Turner River Road alligators.

Devoted to survival skills in the wilderness

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Turner River Road alligators.

Post by Woods Walker » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:56 pm

I don't have gators in my neck of the woods so checked some out the other day along the side of Turner River Road. I believe it goes in the Big Cypress National park. I am no expert on this area but it certainly seems big as the name might imply. Also some of the Cypresses were bigger than the tallest Royal Palms. Lots of water and brush along the road.

Cypress swamp if not mistaken.

Some bird action.

Some gators.

This sign made me laugh. :lol:

A short video of a near gator encounter.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

KGBrick

Re: Turner River Road alligators.

Post by KGBrick » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:39 pm

Gators down there sure do seem brassy compared to the ones I'm used to. That and I don't know whether we're talking stray chihuahuas or just fish guts but someone's been feeding that alligator in the video.

I think I prefer my gators to have a better understanding of their place in the food chain (below me) than I'm seeing in your photos. Pretty scenery down there, though.

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Turner River Road alligators.

Post by Woods Walker » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:39 am

KGBrick wrote:Gators down there sure do seem brassy compared to the ones I'm used to. That and I don't know whether we're talking stray chihuahuas or just fish guts but someone's been feeding that alligator in the video.

I think I prefer my gators to have a better understanding of their place in the food chain (below me) than I'm seeing in your photos. Pretty scenery down there, though.
One actually approached me which is on the video. I am working on another video which a mother gator came out of the swamp to keep a very very near eye on me and her babies but that's understandable.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

Return to “Bushcraft”