike. Good cardio, test of your BOB and some cold weather survival fun.

I tried to get a chapter rolling about a year and a half ago....hard to do with folks spread out, etc. Lots of folks committed until the t-date to show...then crickets and violins :crazy: I just prep with friends in the area, most are on the light to noob prepper scale which is sad.
Glock, accept no subsitutes!

SamuraiBobX26
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Dead Alive

Post by SamuraiBobX26 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Sorry for being a little alted to the game, but I am in the Huntsville Area and find it interesting at how often this topic comes up. I have only meet a handful of ZS members and only 2 were from AL.

I have tried to get a meet together several times and if anybody gets one going I will be sure to show up.
A Sword may be sharp, but a keen mind is sharper.

Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

Red LoKi
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Red LoKi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:39 am

Hi, new to the group and working to get a chapter set up in Huntsville. I have 6 people lined up and working the details as we speak. If you're interested contact me at jlensfsr5@yahoo.com

SamuraiBobX26
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Dead Alive

Post by SamuraiBobX26 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:21 am

Red LoKi wrote:Hi, new to the group and working to get a chapter set up in Huntsville. I have 6 people lined up and working the details as we speak. If you're interested contact me at jlensfsr5@yahoo.com

Red I will send you an email and if there is a group of us we can discuss getting a chapter started. I do not want to do this half-hearted as I have been tryign this for years to get an AL Chapter started and going.

RadioZombie

Post by RadioZombie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Any ZS members interested in Amateur Radio in Huntsville? I'm interested in a HSV Chapter if we can get one started!
-=73=-
RadioZombie

SamuraiBobX26

Post by SamuraiBobX26 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:53 pm

RadioZombie wrote:Any ZS members interested in Amateur Radio in Huntsville? I'm interested in a HSV Chapter if we can get one started!
Hello and welcome to ZS. I am working on my HAM in my spare time so I can get my bacis once I take the test.

It takes allot to get an AL Chapter off the ground and I have only me 2 people that were ever serious about it. Good luck and welcome to ZS.

RadioZombie

Post by RadioZombie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Hey SamuraiBobX26,

Glad to hear your studying! The Technician class practice test can be taking online http://www.qrz.com/hamtest/ Another good resource is the Huntsville Amateur Radio club. They meet every Friday at the Red Cross building. http://www.harc.net/ Now that there is no Morse code requirement, licensed hams in the US are sky-rocketing! Last I heard there were over 710,000 hams in the US. Red Loki is also a ham :-)
-=73=-
RadioZombie

SamuraiBobX26

Post by SamuraiBobX26 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:02 am

I have a few friends that do HAM and want me involved with it since I am a member of the Madison CERT association. I keep tryig to get them involved in ZS since we shoot, camp, and do other things together.

After this long, if somebody gets a gathering together I will show up and see where this goes.

darront

Post by darront » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Is there anyone in the Birmingham area? "We have a cure!" " We have answers about the outbreak!!" Sorry always wanted to say that. I am looking to see if there is a group or chapter in the birmingham alabama area thanks

Barnabus

Post by Barnabus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:58 am

darront wrote:Is there anyone in the Birmingham area? "We have a cure!" " We have answers about the outbreak!!" Sorry always wanted to say that. I am looking to see if there is a group or chapter in the birmingham alabama area thanks
I'm outside of Birmingham, Roebuck/Centerpoint area.
"If you are prepared for a shambling horde of walking corpses that are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for just about anything."

Riggz87
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Riggz87 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Tuscaloosa, AL. Looking to start or join a chapter.

Riggz87
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Riggz87 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Every member in this state is pretty far spread out, but Tuscaloosa is not that far from the Birmingham area.

BJMadden85
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of them...

Post by BJMadden85 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:03 am

Mornin'. I have been a member for a while now and have tried starting a FL panhandle/Bama chapter since '012. There are members in the panhandle but the whole 2 people who responded do not want to commit to being officers. I don't care about being an officer or not or starting my 'own' chapter, I just want to make it to some meet ups. For me it's either Jacksonville or the Tampa/Miami area to meet up, and I live in Pensacola so there's no way I can make any meet ups. If it helps at all I am not any sorta Florida fan: Gator, Noles, whatever; I am a tiger-as in Mizzou...
Brandon J. Madden, Esq.
ZS member
ZSC:017

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. -Mark Twain

Riggz87
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Riggz87 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 am

Alabama area is pretty derelict when it comes to warranting a chapter. Sorry to hear your having the same trouble

Riggz87
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Riggz87 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Is there anybody still trying for a chapter

SamuraiBobX26

Post by SamuraiBobX26 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:09 am

Riggz87 wrote:Is there anybody still trying for a chapter
I would like to have one, but it seems like everyone is pretty spread out and the TN chapter folded from what the chapter websight stated. I don't want to get one started to see it fold.

Flying Lead
Location: Alabama-Land of low taxes, lots of guns and more meth labs than you can count!

Post by Flying Lead » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:39 pm

Seems there are only one or two in a large county and none in smaller counties. Spread out with such low numbers will be hard to get together. If we has say a weekend bugout in Birmingham or a surrounding city, people from less than two hours away will come. I wouldn't drive from Dothan or Mobile for that. And the same thing goes for South Alabama. Nobody is coming from Red Bay for a meeting in Opp. Seems like a regional chapter would get more traction.
The optimist learns English, a pessimist - Chinese, realist exploring a Kalashnikov rifle.-russian survival website
1911nufsaid wrote:I'm not implying you, or anyone on the forum for that matter, is a 'end of world' nut job.
Woods Walker wrote:If their shit was any tighter the carbon within would be turned to diamonds.
Put me down for M14, XD45 and Pie

Supervisor42

Post by Supervisor42 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Flying Lead wrote:Seems there are only one or two in a large county and none in smaller counties. Spread out with such low numbers will be hard to get together. If we has say a weekend bugout in Birmingham or a surrounding city, people from less than two hours away will come. I wouldn't drive from Dothan or Mobile for that. And the same thing goes for South Alabama. Nobody is coming from Red Bay for a meeting in Opp. Seems like a regional chapter would get more traction.
There are plenty of Zombie Hunters in Alabama.
They just ain't big on meetings and officers.
Read the t-shirt.
But they will show up for a hunt :D.
And this ain't paintball or airsoft :lol:.
Embrace the next generation, give them a gun and teach them to shoot. They are our future.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:55 pm

jacktyone wrote:I know of at least 15 people that would jump at the chance to start a chapter here in Florence.
Interesting. If you can get ten of them to register and post in this thread I'm interested.
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

SamuraiBobX26

Post by SamuraiBobX26 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Stercutus wrote:
jacktyone wrote:I know of at least 15 people that would jump at the chance to start a chapter here in Florence.
Interesting. If you can get ten of them to register and post in this thread I'm interested.

I have the same opinion. Get more on here and we can get something going.

Return to “Meeting room”