2017 Hamfest invitations

Discussion forum for the Metro Atlanta chapter

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 016 Officers

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

2017 Hamfest invitations

Post by A Zombie » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:54 pm

Hey guys, we've been invited to a couple of ham radio events for next year already. Let me know whatcha think.
We’re starting to get our exhibitor list together for TechFest 2017, a little late I might add, due to some personnel changes at Gwinnett Medical Center. So, I’ll make this as quick as possible. TechFest will be held January 14th, 2017, at the Gwinnett Medical Center, Resource Center, 665 Duluth Highway (GA-120) Lawrenceville, GA 30046 (same as last year). Hours will be 9:00a till 2:00p.
As a past participant, we wanted to give you first opportunity to reserve a table and present some aspect of Amateur Radio. Remember that TechFest is for information sharing, and, is non-commercial. In addition to presenting the different sides of our hobby, you will also have the opportunity to promote your organization. We hope you will be able to participate and make TechFest 2017 as successful as previous TechFests. Please let us know at your earliest convenience if you will be able to participate, and what aspect of the hobby you will be exhibiting.
In, addition, if you would have a topic that you would like to present as a forum, let us know. We will have three forums scheduled throughout the day.
Thanks again for your past participation. We look forward to seeing you again on January 14th.

-redacted-

PS – This is an ARRL sanctioned event.
and
Hello:
I am Jimmy Jones representing the Great Southern Hamfest which will be held in Thomasville Georgia. This is the first year for this event. This will be a regional event in that we are seeking the support of all the Ham radio groups in our area. We plan to involve clubs from Ga., Fl. and Alabama in the planning and sponsoring of this event. We already have four clubs committed financially with meetings set up for several others. This is a one day event and the date is March 18, 2017.

While we feel that this is good way to reach out to the public to inform them about what we do in Amateur radio, we plan to expand the scope of this event beyond the traditional “Ham” related activities. In talking to the other clubs we have confirmed that emergency preparedness and survival skills should be included in the Hamfest. Given the uncertainty of our political and social climate, it is easy to imagine a world where Ham Radio and survival skills should work hand in hand.

We are seeking topics for speakers and forums and would like to ask you to consider participating in our event. Everyone I speak with is thinking about “Prepping” and being able to be self-sufficient in the event of an apocalyptic situation, but few people are making the effort to prepare themselves. Those who are unprepared will become a liability to those that are ready. I believe it is our responsibility to make sure that our families are as prepared as possible and to encourage and educate as many people as we can.

To sum it up- We would like for your group to participate in the event. We need an organization such as yours to help make the Hamfest a success. We would like for you to facilitate a forum and to promote your organization. We can provide you with free booth space and all the hot dogs you can eat as well as great exposure for the Zombie Squad.

Please consider being a part of this. Discuss this and I will look forward to hearing back from you.
Thomasville is quite a ways out of our range, but if there was sufficient interest i don't see why we couldn't participate.

let me know what y'all think
-A. Zombie

"All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes"

"I went to Raccoon City and all I got was this lousy T-virus"

Return to “ZSC:016”