Explosion in Oslo

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

razi

Explosion in Oslo

Post by razi » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:28 am

A large explosion has hit near government headquarters in the Norwegian capital Oslo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14252515" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 180673.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This may or may not be a terrorist attack. It's likely, but there's no evidence yet.
Last edited by razi on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Re: Explosion in Oslo

Post by TDW586 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:30 am

That sucks. I'll be watching for more info, good luck to the people injured and the first responders and medical teams.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 am

No-one has said they were behind the attack.
No other evidence in the article that it was an attack and not a gas explosion or something, but my guess is that they already know it's an attack. Car bomb, maybe?

Cui bono?
Mostly not here anymore.

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:50 am

Swedish newspapers reporting multiple carbombs. One confirmed dead. Link to translated article.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?js ... trala-oslo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:58 am

AOL/Huffington is aggregating a lot of links:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/07/22 ... 06683.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mostly not here anymore.

A.C.E.
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Resident Evil

Post by A.C.E. » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:10 am

I have a norweigan friend visiting atm so we're watching this closely. Apparently the police have confirmed that it was a bomb that went off. There's a lot of contradicting statements about wether there are more than one bomb.

I can't find any official confirmation that more than one explosion has occured, but windows more than 1km. from the site are broken.

Article in norweigan.
http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/07/22/nyhe ... /17411344/
My FAK
Cold Weather
Propane Forge
ZS #0091

I'm Swedish, there is no known cure.
sealegs wrote:I make it my business to never be caught w. my pants down, and IF I am, then the size of my junk and the fortitude of my stones will give me the initiative by sheer intimidation alone. :lol:

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:27 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14254705" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is pretty big news in my book. People in countries that one would think of as being kind of immune/removed from terrorist activity need to be aware.
I'm certainly going to be extra vigilant as should everyone in Europe.

I'd be very worried if this turns out to be Libyans...
Man is a beast of prey

Mad_Maxx

Post by Mad_Maxx » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:46 am

I would make a comment, but it woult end up severely racist and political, so i`ll just say that my thoughts go out to the people in Oslo right now. And i`m getting myself a gun.
Umbrella Corporation - International Biological Solutions
Vampire wrote:Norway is great. Just sit on a deserted mountaintop, and if a zombie happens to stumble upon you trow rocks at him until he rolls all the way down. :)

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:54 am

Mad_Maxx wrote:I would make a comment, but it woult end up severely racist and political, so i`ll just say that my thoughts go out to the people in Oslo right now. And i`m getting myself a gun.
If you can keep it from being too bad, we'd love to hear the thoughts an opinions from someone who is there.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dawgboy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Fido

Post by Dawgboy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:11 am

I have friends in Strommen, which is just east of Oslo. I know he works in Oslo though. I tried to call them, but the lines are busy... My guess is the phone exchange is overwhelmed. Being an oil exporting country, I have to wonder is this from the "normal" terrorists? I also read the Oil ministry was targeted, as well as the PM's office.
shrapnel wrote:Dawgboy, please refrain from stirring shit for the sole purpose of stirring shit.
[ZS/]# .40/Pie/CERT/Wireless...
My homebrew stove kit
IMPROVED Solar Redneck Hot tub
Dawgvan
Chupa Chihuahua
GHB

Mad_Maxx

Post by Mad_Maxx » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:15 am

Not in oslo, about a day`s drive away in fact, in the cold north. The general mood on comments on newspapers are taking a bad turn, would hate to be middle eastern looking today, that i can say :( Now theres been a shooting incident with a fellow dressed as a police officer not far away. I`m not going to trust anyone who looks foreign from here on, thats damn sure.

Going to read up some, and see if i can come with an overview from the newspapers.
Vampire wrote:Norway is great. Just sit on a deserted mountaintop, and if a zombie happens to stumble upon you trow rocks at him until he rolls all the way down. :)

ei8htx
BANNED

Post by ei8htx » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:20 am

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/22/bl ... ?hpt=hp_t1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 confirmed dead. It could've been worse. Given Norway's unique immigration situation, I'm betting the "normal" terrorists are at work here, but it's just a hunch.

A.C.E.
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Resident Evil

Post by A.C.E. » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

Just watched a press conference witht he acting Chief of Police.

The police confirm that the explosion was a bomb, at least 2 people are dead and at least 15 injured. SAR is still ongoing, The Oslo PD has requested assistance from other Police departments in Norway and also from the Norweigan Defense.

The bomb may have been placed inside a vehicle but this is not yet confirmed.

There are so far no suspects and no motive is known.

Other locations are beeing evacuated following suspicions of other bomb.

The Police will attempt to update the press every hour until further notice
My FAK
Cold Weather
Propane Forge
ZS #0091

I'm Swedish, there is no known cure.
sealegs wrote:I make it my business to never be caught w. my pants down, and IF I am, then the size of my junk and the fortitude of my stones will give me the initiative by sheer intimidation alone. :lol:

Nth90

Post by Nth90 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:26 am

Last edited by Nth90 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad_Maxx

Post by Mad_Maxx » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:32 am

Hardest punishment in Norway is a joke. "21" years, and they`ll be out in 15. Shoot every last one of the fucks who did this. And that bastard Mullah Krekar!

zoiders

Post by zoiders » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:32 am

I can see who the usual suspects will be for obvious reasons but on this occasion I get creepy feeling a far right wing group did this and the attack on the labour party youth camp, the labour party are the leading party in government as well.

You don't have to import terrorists.

Fucking Nazis dude. :(
Last edited by zoiders on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nth90

Post by Nth90 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:35 am

Last edited by Nth90 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:35 am

zoiders wrote:I can see who the usual suspects will be for obvious reasons but on this occasion I get creepy feeling a far right wing group did this and the attack on the labour party youth camp.

Nope, could be home grown, but getting an idea from a source in norway is useful perspective.

Edited to add a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullah_Krekar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 am

Nth90 wrote:Unfortunately it looks like the children shooting has been confirmed by the BBC. Below is a twitter type feed with updates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14254705" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh man. I really want this not to be true. :?
Man is a beast of prey

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 am

Please stop with the baseless speculation. Nobody has claimed responsibility for anything, and to throw around accusations randomly is both disingenuous and frankly rude.

More of the same will be viewed as politics and/or religion, and certainly hatefulness. If you have actual sourced information, that is lovely. If not, please don't bother posting.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

zoiders

Post by zoiders » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 am

Horatio_Tyllis wrote:
zoiders wrote:I can see who the usual suspects will be for obvious reasons but on this occasion I get creepy feeling a far right wing group did this and the attack on the labour party youth camp.

Nope, could be home grown, but getting an idea from a source in norway is useful perspective.
Edited to add a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullah_Krekar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Like they are going to shit where they eat and lose a safe haven .

I have been to Norway visiting family and it's a very progressive and liberal society, that's why they tolerate the loonies
Last edited by zoiders on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

HurricaneDad
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by HurricaneDad » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 am

Latest "Breaking News" links are here: http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/oslo-explosion
dani monster wrote:"Mom you do know that zombies aren't real, right?" "...You get Santa and the Easter Bunny. I get zombies. Eat your damned trail mix."
Standard disclaimer applies.

ei8htx
BANNED

Post by ei8htx » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:51 am

Is the fake police shooting (for which I can't find a source) the same one that is the youth shooting?

Makarov
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Makarov » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:53 am

Got a call about this when I was a the range today, and spent some time there listening to the radio and checking news on the phone. Just got home now, and and I'm watching the news unfold.
The shooting at the Labour party youth camp is still ongoing, the police are gearing up as we speak. It's said that the shooting is done by a man in a "police uniform" using a pistol. At least 5 people hit. The camp is held on a island, and the kids are trying to get out...

ei8htx: the fake police is the person(s) shooting on the youth camp

NOW: "Helpers of the global Jihad"(or something) is claiming responsibility on a Internet board, but no ones has heard of this group before, so that might just be someone looking to profit.

I've got several friends in Oslo, hopefully none of them(I believe) works or live close to the area bombed.
Thomas

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”