Online chapter meet

Discussion forum for the Metro Atlanta chapter

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 016 Officers

Slugg

Online chapter meet

Post by Slugg » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:01 am

I think one thing that makes it difficult for us meeting is coordinating our days off and travel time. So I just wanted to throw the idea of an online live chat/voice chat meeting. I assume OD, A Zombie, and I could run it and see what sections tend to be of most interest for our chapter. It would be good to know what resources we have availible and get things done a lot quicker than waiting for people to hop on here and post. If this strikes interest, we could do a biweekly or monthly teamspeak or skype meeting on odd weekends or on a week day for those who work weekends.
The future is for those who prepare.

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Online chapter meet

Post by A Zombie » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:13 pm

I like this idea. However, I'd rather not have this set precedent. I think we could definitely do Skype or similar meetings while we get things started, but once we become an official chapter, physical meetings are in order. I'm pretty sure the meetings we are required to have as a chapter have to be physical meetings (the public meet and greets and the quarterly officer meetings).

I've got Skype updated and ready to go, and for the foreseeable future I'm available almost every late afternoon/early evening. Let me know what works for you guys.
-A. Zombie

"All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes"

"I went to Raccoon City and all I got was this lousy T-virus"

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:36 am

I agree it shouldn't be in place of an actual meeting. Maybe just have an internet meeting shortley after an actual meeting. That way one member who attending the original meeting can host it and catch anyone who missed it up to speed.

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:43 am

Agreed. were you thinking of having our first virtual meeting before or after our physical meeting? I'm assuming you didn't want to Skype in lieu of a physical meeting, since we are simultaneously planning that.
-A. Zombie

"All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes"

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:54 pm

I would say we can get it running after our physical meeting. I'll just do a trial run of it after this meeting and see if anyone attends.

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:59 am

Sounds good to me. Once we get the details of the physical meeting hammered out, I'll PM everyone who has responded to me thus far and shown interest and I'll let them know the plan, and that we do have a Skype meeting in the works if they can't make the physical meeting.
-A. Zombie

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:49 am

That would be great. The skype meeting will be a very simple and basic review of the meeting.

mystic_1
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by mystic_1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:01 pm

I think you guys are on the right track with this. Online meetings cannot replace the required chapter meetings, those need to be in-person, but the way you're talking about using it here sounds really good.

mystic_1
Image Image Image

ZS Chapter Volunteer
● Want to start a ZS chapter? ● Want to find other ZS members near you? ● Want to make your chapter more successful?
Email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

See also: ● ZS Event CalendarZS Wiki

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks, Mystic. Glad to have your blessing! Good to have someone with a bit of experience checking in on us!
-A. Zombie

Return to “ZSC:016”