I'll edit this post to keep a running master list of ideas. But I'm thinking of things like
- Picnics/BBQs. No prepping. Just getting together, eating good food, maybe throwing the pigskin. Hanging out.
- Airsoft/paintball. Because... why not?
- Races/competitions. Even if we don't partner with a group, or use it as a charitable event, we could still have a ZS group in a 5K race or something
- Parades. Sometimes you can work food drives and such into parades. But even if not, creating a float or something in a Halloween parade would be sweet.
- Science Fiction and Fantasy conventions, either going as attendees, or hosting a "fan table" or a "media table" and handing out ZS literature. This can be s pretty easy really, depending on how elaborate you get with your table display, and can be a lot of fun. Tables are often available a low-cost or no-cost depending on the show. (Idea courtesy of Mystic_1)
- Workshop days. Some of your members will have specialty skills and tools. Other members will be in need of these services. Set up a day where people can come out and learn how to mod their pack, perform gear maintenance, buy/sell/swap gear with each other, and so forth. (Idea courtesy of Mystic_1)
- Viewing Parties: Walking Dead, Z-Nation, Dead Snow 2 (Idea courtesy of Mystic_1)