[NET] ZSARC Meeting Sunday 10/14/12 7:00 EST

Discussion forum for the ZS Amateur Radio Club

Moderator: ZS Board of Directors

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

[NET] ZSARC Meeting Sunday 10/14/12 7:00 EST

Post by NoAm » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:19 pm

I have been called to a surprise party for our friend turning 50 tomorrow evening.

Is there anyone that would like to run the net?
Otherwise, we can reschedule it to the 28th.
Last edited by NoAm on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: [NET UNKNOWN] ZSARC Meeting Sunday 10/14/12 7:00 EST

Post by NT2C » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:22 pm

NoAm wrote:I have been called to a surprise party for our friend turning 50 tomorrow evening.

Is there anyone that would like to run the net?
Otherwise, we can reschedule it to the 28th.
Got a smartphone?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nk.android

:mrgreen:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks. good idea.
Alas, I only have a stupid phone :(
ZSC025 President
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:00 pm

NoAm wrote:Thanks. good idea.
Alas, I only have a stupid phone :(
Well... I suppose I could check in and kinda keep a ZS presence there for an hour or so. Provided I remember (alarm set on the phone to remind me), and provided you don't mind it being a sort of radio based ZS Chat Thread.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks so much KJ! I can take off, with a peace of mind now.

{{E-Hug!}}
ZSC025 President

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 am

Okay, ZSARC Chat Net will be on Echolink *UNODE* starting at 1900 EDT (2300 UTC) and the topic will be whatever anyone wants to talk about. It's the radio version of Chat Thread tonight, so bring your sheep. :mrgreen:
Last edited by NT2C on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Sorry NoAm, something has come up and I'll be unable to make the net.

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:37 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:Sorry NoAm, something has come up and I'll be unable to make the net.
Thanks for trying though KJ! I truly appreciate it.

I was getting on to announce I could make it. My friend called and the party has be to rescheduled, she has 4 kids with either strep or flu. I am SO not going anywhere NEAR their house! :lol:

I will be able to take it tonight after all. Thanks Again!
ZSC025 President

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Re: [NET] ZSARC Meeting Sunday 10/14/12 7:00 EST

Post by NoAm » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:06 pm

We had 3 check-ins this evening
Chr15 from ZS
Guest check-in from Australia
NoAm

We talked about the importance of preparedness, what everyday things we might prepare for, vehicle bags/GHB's.
It was a nice, casual NET.

Our next NET meeting will be Sunday 10/28/12 7:00 PM EST.
ZSC025 President

chr15

Post by chr15 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Had a good time listening. My apologies for not being more active during the net, dinner was kickin my ass, but it was good. I'm pretty disapointed not more people showed up, who doesn't want to sit around talking about Zombies, supplys, radios and guns? :words: I'll order a pizza next time and throw down my two cents. :wink:
US Army Infantry 06-12
ZSARC - K∅C**Tech Level General :) 6Apr13

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Not a problem at all Chr15! I enjoyed what time we were able to speak together.
I also was really pleased with the conversation we had with our Australian visitor. Even though he doesn't consider himself to be prepared, he certainly did several things we suggest and liked the ideas we had for him. :D

I look forward to speaking to everyone on the 28th. :wink:
I like the sound of pizza too! :clap:
ZSC025 President

ethanboris

Post by ethanboris » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:35 am

i'll get on to one of these nets..........someday

but i think your sunday night is my monday morning (can't really be bothered to check timezones in my sleep deprived state) so i would be in the middle of a concrete pour....damn
shrapnel wrote:I'm still angry that the 'exploding anthrax cannibal hippos' thread wasn't in DICE. If that shit wasn't a disaster, I don't know what is.
Meat N' Taters wrote:The first boomerangs were made out of Gooch's toenail clippings.

Return to “Zombie Squad Radio Club”