Toddler found alive after Three days in freezing Siberian

Devoted to survival skills in the wilderness

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TacAir

Toddler found alive after Three days in freezing Siberian

Post by TacAir » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:32 am

With all the bad news on the airwaves, I thought this might be a welcome break.....

Full title -
Toddler found alive after THREE days in freezing Siberian wilderness filled with wolves and bears tells his mother he cried for her each night after the puppies he befriended to stay warm deserted him.

(Brit writers must be paid by the word)

(Source) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4L64YGhlp

Read full story at link. Key points

Tserin - wearing only his daytime clothes - survived by making himself a bed among the roots of a protective larch tree.
'He said that he had some chocolate which he ate during the first day. Then he found a dry place under a larch tree and slept there between the roots.

The risks were huge with Tuva emergencies' chief Ayas Saryglar telling The Siberian Times: 'The situation was very dangerous. 'The River Mynas is fast and cold. If a small child fell in, it would be certain death. There are wolves, and bears in the forest. 'The bears are now fattening for the winter. They attack anything that moves.' 'In addition, it is warm during the day, but at night there are even frosts.'

And for the happy ending:
'The whole village is throwing a party to celebrate his survival. He was given the second name of Mowgli.
'It is now predicted he will become a rescuer himself, because he showed incredible stamina for his age by surviving for so long alone in these cold woods.'

If a 3 Y/O can handle outdoor temps that low and still come home, imagine how much difference a few simple items would have made for the kiddo.
Last edited by TacAir on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Iowa_guy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Re: Toddler found alive after Three days in freezing Siberia

Post by Iowa_guy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:24 pm

TacAir wrote:
If a 3 Y/O can handle outdoor temps that low and still come home, image how much difference a few simple items would have made for the kiddo.
Well he is Russian for starters....probably chewed his own cord off at birth.

In all seriousness though this kid is awesome.

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:27 pm

Great happy ending. Thanks for sharing it!
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:45 pm

That's a great story. A three year old with the knowledge and skills to survive pretty darn scary ordeal. I will say that children are pretty good at survival. It's not uncommon to find children in rubble of a building.

Great story, I do love to hear tales of survival.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Return to “Bushcraft”