Show and Tell thread, Longarm edition

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

SoCalShook

Re: Show and Tell thread, Longarm edition

Post by SoCalShook » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:22 pm

My two favorites

Benelli M4

S&W M&P 15/22 MOE

IRackNBack

Post by IRackNBack » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Nice guns! I'll play:

Top Left: LMT Defender 2000 upper and lower. Extended charging handle, BAD lever, steel reinforced grip pod, magpul BUIS, taclight on pressure switch, 6 position stock. This is my purely run & gun light as possible AR. Also has a cool muzzle break/flash hider that is really sharp I'm guessing for poking people with, I dunno. Just got this a couple days ago. I did everything but the muzzle break and the aftermarket pistol grip. Fun rifle but only had the chance to put 1 mag through it so far to make sure it works.

Top Center: Keltec RFB .308 semi automatic bullpup. All stock besides the Leupold 1.5-5x scope and ADS quick release single piece mount

Top right : Ruger 10/22 w/ Butler Creek folding stock

Going down the center: Keltec Sub2k Glock 9mm variant, Keltec SU16c w/ 1.5-4.5x scope, Aero Precision/YHM AR15 w/ woven carbon fiber free float handguard and 20 inch stainless barrel, bone stock DPMS AR15, Chinese SKS w/ 30 rd mags and bayonet, 2nd SKS of unknown origin, Ruger 10/22 "tactical", Remington 870 pistol grip shotgun.

Pistols on left: Glock 21sf Gen3 w/ Kriss mag, Glock 30sf Gen3 w/ Kriss mag, Glock 34 Gen3 OD with custom duracoated slide by "Tactical Assault" and 33rd OEM mag, Glock 19 Gen4 w/ 33rd OEM mag, and lastly a keltec PLR22.

Thanks for looking!

utah2bc

Post by utah2bc » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:23 pm

New here, but here is my zday themed picture I took for Halloween.

Benelli Supernova Tactical:
Mesa side saddle/rail
Nordic +2 extension

Glock 26:
33 round mag

Dpms AR:
EoTech
K-15
Surefire M900v

Rock River AR Pistol

oldsoldier
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead got it rolling for me, although, classics like White Zombie are fun to watch as well

Post by oldsoldier » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Wow, just realized I never posted mine!!! Here they are (poor pics, sorry!!!):

This is my M4gery & my Mossberg 500
The Ar platform is a Bushmaster lower, frankenstein upper, MOE stock & forend, Magpul rear BUIS, MOE grip, Magpul MS2 sling with mount, BCM charging handle, an ambi mag release, an AWS compensator on the front end, and, until recently, an ambi selector switch. The lever on the right side came off-its set in there with a set screw, which I didnt loctite, and forgot about. Then, I noticed it was missing. So....gotta order one again :(. Mossberg has a sidesaddle, speedfeed stock, and a heatshield, for cool points.

This is my Savage 110L, my lefty model in .308. Forgot what kind of scope is on it, but it shoots lasers out to 300 yds:

My M&P 9MM, with night sights, and an apex trigger kit:

My Charter Arms M7:

Last up, my M&P 15/22, which I use as a training rifle:
I have an MOE pistol grip and vert grip on this, as well as a red dot sight on it, to mimic it as close as I can to my M4gery. Some things I cannot put on there; ambi mag release, and the ambi selector lever. But, its close enough.

EDIT: These pics are tiny-no idea how to enlarge them, sorry!!!
Feel free to check out our ZS chapter 022 FB page as well. This can be found here

Cobalt-60

Post by Cobalt-60 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 pm

bumblingbear wrote:
brothaman wrote:
Cobalt-60 wrote: I would love to! I made it a dedicated 5.45 AR so I could shoot all of the corrosive ammo I wanted out of the lower and not have to worry about possibly ruining all of the fun for my other upper.

Specs:

Spikes Tactical Mid Length 5.45 Upper, here is the description off of AIM:
Spikes Tactical 5.45x39 Upper, 16" midlength, complete corrosion Resistant Mid-Length 5.45x39 upper, comes with Wolfe XP hammer spring, and ST-T2 buffer. Lothar Walther barrel, Melonite finish inside and out with Nickel Boron M4 barrel extension. Melonite coated F-marked FSB, Melonite coated gas tube (stainless roll pin), and Melonite coated flash hider (indexed with stainless shims). Nickel Boron BCG.
Surplus Arms Milspec Lower
Spikes Tactical nickel boron battle trigger group
I kick hippies sling mount baseplate
CMMG lower parts kit
Magpul MOE pistol grip
UTG PRO stock set (i am actually very impressed with this piece)
Magpul MBUS rear sight
Magpul BAD
Primary Arms Micro

The performance is amazing, honestly its tied for my favorite firearm i currently own. Here is an amazing review (4 parts) from Vuurwapen blog

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4rS7LWWLAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuhP5qRY ... ure=relmfu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edPfpST ... ure=relmfu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPycNBA8caw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as mags, you can just use the USGI steel mags (green followers) and load 28 rounds in them, or you can order 5.45 AR mags. I just ordered two 5.45 AR-Stoner mags from midway (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=250661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and they function flawlessly.

I was blown away by this AR, now i am a fan boy.
I just started researching 5.45x39 for my next AR build. The cost savings on ammo is tremendous. It good to hear from some who likes the performance, too. I didn't think there would be any issue, but you know,...
On the mags,. I'm guessing since you aren't having problems with USGI mags then my magpuls should work just fine then.

Yea,.. i'm definitely going to build a 5.45 AR!
Double think it.

I too was under the impression that 5.45 ammo is super cheap compared to 5.56... but that is not exactly true.

http://www.ammoengine.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a great resource.

The cheapest 5.56 rounds on the market are about .20 cents a round.

The cheapest 5.45 ammo on the market is about .13 cents a round. However, that's the corrosive stuff out of a tin.
The average price for 5.45 ammo is around .22 cents a round just like the 5.56.

I thought about getting a conversion for my rifle to allow it to fire 5.45 ammo... but it would cost 500 dollars.

It makes a lot more sense financially to just spend that 500 on more 5.56 ammo. :mrgreen:
Havent been on in a while, but I saw this and felt the need to say something.

You dont buy a 5.45 upper to shoot the non corrosive expensive stuff.. thats like buying a regular 5.56 upper and only shooting hornady match. It doesn't make any sense and it for sure isnt economical. If you buy a 5.45 upper you should be shooting the surplus 5.45 ammo. Corrosive ammo is nothing to be afraid of, just use a little windex when you clean and you should be fine. People have shot thousands of rounds of corrosive ammo through the spikes upper and havent cleaned it, with no rust in sight (Although I dont recommend this. I would clean after shooting like you probably already do). I have shot 2 tins to date and you could do a full inspection on my 2 guns and find no rust.

The 5.45 upper is a good investment, in fact its my second favorite gun right now (second only to the AK74 :wink: ) They are cheap to shoot and because of that they get the most trigger time.

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Cobalt-60 wrote:Corrosive ammo is nothing to be afraid of, just use a little windex when you clean and you should be fine.
This is a common misconception. You don't need windex to neutralize corrosive salts. My AK 74 has had thousands of rounds through it and I have never used windex. I have forgotten to clean it before for a week :gonk: and because the barrel was chrome lined, it was fine. Dirty, but no rust. Parts of the receiver, gas block/tube and muzzle brake had a light coat of surface rust, but it came off easily with weapon wipes. Pic thread; Image
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

dancenbear
BANNED

Post by dancenbear » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Last edited by dancenbear on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

dancenbear
BANNED

Post by dancenbear » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:08 am

Last edited by dancenbear on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dasho101
Favorite Zombie Movies: Range 15

Post by Dasho101 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:06 pm

Image L1A1
Image Carcano and Co.
Image Arisaka and Co.
Image PSL and Co.
Image One family pic
Jeriah wrote:
My Sig functions on Teutonic Gnome Magic, thank you very much.
Remember Nancy Reagan? "JUST SAY NO!"

Terlingueno

Post by Terlingueno » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:27 pm

This is my Colt, there are many like it, but this one is mine...
On the Rio Bravo, TexMexistan

Wrangler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Wrangler » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:23 pm

SGL 21 with TWS Dograil and Aimpoint PRO. I really want to get some low rings for it but for now this set up is working well.

Sorry for the crappy phone picture, hopefully I get some better ones next week at the range.
When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take along Samuel Colt...

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Terlingueno wrote:This is my Colt, there are many like it, but this one is mine...
This is sex in a rifle. I love the look of old school carry handle rifles for some reason.
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

TheDeltaForce

Post by TheDeltaForce » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:39 am

Ok, here's my line-up so far:

Ruger 10/22 USA Shooting Team TALO Edition, with Simmons Scope and Dednutz high mount base, Volquartsen magazine release, & Predator rest:

Ruger 10/22 Custom, with so many options I don't feel like listing them all here:

Just Right Carbine in 9mm, with a slew of accessories I had laying around for an AR build-up I haven't gotten to yet:

Yeah, yeah......I know .22LR isn't exactly for killin' zombies, but it sure will improve your skills, it's cheap to shoot, and fun! The JR is a lot of fun as well.

- The Delta Force

angelofwar
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Post by angelofwar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:01 pm

These are my two Zombie/HD Long-Guns...

First up, is my Remington 870 Marine Magnum with a Surefire 918FA Dedicated Fore-end, a tacstar side saddle, and a pistol grip. Also have an additional Buffer Technologies magazine light mount on the mag if I need to install an extra light/laser.

Here's a pic of the Marine Magnum showing the Buffer Tech Mag light mount being utilized:

Double-Star AR-15 with foregrip, adjustable stock, and Surefire 9-Volt M961 Weaponlight w/ a red filter. I now have a laser on the bottom rail, that can be activated by rolling my knuckle forward, and I also recently replaced the M961 with a lighter Scoutlight.

Since my M961 doesn't have a home right now, I plan on changing it to a 12-Volt M981 (seen below), and mounting it on top of the scope of my 700 when I get it.

The M981 is a variant of the original Leopard Light, which was designed as short range target ID/Counter sniper light.

:mrgreen:
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

Big and Daft

Post by Big and Daft » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:17 pm

My Marlin 1894c;

Hollowpoint26
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead 1990, Dawn of the Dead

Post by Hollowpoint26 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:32 am

Spike's Lower, with 6 position collapsible buttstock. DPMS upper 16" 5.56 NATO, DPMS Chromium Bolt Carrier Assembly.
This is my 25m zero target, no I don't need to adjust my FSP, I was aiming at about the neck level lol.

EDIT: To let you know I used the iron sights because my cheap ass optics are pure garbage.
Semper Paratus
Leadership is influencing people by providing purpose, direction, and motivation while operating to accomplish the mission and improving the organization.

crzy88lx

Post by crzy88lx » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:23 pm

remington 870 w/ spec ops stock

browning a-500
ducks unlimited special edition

kbi
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOD 2004 , Land of the dead , The resident evil movie's

Post by kbi » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Just my BCM build's in this pic ( all the others are in case's or else stored else where )

M16A4 Clone ( TA31F & Spectre sling are taken off and in the respectfull case's )

MK12(ish) build . BCM 18" SS barrel with daniel defense 12" lite rail and troy buis & magpul prs and grip. still need a scope and saving for a nightforce suck's

14.5 std middy with PWS SM556 ( aka the buddy f****** )

last but not the least

16 Middy BFH on a lmt defender lower which started out as a host to a mk18 build now gonna end up as a RIS II build but I need a foward grip & panel's and either a eotech or elcan ( grumble's )
Quote: dr doofenshmirtz Perry the Platypus what the hell!

BChandler4

Post by BChandler4 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Here is my newest build. Nothing special.

Stag Arms 14.5 upper
RGuns lower
PSA LPK
Vltor Modstock
KAC RAS
KAC VFG
Surefire G2 light and mount
MOE grip
DPMS detachable A2 rear sight
Older issued 3 point sling. Spec-Ops maybe?

angelofwar

Post by angelofwar » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Nice Set-up chandler...simple and to the point! Get an XM07 tape-switch for that G2 and you'll be ready to rock!

Warlock53
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Series, I am Legend, and the Original Omega man.

Post by Warlock53 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:53 pm

FINI
Last edited by Warlock53 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bring em on

angelofwar

Post by angelofwar » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Warlock53 wrote:http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85 ... Guns15.jpg
Who'd a thunk Umbrella Corp woulda infected a Dang Moose!!!
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85 ... Guns14.jpg
Yo Honey Could yah slow em down wit dat scatter gun, this Yugo ain't so easy ta reload.
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85 ... Guns17.jpg
How many did ya say were coming? Ya think 600 rds of this little stuff will do for Em.
Nice stuff there, Warlock!

CarbonScout762

Post by CarbonScout762 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Hey Guys,
This is a Mosin Nagant 91/30 that i've converted into a psuedo scout rifle. I did all the fabrication and machining, including a new design of carbon fiber stock (inspired some by the Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock), machined aluminum inserts in the stock that serve as bedding blocks for the action screws and mounting points for the AR-15 pistol grip and ACE folding stock. I cut the barrel back to 20 inches and crowned it. The trigger has been lightened and the creep reduced by installing an adjustable set screw under the trigger spring. The barrel is fully free floated, and the entire action (not just the recoil lugs) is bedded into the stock.
I still have a lot of work to do on it, including making a custom stock with on-board ammo storage, threading the barrel for a flash hider/suppressor mount, installing a ching sling, figuring out some sort of back up iron sights, lowering the scope etc...
You may recognize the cartoon on the side of the stock.... I made it out of aluminized fiberglass, so it kinda has a different look to it that combines metal and composite.

visualoddity

Post by visualoddity » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:57 pm

This was right after I bought her yesterday:

This was last night (sorry for the crappy, late night, poor light, cell phone pics). Did some minor mods. Removed the scope and gave to a friend. Added Red Dot + Magnifier, as well as Tactical Light with cable and button attached to lower for index finger operation... I love this AR. Still pretty giddy like 12 hours later... <3

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”