November 2017 - Checking in

Discussion forum for the Metro Atlanta chapter

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 016 Officers

KJ4ZDD
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

November 2017 - Checking in

Post by KJ4ZDD » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:14 am

It's been a while since anyone's posted, so I'm checking in.

I meant to write up a lengthy post-Irma report on how it affected my neighborhood's power for a week, and how relatively okay I actually was while operating on a 2000-watt generator. But the details for that are in another journal, and I might get to it later.

As for right now, I can say I've still been busy as hell. I missed going to the Stone Mountain HamFest, even just attending, but I have generated some interest in some friends learning to become licensed hams. I need to gather together some study materials that have scattered over the years, but it seems very doable.

I'll try and keep the GARS TechFest in mind, as it's a completely free event to attend or even table.

How's everyone else doing? I ran into a few of y'all at Dragon Con, and I get the sense we're all too busy to do much.
KJ4ZDD of ZSC-016 -.- .--- ....- --.. -.. -..
General Class / Fleet#ZS-0511

Slugg

Re: November 2017 - Checking in

Post by Slugg » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:30 am

I've been working and training. I leave this month for a deployment to the Middle East so I have put most my projects and hobbies on hold. I am getting some pretty good training though. So I don't know for sure how much internet access I will have but I'm guessing I'll have it pretty often. Anyone else still around?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Just keep livin

Return to “ZSC:016”