Thank you for 'No Politics'.

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: Thank you for 'No Politics'.

Post by NT2C » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Maverick299 wrote:Just remember that we are all on the same team here, because...........

Are we entirely certain about this? Because, it would explain some things... nope, not gonna go there. :crazy:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

Finch

Post by Finch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm

I agree .... the OP seems very anti one specific group.

One of the reasons i don't post here much anymore is i don't like how the no politics rule is enforced. Over the past couple years its gone from "just don't ague politics" to several threads locked because some found the topic to offend their political views. The threads i can think of in recent memory were brought down by what i can only assume is some sort of pacifism as they referred to self defense and firearms.

And no i don't have them bookmarked.
Browning 35 wrote:
collisionsurfer wrote:Nice try, but no.

Racism, homophobia, and threats of hell and violence aren't 'a list of politics (I) disagree with': they are all subjects prohibited from ZS. Anyway, there isn't a political party standing on a platform of all that, is there?

Neo-nazism, possibly, though... maybe I should have left that one out, although I would have thought it tricky to post much neo-nazi stuff without more than a bit of the prohibited racism, homophobia, or threats of hell/violence, eh?

A discussion of censorship on an internet forum? No, that's not politics either. That's more about, er... censorship on an internet forum.
Starting out your post with a laundry list of specific political and religious ideas that you don't agree with is talking about politics, it's not even thinly disguised. It's straight out talking about it. Feel free to disagree, I'm not really all that worried if you agree or what, but that's exactly what it is. Don't try to hide behind 'Oh, it's a discussion on censorship'.

That's just lame.

If ZS is going to avoid talking about politics and religion then it should be applied across the board.
NRA XTC High Master
CMP Distinguished Rifleman

my blog: GarandThumb.com

Sins

Post by Sins » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Oh shit this thread took a turn down stinksville road....damn.

Finch

Post by Finch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Sins wrote:Oh shit this thread took a turn down stinksville road....damn.
I call it like i see it. I obey the rule i just don't like the way its applied.
NRA XTC High Master

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Yeah, I was sort of seeing it as a communal pat on the back until some folks started shitting all over it. Talking about what isn't allowed itself reveals political bias? Imperfect enforcement of the forum rules somehow disqualifies the organization from even trying to acheive the basic goal?

Com'on people. We're guests in this establishment. It's not perfect but it's a pretty damn nice place.

And if we don't like the way it's run, there's always the GD forum at AFRCOM to remind us of what the alternative looks like.
Last edited by majorhavoc on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sins

Post by Sins » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Wonder how long before they lock this ?
Last edited by Sins on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vicarious_Lee
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Finch wrote:
I call it like i see it. I obey the rule i just don't like the way its applied.
They've gotten a lot better about it (especially their decreeased tolerance of religion-bashing), and they let shit slide from both sides pretty evenly. At some point, you either tolerate the mere existence of people of an opposite political stripe (and/or abhorrnet views) on the same forum you're on or you don't. ZS turns the noise down, but you know who's who on here. That's just life.

As far as Browning 35s criticisms, I guess that technically, and in some extremes, one person's "hate" is another person's "politics". If the things that ZS calls hate are what you call political viewpoints, then this ain't the forum for you and that's that (and you know I like you, Browning).
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

Finch

Post by Finch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:53 pm

majorhavoc wrote:

Yeah, I was sort of seeing it as a communal pat on the back until some folks started shitting all over it. Talking about what isn't allowed itself reveals political bias? Imperfect enforcement of the forum rules somehow disqualifies the organization from even trying to acheive the basic goal?

Com'on people. We're guests in this establishment. It's not perfect but it's a pretty damn nice place.

And if we don't like the way it's run, there's always the GD forum at AFRCOM to remind us of what the alternative looks like.
seriously, if you are going to insult me at least be direct
NRA XTC High Master

Sins

Post by Sins » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Finch wrote:
majorhavoc wrote:

seriously, if you are going to insult me at least be direct
I don't think it was directed at you Finch.
For what it's worth I wish we could discuss politics. Unfortunately there is no commonalities in politics between everyone here. Truth be told if you told me you vote xxxxx and support xxxxx, and I vote yyyyyy and support yyyyy. I might think less of you. I shouldn't, but I would. I think the purpose of the no politics rule is to keep mutual respect amongst all the members. It's a hard pill for me to swallow sometimes, but the Internet is full of places for me to get on my soap box about politics.

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Seriously? Of all the threads on all the forums on all the Internet, you had to shit this one up?

I am disappoint.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Dear Finch,

Kindly calm yo' tits. If you have no constructive points to make (ie, the kind that involve links to threads that you feel were unfairly locked, with explanations of what you felt was unfair about them, and which are not generalized, unsupported accusations of bias), then perhaps you should refrain from feeling specifically singled out in a thread where the OP literally paraphrased the forum rules.

Love,
Shrapnel
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

Return to “Ask ZS”