3/26/2016 Meeting and fire making. Added Debrief.

Discussion forum for the Metro Atlanta chapter

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 016 Officers

Slugg

3/26/2016 Meeting and fire making. Added Debrief.

Post by Slugg » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:56 am

The march 2016 meeting will be Saturday March 26th starting at 1400. We will be doing a primitive fire building practice and follow it up with cooking over a fire when everyone gets hungry. Our chapter business will follow the meal and I'm going to try and start it no later than 1700. This will be at O.D Green's house in Monticello, GA. If you want to attend this meeting please message myself or O.D Green for the address, I don't want to be posting his address online.
The future is for those who prepare.

tbrents42
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, Stacy: Attack of the Schoolgirl Zombies, Dead Snow 1 & 2

Re: 3/26/2016 Meeting and fire making.

Post by tbrents42 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Is this core members only or would the wife and kids be allowed to come? I think it would be good experience for them, especially the kids.
Tim (KK4JRN) of ZSC-016
THAT WHICH DOES NOT KILL ME SHOULD RUN

tbrents42
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, Stacy: Attack of the Schoolgirl Zombies, Dead Snow 1 & 2

Post by tbrents42 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Tim (KK4JRN) of ZSC-016

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:01 pm

Your family is welcome to come. It isn't core members only.

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:13 am

lol, it's kinda core members only. No randos, first timers, that sort of thing. It's not an "open to the public" meeting. But you and your family are welcome, tbrents. I, unfortunately, won't be at this one. I'm supposed to have that Saturday off, but they're bringing me in because of the the holiday weekend.
-A. Zombie

"All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes"

"I went to Raccoon City and all I got was this lousy T-virus"

tbrents42
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by tbrents42 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:18 am

As far as the cooking goes do we need to bring food for ourselves to be cooked or is food being provided? Do we need to bring money to chip in if food is being provided?
Tim (KK4JRN) of ZSC-016

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:25 pm

tbrents42 wrote:As far as the cooking goes do we need to bring food for ourselves to be cooked or is food being provided? Do we need to bring money to chip in if food is being provided?
I think we are going to bring our own stuff. I have some squirrel in the freezer I'm thinking of bringing to let some ZSers try.

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:28 pm

I have some suture packs that are about to expire. If someone is interested in practicing suture technique on a pig foot or something similar let me know. I can teach you what I know, but obviously it isn't something you should be doing when you child falls of their bike. This would be to make you familiar for a possible PAW or similar situation. It is never to be in place of licensed or certified medical care. I don't have many, but if you are interested PM me to be sure I bring enough.

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:29 am

Since the weather doesn't look so great down here. Our plan B is EMP education and planning. I will try to gather some materials and maybe build a small Faraday cage today at O.D Greens house. The rest of the meeting remains the same and we may still work on the fire building some if possible.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

KJ4ZDD
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by KJ4ZDD » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:26 pm

I definitely need to be checking back more often, if only to say that I'm working today as well. Sorry I can't make it down.
KJ4ZDD of ZSC-016 -.- .--- ....- --.. -.. -..
General Class / Fleet#ZS-0511

KJ4ZDD
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by KJ4ZDD » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:10 am

An interesting exercise to see the effectiveness of a Faraday Cage is to build one big enough for a person, give them a cell phone actively streaming something, and then when they step inside the cage, all communications are suddenly cut off.

So how did it go? Did the weather play nice enough to have a fire?
KJ4ZDD of ZSC-016 -.- .--- ....- --.. -.. -..
General Class / Fleet#ZS-0511

Slugg

Re: 3/26/2016 Meeting and fire making. Added Debrief.

Post by Slugg » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:22 pm

The meeting went well.
Future events:
Toney Serano century ride April 9th: We are planning to volunteer for this event. Tim is contacting Walton County Radio Club for the volutneer aspect. I am doing the ZSHQ paperwork now. This is also our next member meeting. http://www.tonyserranoride.com/
Dauset Trails Blue Grass Festival: April 23rd. ZSHQ paperwork submitted and Dauset Trails has approved us. If someone is going to both events, maybe ask George for some stuff at the Bike event so we have stuff ready for this event? We will have a table at this event.
Foxhunt: This is through the Gwinnett County Ameteur Radio Society. Tim is going to send them a message in their yahoo group for more information.
May member meeting will be around May 14th depending on their work schedule. George's house is running a zombie movie night event that our may meeting will be.
Mock Bug Out: I have decided to check out the Ocmulgee Flats Hunt Camp. It is a free campsite out my way and this way we don't have to worry about fronting money for a site. I will try to go this week and see it. The internet says this is tent camping with space for people to bring an RV of any kind. We will do this in May. I'll put together a when is good schedule soon to see what we come up with for exact date.
Dragoncon: There are no changes of information as of yet. We are waiting for Dragoncon to updating their information and the dragoncon applications should be started soon. A Zombie will be contacting DragonCon soon for this.

Event structure: At events we will have two key people hosting. One running the meeting and one running the event. The event will either be a charity event, preparedness event, or networking event. The members who are running both parts of the event are to post at least once a week letting the members know that the event is still on and running.

This event we did primitive fire building. It was wet from a steady light rain since sunrise and made the fire building event more fun. Once we got the fire to a stable state we cooked some MREs over the fire and ran a small taste testing of military issued rations for those who haven't tried them before. We also discussed various homesteading aspects like raising animals and our plans for our homesteads. There was also some various practice of tree felling.

Return to “ZSC:016”