Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Hanzo
* * *
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: NW Michigan

Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Hanzo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:16 pm

On my girlfriends way home from work last night someone coming in the other lane kept there brights on and she veered off the road and flipped down a bank off the side of the road. The tracks ended 25' from where the Cruiser landed. Cops seem to think she flipped it that distance then landed and rolled back to the wheels. She was perfect and walked to a house to call me.

Image

Image
-Okonkwo stood looking at the dead man. He knew that Umuofia would not go to war. He knew because they had let the other messengers escape. They had broken into tumult instead of action. He discerned fright in that tumult. He heard voices asking: 'Why did he do it?'
Chinua Achebe

88sport
* * *
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:33 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland and 28 Days/Weeks Later
Location: Georgia

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by 88sport » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:00 am

holy damn. It's amazing that she was able to get out and walk away without harm. i expect the cruiser nerds to bang their chests about this, but it's only right for them to.
landser wrote:I can practicly hide my self in a contractor bag. fill it full of boughs and leaves you have a bed were it as a poncho. store a dead body in it. put all your gear out of the weather. combine two one with hole and you have a shelters fill it with news paper and you have an insulated shelter. carry water with it.
only here...

User avatar
RolandTHTG
*
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by RolandTHTG » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:05 am

88sport wrote: i expect the cruiser nerds to bang their chests about this, but it's only right for them to.
He he, as another 'cruiser nerd', I'll have to say; Yep!

(Though mine is an older series, hopefully I'd walk away from something similar.)

User avatar
thebigstick
* * *
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am
Location: LA in the republic of Kalifornia

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by thebigstick » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:39 am

I just bought one of these fine for wheel drive tanks about two weeks ago. and i'm so happy that some one was able to walk away from some thing like this. go cruisers.
Visit the new Southern California Zombie Squad chapter ZS:44
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=134

pickledog
*
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by pickledog » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:48 am

Put a set of KC Daylighters on top of your next cruiser. When you fire back with those it makes assholes think about what they are doing.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 12210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:34 am

pickledog wrote:Put a set of KC Daylighters on top of your next cruiser. When you fire back with those it makes assholes think about what they are doing.
Dangerous, and illegal. Stupid too, if they end up slamming into you head-on.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

LowKey
* * * * *
Posts: 4648
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:32 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)
Location: In the Middle East, for my sins.

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by LowKey » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:49 am

Shield your eyes, slow down, and track the edge of the road without looking into their lights.



And just in case not everyone knows this; if you're going to go off the road DO NOT LOOK AT THE PHONE POLE/TREE THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO MISS. You tend to steer into what you're looking at, so don't look at the obstacles.....look at where you want to go.
Second pointer, if you do have to hit something in order to minimize the amount of damage (in order of preference):
1- hit something moving in the same direction/speed as you
2- Hit something stationary but yielding.
3- Hit something stationary but less yielding (still try to avoid bridge abutments and the like, bad mojo).
4- Last and least preferred (all other things being equal) is hitting something moving towards you. This is also very bad mojo.

Just try to reduce the energy of the impact. If you're doing 50mph and you sideswipe another vehicle doing 40mph traveling in the same direction it's a 10mph impact (then you just have to try to maintain control).
You at 50mph hitting a stationary object is a 50mph collision.
You at 50mph hitting an oncoming vehicle traveling at 40mph is a 90mph impact.
Simple math, but I'm always surprised by people who don't seem to understand this.

Oh, and those suicidal deer? Keep going straight and slow down without locking the brakes. Swerving to avoid hitting the deer often causes far more heartache then wrecking the front end of your car, not to mention that the deer may jump right back in front of you when you swerve. And tell the truth to the LEO and your insurance company...the deer hit you, you didn't hit the deer.
Last edited by LowKey on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Hanzo
* * *
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: NW Michigan

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Hanzo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 am

Shield your eyes, slow down, and track the edge of the road without looking into their lights.
This is what she was trying to do. But we don't have much of a shoulder on some of the back roads around here and she caught some snow and got "sucked" in. She from Ecuador and this is only her second winter driving (the first winter I did most the driving anyways).

One other thing I learned that I would like to mention. Keep your cell phone in your pocket and not in the cup holder, dash, center console, etc. When you get in a crash and it goes flying out the smashed window it really does you no good. Thats why she had to walk a couple miles to a house to call me...thank god she could walk. KEEP PHONES IN YOUR POCKET!
i expect the cruiser nerds to bang their chests about this, but it's only right for them to.
DAMN STRAIGHT :D .....At least I still have the 83 Cruiser....and the one that crashed had full coverage on it so she'll be rolling a new Cruiser soon. (or maybe i'll get a classic G Wagon :mrgreen: )
-Okonkwo stood looking at the dead man. He knew that Umuofia would not go to war. He knew because they had let the other messengers escape. They had broken into tumult instead of action. He discerned fright in that tumult. He heard voices asking: 'Why did he do it?'
Chinua Achebe

User avatar
offcamber
* * * * *
Posts: 1964
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: West By God Virginia

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by offcamber » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:06 am

Hanzo wrote: KEEP PHONES IN YOUR POCKET!
This.. I rolled my CJ5 a while back in the snow. Tore the soft top completely off, and everything ejected in a 20ft radius including my phone.

I was also ejected with my phone..

Since everyone else is offering tips, mine is WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!

Glad she was OK, cars can be replaced, people not-so-much.

User avatar
Hanzo
* * *
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: NW Michigan

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Hanzo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:16 am

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!
QFT
-Okonkwo stood looking at the dead man. He knew that Umuofia would not go to war. He knew because they had let the other messengers escape. They had broken into tumult instead of action. He discerned fright in that tumult. He heard voices asking: 'Why did he do it?'
Chinua Achebe

User avatar
Big and Daft
* * *
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:36 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Big and Daft » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:48 am

Glad your girlfriend is unharmed.

Also, I'm just curious as to how drivable, if at all, the Land Cruiser was or would be after the crash?

pickledog
*
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by pickledog » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:19 am

Doc Torr wrote:
pickledog wrote:Put a set of KC Daylighters on top of your next cruiser. When you fire back with those it makes assholes think about what they are doing.
Dangerous, and illegal. Stupid too, if they end up slamming into you head-on.

Sorry, I should have said flash those KCs. It`s not like driving around with your brights on is intelligent,legal and full of safety anyhow.

User avatar
DarkandShiny
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:55 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: I'm pretty pedestrian:
Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead etc.
Location: Western Suburbia

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by DarkandShiny » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Landcruisers are awesome! I test drove a 100 series landcruiser yesterday and fell in love. Unfortunately the prices are also 'awesome' 2007 with 43k miles was $53,000. I can't afford something like that right now.
Also I don't want to derail the thread but this...
You at 50mph hitting a stationary object is a 50mph collision.
You at 50mph hitting an oncoming vehicle traveling at 40mph is a 90mph impact.
Simple math, but I'm always surprised by people who don't seem to understand this.
If a vehicle traveling at 50 MPH hits an identical vehicle with identical mass traveling in the opposite direction (head on colision) the result isn't the equivalent of "a 100 MPH impact". For a rudimentary explanation please see here http://mythbustersresults.com/mythssion-control

LowKey
* * * * *
Posts: 4648
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:32 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)
Location: In the Middle East, for my sins.

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by LowKey » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:29 pm

DarkandShiny wrote:Landcruisers are awesome! I test drove a 100 series landcruiser yesterday and fell in love. Unfortunately the prices are also 'awesome' 2007 with 43k miles was $53,000. I can't afford something like that right now.
Also I don't want to derail the thread but this...
You at 50mph hitting a stationary object is a 50mph collision.
You at 50mph hitting an oncoming vehicle traveling at 40mph is a 90mph impact.
Simple math, but I'm always surprised by people who don't seem to understand this.
If a vehicle traveling at 50 MPH hits an identical vehicle with identical mass traveling in the opposite direction (head on colision) the result isn't the equivalent of "a 100 MPH impact". For a rudimentary explanation please see here http://mythbustersresults.com/mythssion-control
They ran a car at 100mph into a solid wall and compared that to two cars each doing 50mph in a head on collision. Apples and oranges, the wall doesn't have a crumple zone. Even so, they calculated the damage as equivalent to a 71mph collision with the wall....and the wall doesn't have a crumple zone.
Now get back inside the car and strap on the seat belt.
When you hit the other car head on, are you going to be dealing with the force of a 50mph collision through the seat belt, or closer to 100mph minus the deceleration/energy absorbed by the crumple zones.
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
WESBC
* *
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:26 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by WESBC » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Damn! Such a nice color too.

I have red 80 on my driveway that still runs like a champ. Too bad aftermarket parts for it are still expensive.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 12210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:24 pm

pickledog wrote:
Doc Torr wrote:
pickledog wrote:Put a set of KC Daylighters on top of your next cruiser. When you fire back with those it makes assholes think about what they are doing.
Dangerous, and illegal. Stupid too, if they end up slamming into you head-on.

Sorry, I should have said flash those KCs. It`s not like driving around with your brights on is intelligent,legal and full of safety anyhow.
The point was that intentionally blinding another drier is dumb, and illegal. And childish. Illegal via "Reckless endangerment" among others.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

User avatar
Hanzo
* * *
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: NW Michigan

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Hanzo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Also, I'm just curious as to how drivable, if at all, the Land Cruiser was or would be after the crash?
I was going to drive it home but the cop wasn't having it. It started and I would bet my left nut and my girlfriends 6 middle toes that I could have driven it out of the ditch and the 3 miles home. Was gonna try driving it at the tow yard but it was leaking coolant pretty bad and it was really low so I didn't want to try it. I have a couple friends that are interested in buying it back and caging it for a trail rig...we will see how much the buy back is from the insurance company.
Sorry, I should have said flash those KCs.
Yeah don't do that, it causes accidents :wink: . No matter how pissed I am that the other guy just drove off and left my girl to fend for herself, I would never wish that they had crashed too. But if I ever meet the (insert slur of choice here) a stern kick to the baby makin' parts will be in order.
-Okonkwo stood looking at the dead man. He knew that Umuofia would not go to war. He knew because they had let the other messengers escape. They had broken into tumult instead of action. He discerned fright in that tumult. He heard voices asking: 'Why did he do it?'
Chinua Achebe

pickledog
*
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by pickledog » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Doc Torr wrote:
pickledog wrote:
Doc Torr wrote:
pickledog wrote:Put a set of KC Daylighters on top of your next cruiser. When you fire back with those it makes assholes think about what they are doing.
Dangerous, and illegal. Stupid too, if they end up slamming into you head-on.

Sorry, I should have said flash those KCs. It`s not like driving around with your brights on is intelligent,legal and full of safety anyhow.
The point was that intentionally blinding another drier is dumb, and illegal. And childish. Illegal via "Reckless endangerment" among others.
I got your point. My "childish" point is that driving around with your head in your ass, not paying attention to what you are doing and blinding someone with your bright lights is also reckless endangerment. My apoligies to the OP for posting a quip in his thread.

User avatar
Paladin1
* * * * *
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Paladin1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Glad she was OK!

Another thumbs up from me on Land Cruisers.
WWSD?

User avatar
Hanzo
* * *
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: NW Michigan

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Hanzo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:33 pm

So the insurance companies trying to give me about $4,500 less then its worth anyone have any experience with that on here? Any suggestions would be helpful.
-Okonkwo stood looking at the dead man. He knew that Umuofia would not go to war. He knew because they had let the other messengers escape. They had broken into tumult instead of action. He discerned fright in that tumult. He heard voices asking: 'Why did he do it?'
Chinua Achebe

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 12210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:37 pm

Check your policy. The worth you are describing, I assume, is full replacement value. Does that include aftermarket parts? Were aftermarket parts included in the insurance policy? Does the policy say full replacement of the vehicle, or cash value?
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

User avatar
Hanzo
* * *
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: NW Michigan

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Hanzo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Coverage & Premium Information

1997 Toyota
BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $219.00
BI $20,000 EACH PERSON - $40,000 EACH ACCIDENT
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $25,000 EACH ACCIDENT

PPI $1,000,000 NO DEDUCTIBLE $9.00
COMPREHENSIVE ACV LESS $500 DEDUCTIBLE $154.00

BROADFORM COLLISION ACV $124.00
LESS $500 DEDUCTIBLE

UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED MOTORIST $6.00
$20,000 EACH PERSON - $40,000 EACH ACCIDENT

PERSONAL PROTECTION INSURANCE(PIP) - $0 DEDUCTIBLE $297.00
PRIMARY MEDICAL/PRIMARY WORK LOSS

LIMITED PROPERTY DAMAGE - $500 $3.00
Premium by Vehicle $812.00
Thats what my Cruiser had for coverage
INSURING AGREEMENT - LIMITED COLLISION COVERAGE

If you pay the premium for this coverage, we will pay for sudden, direct, and accidental
loss to a:
1 . covered auto, including an attached trailer; or
2 . non-owned auto;
and its custom parts or equipment, resulting from collision, if the operator of the
covered auto or non-owned auto is not substantially at-fault in the accident from
which the loss arose .
Determination of whether the operator of the covered auto or non-owned auto is
substantially at-fault, and the amount of the loss, will be made by agreement between
you and us . We may require you to provide reasonable proof that the operator of the
covered auto or non-owned auto was not substantially at-fault for the accident . If
no agreement is reached as to whether an operator was substantially at-fault, the
decision will be determined by arbitration in accordance with the Collision Arbitration
provision specified in this Part IV .
In addition, we will pay the reasonable cost to replace any child safety seat damaged
in an accident to which this coverage applies .

INSURING AGREEMENT - COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE

If you pay the premium for this coverage, we will pay for sudden, direct, and ac-
cidental loss to a:
1 . covered auto, including an attached trailer; or
2 . non-owned auto;
and its custom parts or equipment, that is not caused by collision .

INSURING AGREEMENT - ADDITIONAL CUSTOM PARTS OR EQUIPMENT
COVERAGE

We will pay for sudden, direct, and accidental loss to custom parts or equipment
on a covered auto for which this coverage has been purchased . This coverage
applies only if you have purchased both Comprehensive Coverage and Collision
Coverage for that covered auto and the loss is covered under one of those cov-
erages . This coverage applies in addition to any coverage automatically provided
for custom parts or equipment under Comprehensive Coverage or Collision
Coverage .
Thats what my policy contract say. What say you?
-Okonkwo stood looking at the dead man. He knew that Umuofia would not go to war. He knew because they had let the other messengers escape. They had broken into tumult instead of action. He discerned fright in that tumult. He heard voices asking: 'Why did he do it?'
Chinua Achebe

User avatar
Hanzo
* * *
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: NW Michigan

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Hanzo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Broadform Collision Coverage

Broadform works like standard collision coverage, but also pays for collision damage to your insured auto regardless of who is at fault.
Although the coverage will pay up to the car's actual cash value regardless of fault in an accident, you will be responsible for the deductible amount you select if you are found to be more than 50 percent responsible for the accident. If you are less than 50 percent responsible, you will not have to pay this deductible.

This coverage is available only in the state of Michigan.
Thats the what Broadform collision coverage means....its what I had on the Cruiser. So I guess actually Cash Value is what they are supposed to pay me.
-Okonkwo stood looking at the dead man. He knew that Umuofia would not go to war. He knew because they had let the other messengers escape. They had broken into tumult instead of action. He discerned fright in that tumult. He heard voices asking: 'Why did he do it?'
Chinua Achebe

User avatar
Paladin1
* * * * *
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Re: Hanzos 1,000,000 reason to buy a Land Cruiser!

Post by Paladin1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:03 pm

The key may be to establish "actual cash value". In other words I would do an extensive online search of Kelly, Edmund's, NADA, and dealer/private owner ads. Compile the list, crunch the numbers and then talk to your agent from a position of strength.
WWSD?

Post Reply

Return to “Transportation”