Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

K9Crew
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the Dead
Day of the Triphid
Zombie Strippers
Machete

ZS Runners

Post by K9Crew » Sun May 10, 2015 12:15 am

I've recently gotten bitten by the running bug. This is a disease that affects less than 30% of the US population. The side effects are a sudden desire to run unimaginably long distances in a single day, pushing the body well past its own pain threshhold just to see if you have the mental ability and self-discipline to keep going. While most people say I am crazy and some even point out that it may in fact be unhealthy to do this to myself, I believe it is a relevant survival skill. After all the first rule for surviving Zombieland is Cardio.
What I am getting at is that I have now run my second marathon and have plans to run several more marathons as well as 50Ks, 50 miles and maybe even longer races in the future. I could join any of the running teams and groups in the Pittsburgh area but I'd rather create a running team for our own organization. One that runs for charity as well as to stay in shape for the Zombocalypse. So I am appealing to the rest of ZS since I know some of you out there have also completed marathons and I'd like to organize a ZS running group. I have plans to design running uniforms (jacket, shirt, pants and shorts) so that we can recognize each other at events and even look somewhat professional when seen together. If you are interested in being a part of a nationwide running squad that will train together and hopefully meet up at marathons as I plan to run in many different states, please respond to this post. Tell us about yourself and how you like to run. If you are not yet a runner you are still welcome to join our group. Several of the other Pittsburgh members that join me on Sunday when I run only walk. We have found it is a great way to get our group together once a week. We have an hour of fitness followed by a healthy lunch and make plans for the coming weeks. If you are simply unable to run you can still get involved by volunteering to help at these events. It takes hundreds of volunteers to hand out water and rush in with first aid when someone falls or drops from exhaustion. All of this type of work helps to prepare us for providing the same type of help in a real emergency.

If you live in Pittsburgh look for our events posted on our Facebook page. I will soon post them here as well. We will be running/walking 5ks for charity and helping out as volunteers with the marathons and other running events around town. This should get the Zombiehunters some much needed publicity and help to expand our group.

If you live elsewhere please join the ZS Runners by posting below.

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: ZS Runners

Post by Woods Walker » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:02 am

I have been running 5 miles 3-4 times a week in combination with my other training. The ability to just run and run and run adds options. Also a great way to drop body fat.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Woods Walker » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Amazingly (for me) I did two 12 mile runs in a week. Then a 6 mile run with a full Kifaru Pointman. Also did 5 miles today.

DarkSpanishShadow
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DarkSpanishShadow » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:36 am

I love your idea I wish I lived near you. I'm not to your running standards either lol Ill be getting they're with JROTC and Raider Team. Anyway I like running to this great app called Zombies, Run. I recently signed up for they're virtual 5k. Anyway I hope your idea works out, stay safe ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

airmandan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by airmandan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:58 am

You need to check out the Zombies, Run app. It's a running app that is pretty entertaining and helpful. Plus it gets you acclimated for the zombie hordes.

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Woods Walker » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:21 pm

Jogged a total of 40 miles last week.

Trippy

Post by Trippy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Nice.

40 miles is getting pretty far for jogging. Are you sure you're not a runner? I did my first few marathons maxing out at 40/week.

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Woods Walker » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Trippy wrote:Nice.

40 miles is getting pretty far for jogging. Are you sure you're not a runner? I did my first few marathons maxing out at 40/week.
Guessing a jogger as don't really go very fast. Those are trail miles not road. I tried to jog on a track a few days ago and was disappointed. It's just not the same. I also dislike roads unless they're dirt.

andiem

Post by andiem » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi :) 4 marathons, several half-marathons, 50k trail run, two half-ironmans (70.3) and one full-ironman :) Count me in!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

andiem

Post by andiem » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Oops, this thread is 2 yrs old... my bad...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fatty21

Post by fatty21 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Title seems fitting, ill join in.

Brick workout
6.5 bike
1.5 swim

Yes i know im weak but gotta start somewhere.

Return to “Urban Skillz”