My Urban Preparation.

Devoted to the discussion of skills applicable in an urban environment

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

mega-hertz
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, 28 days(the one where Sandra bullock goes to rehab and has to kill her way back to the bar and gets naked a lot when she fights all those zombies)

Re: My Urban Preparation.

Post by mega-hertz » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:57 am

Rebelac7 wrote:
goblin wrote:
Rebelac7 wrote:Ive spent a lot of time around the homless and vagrants of our county due to my job. There is nothing that scum can teach me other than how to live without morals. I hope you'r hobo friend helps you;however, be carefull who you learn from other than him.
Hey...I know you. You're that self-righteous ass everyone is talking about!!!
:lol: I know right :lol:
hey, if you hate the homeless so much, why do you keep posting on this thread?
the op did something most of us don't have the balls to do. if you don't like it, go post somewhere else.
i myself don't think first aid kit's or HAM radio's are to big of a deal, but you don't see me fucking up those threads.
" I'm hiding in Honduras. I'm a desperate man. Send lawyers, guns and money. The $h!t has hit the fan." Warren Zevon......R.I.P.
fart lol!

Rebelac7

Post by Rebelac7 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:20 am

mega-hertz wrote:
Rebelac7 wrote:
goblin wrote:
Rebelac7 wrote:Ive spent a lot of time around the homless and vagrants of our county due to my job. There is nothing that scum can teach me other than how to live without morals. I hope you'r hobo friend helps you;however, be carefull who you learn from other than him.
Hey...I know you. You're that self-righteous ass everyone is talking about!!!
:lol: I know right :lol:
hey, if you hate the homeless so much, why do you keep posting on this thread?
the op did something most of us don't have the balls to do. if you don't like it, go post somewhere else.
i myself don't think first aid kit's or HAM radio's are to big of a deal, but you don't see me fucking up those threads.
Or ill just stay here and keep warning people about the zombies that will kill you for a 5 $ rock.
"And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:58 am

Rebelac7 wrote: Or ill just stay here and keep warning people about the zombies that will kill you for a 5 $ rock.
Yeah, that's not going to work out for me.
We don't liken people to zombies, sheep or anything else that dehumanizes them here.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Rebelac7

Post by Rebelac7 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:02 am

PistolPete wrote:
Rebelac7 wrote: Or ill just stay here and keep warning people about the zombies that will kill you for a 5 $ rock.
Yeah, that's not going to work out for me.
We don't liken people to zombies, sheep or anything else that dehumanizes them here.
Roger That. 8)
"And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

DaJoker

Post by DaJoker » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:12 pm

:|

Homeless-bashing trolls aside, Thorake are you closer to being ready to present us with your tale of daring do?
NLM FEMA8 Knucklebuster
"Man's true profession is to find the road to himself." Thomas Hobbes
“Showing reality always makes the best propaganda.” Taliban member quoted in Newsweek
M1A/5.7x28mm/Green Wire/Pie

Bugout Ben

Post by Bugout Ben » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Wow this is the best thread I've found so far, this is really interesting, and I can't wait to read about your experiences. Props to you for doing this, and sharing it!
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for You are with me.

GlockASP
Favorite Zombie Movies: OMG, All of them

Post by GlockASP » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:53 pm

All right now I just can't wait for this story, where is it??? The anticipation is killing me.

This could be a very good learning experience for all, as long as you can keep an open mind. :)

As for dealing with the homeless, they have there good days and there bad days, just like the folks in there warm houses. :wink:
Stuck behind enemy lines in the peoples republik of Massholes!

"Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem"
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
Kinda funny, for a state that takes and regulates your liberty's to such extremes to have this as the state motto.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sic Vis Pacem, Parabellum
Deus Vult

Kore
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil
Tokyo Zombie
Day of the Dead....of course.

Post by Kore » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:55 pm

An interesting thread and I can't say that I haven't thought of the same idea, but I happen to be chicken.

On that note, let me tell you about one of my patients. No names or important information so HIPAA is a non-issue.

I work at an inner city hospital in the ICU. One day, I was caring for this guy with very bad pneumonia. While working with him, I asked him what he did for a living and this is when I found that he was homeless. The fellow was very interesting and was clearly smart as a whip! First, he said he was homeless by choice, that he grew up on the move with his family and found the freedom of the road desirable. Second, he said he loves his freedom. Third, he love.......well you get the point.

While assessing him, I asked if he knew where the local shelters are and if he get's plenty of food. Yes and yes...he get's plenty of food at the soup kitchens but has opted out of the shelters. He said that more than a few times he got rolled while sleeping in the shelter. Instead, he has opted to sleep beneath the stars. He said that him and his friend would find a new place every night to sleep, because police and thugs like to look for homeless people. While talking about his "camping" he says that he has a partner that he travels with. They both watch each others back while they are out and about. For example, when they jump over a fence, the other will watch to see if anyone is looking. In short, traveling in pairs is a good thing.

On more than a few occasions, I have taken care of homeless that have been beaten to an inch of their life.
To the OP, the test you are making may be exciting, but can be dangerous. Good luck.

If the OP never conducted his test, please post so that we can have closure.
Either way, we applaud your attempt or success.

urthshu
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, etc.

Post by urthshu » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:35 pm

It is an interesting thread & idea. Its getting me closer to volunteering someplace, still weighing that though. Stumbled across a program that operates only in winter, teaching them to bake bread that they take with them after. Keeps them warm and they learn a skill, basically.

Its probably all sourdough /snark
Let’s Add Graphic Warning Labels to the Communist Manifesto

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Where's the write-up? Awesome fucking thread, OP - I wish I had the cajones to do something like this.
Gundown wrote:Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

Ruddie
Favorite Zombie Movies: Hhhmmm...

Post by Ruddie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Hhmmm, I'm going to make an ark..... a land ark. I think ill only allow people on it that have the will to survive and ammo..... ill call it the Ruddie boat. I need to stop thinking out loud. The men in the white suits will come again.

stu_wat

Post by stu_wat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Were is the right up? did you actully do it or are you pulling our legs?

wguy00

Post by wguy00 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:12 pm

A little part of me still hopes that this thread gets updated soon with the OP's pics and story :cry:
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
-Douglas Adams

Bugout Ben

Post by Bugout Ben » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:00 am

wguy00 wrote:A little part of me still hopes that this thread gets updated soon with the OP's pics and story :cry:
Me too, but I have a feeling he went back to living on the streets, where the internets don't exist.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for You are with me.

sql_yoda
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Sean of the Dead
The Notebook

Post by sql_yoda » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:18 am

It's already been said here, but;

If it's my apple tree, don't touch any apples on it.

TurantShank

Post by TurantShank » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:38 pm

My future hubby is friends IRL with Thorake. From my understanding (Don't have full story) His wife, or fiance what ever she was left him. He pretty much went on a self destructive path and attempted suicide a few times. Last I heard he was getting therapy or some shit. If I get any new info I will post it up here.

ash.cbr
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead (remake)
Dead snow

Post by ash.cbr » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:11 pm

TurantShank wrote:My future hubby is friends IRL with Thorake. From my understanding (Don't have full story) His wife, or fiance what ever she was left him. He pretty much went on a self destructive path and attempted suicide a few times. Last I heard he was getting therapy or some shit. If I get any new info I will post it up here.
Serious? Wow that's unfortunate, if this is true. All the best to him. Sounded like someone with moral strength so i'm sure he'll pull through.

Pommes

Post by Pommes » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:47 pm

Did he tell you about all the homeless guys getting raped and stabbed in the street?

wguy00

Post by wguy00 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 pm

TurantShank wrote:My future hubby is friends IRL with Thorake. From my understanding (Don't have full story) His wife, or fiance what ever she was left him. He pretty much went on a self destructive path and attempted suicide a few times. Last I heard he was getting therapy or some shit. If I get any new info I will post it up here.
If that is the case, then I understand why we were never updated. That sucks. I wish this Thorake the best.
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
-Douglas Adams

Svothe
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Svothe » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:10 am

Pommes wrote:Did he tell you about all the homeless guys getting raped and stabbed in the street?
Wow fantastic first post sir! Why not head over to the introductory thread and tell us about yourself. Oh and whats with 'Pommes'? thats german for chips/fries correct?

funkychicken

Post by funkychicken » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:40 pm

I hope Thorake is legitt and not somebody who would try a,"How do you keep a group of assholes in suspense.. Tell Ya Later" Kind of guy!! If he is, can I get a credit for the last 45 minutes of my life I wasted reading this?
I am Funkychicken, and I approve this message.

Levinz11
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead

Post by Levinz11 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Grrrr. Read the whole damn story and NO ending. Hope buddy is OK, though. Subscribed.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:27 am

Squirrley wrote:Where's the write-up? Awesome fucking thread, OP - I wish I had the cajones to do something like this.
You need big boxes to do this? I suppose a couple of big boxes would give you an expedient shelter.

Unless you meant "cojones" referring to your testicular fortitude.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:53 am

KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Return to “Urban Skillz”