Other event brainstorming

Discussion forum for the Metro Atlanta chapter

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 016 Officers

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Other event brainstorming

Post by A Zombie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:40 pm

So we hope to become an official ZS chapter. Once we do, we are required to host charitable events and preparedness events to keep our status. We have brainstorming topics for both charityand preparedness ideas. Those don't have to be the only events we host. We are a community, and it's good to just hang out sometimes without having to set up an entire event. What else would you guys want to do?

I'll edit this post to keep a running master list of ideas. But I'm thinking of things like
  • Picnics/BBQs. No prepping. Just getting together, eating good food, maybe throwing the pigskin. Hanging out.
  • Airsoft/paintball. Because... why not?
  • Races/competitions. Even if we don't partner with a group, or use it as a charitable event, we could still have a ZS group in a 5K race or something
  • Parades. Sometimes you can work food drives and such into parades. But even if not, creating a float or something in a Halloween parade would be sweet.
  • Science Fiction and Fantasy conventions, either going as attendees, or hosting a "fan table" or a "media table" and handing out ZS literature. This can be s pretty easy really, depending on how elaborate you get with your table display, and can be a lot of fun. Tables are often available a low-cost or no-cost depending on the show. (Idea courtesy of Mystic_1)
  • Workshop days. Some of your members will have specialty skills and tools. Other members will be in need of these services. Set up a day where people can come out and learn how to mod their pack, perform gear maintenance, buy/sell/swap gear with each other, and so forth. (Idea courtesy of Mystic_1)
  • Viewing Parties: Walking Dead, Z-Nation, Dead Snow 2 (Idea courtesy of Mystic_1)
Last edited by A Zombie on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
-A. Zombie

"All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes"

"I went to Raccoon City and all I got was this lousy T-virus"

mystic_1
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Re: Other event brainstorming

Post by mystic_1 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Yup! If your chapter is only doing charity events, you're doing something wrong! :crazy:

Participating in an active chapter can sometimes be a lot of work. It's worse when it feels like work. Fun and easy events like these, which have little set up involved, are a great way to make the chapter successful.

I'll also mention:

Science Fiction and Fantasy conventions, either going as attendees, or hosting a "fan table" or a "media table" and handing out ZS literature. This can be s pretty easy really, depending on how elaborate you get with your table display, and can be a lot of fun. Tables are often available a low-cost or no-cost depending on the show.

Workshop days. Some of your members will have specialty skills and tools. Other members will be in need of these services. Set up a day where people can come out and learn how to mod their pack, perform gear maintenance, buy/sell/swap gear with each other, and so forth.

Viewing Parties: Walking Dead, Z-Nation, Dead Snow 2

mystic_1
Image Image Image

ZS Chapter Volunteer
● Want to start a ZS chapter? ● Want to find other ZS members near you? ● Want to make your chapter more successful?
Email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

See also: ● ZS Event CalendarZS Wiki

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:11 am

Thanks, Mystic. Added them to the list!
-A. Zombie

"All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes"

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:33 am

Well, a few friends and I are putting together a post apocalyptic airsoft LARP(Live Action Role Play). It will be a mixture of airsoft with limit ammunition, foam weapons(sword, shield, axe, spear) and role playing. We are still putting it together at this time. If any players are interested in it, please let me know. Once we get events going I will post them in the chapter thread.
The future is for those who prepare.

O.D. Green
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead both original and remake

Post by O.D. Green » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:02 am

I think we should try to meet soon and I like mystic suggestion...
Historia est magistra vitae

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:59 pm

O.D. Green wrote:I think we should try to meet soon and I like mystic suggestion...
Agreed. I'll start another thread about it.
-A. Zombie

KJ4ZDD
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by KJ4ZDD » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:32 pm

Bump - all of this is good info.

Have projector, will travel. There are several zombie related videos and movies that even I haven't seen, such as the History Channel special that aired a few years back, and Dead Snow 1&2 for example. If y'all want to have a viewing party, we can make it happen pretty much wherever. I might even be able to host something once I get my house cleaned up a bit.

I see Workshop Days is listed here. I could also run a small workshop on dipole antenna building. Those with a Ham license could get some use out of a 10 or 20-meter antenna, and anyone can enjoy the benefits of a proper 11-meter antenna for your CB radio. About the most expensive part of this project would be a ~$3 rf connector, SO-239. The rest is a block of wood, eye bolts, screws, zipties, and some lengths of speaker wire.
KJ4ZDD of ZSC-016 -.- .--- ....- --.. -.. -..
General Class / Fleet#ZS-0511

Return to “ZSC:016”