Once we become a chapter, we are required to host at least two preparedness events a year to remain a chapter.
What types of events would you guys like to see? I can (and will) spew out a bunch of ideas of what we could do, but what do you guys want to do? Preparedness is such a broad topic, it encompasses a lot, so we have a lot of leeway here.
I plan on editing this post to include all new idea and keep a running list of our preparedness ideas. Post any ideas you may have, or things you want to see. It doesn't have to be full blown events, it can be little things you want to see in an event. You may want to know more about what to include in a First Aid Kit (FAK). We could have a whole seminar on that, or include a class during a Mock Bug Out (MBO), or include that in any number of activities.
- First Aid classes (various experience levels)
- Mock Bug Outs (MBO): So many MBOs. Summer MBOs, Winter MBOs, Mountain MBOs, Forest MBOs. SO MANY MBO'S!!!
- Bug Out Bag classes (BOB)
- Ham Radio classes
- Crafts-type classes. Knitting, wood carving/crafting, etc. For certain crafts, we can donate what we make to charities (like scarves, blankets, etc.) and for other crafts we can sell them at our tabling events (paracord bracelets, for example), and of course we can always use what we make.
- Range trips. Just to shoot, or for gun safety, cleaning, etc. training
- Self defense classes
- Pet bug out bags, and other pet-related survival info. Can't forget about the animals!
- Wild edibles- our BOBs, BOVs, and BOLs can only have so many supplies. If we're out in the wild, what can we eat and what should we avoid?
- Bug Out Vehicle (BOV) kit classes, for both summer and winter, or in general
- Hunting- everything. Safety, snares, traps, field dressing, tracking.
- Gardening- basics through advanced
- BOB hikes
- Actual emergency training. So we have our BoBs, BoVs, BoLs, but what do we actually do in case of a tornado? Earthquake? Flood? etc.
- Hide Tanning class- Slugg
- Vitamin, herb, etc. uses in maintaining health & treating injury or illness.
- Small scale power storage / generation options, in an emergency some light, communications, perhaps music can make a significant difference in morale.
- Water filtration, disinfecting, distillation, etc.
- Air filtration and maintaining positive pressure of "good" air in a sealed structure (allowing for changes in air pressure), plants that help clean air.