New Roll Call

Discussion forum for the Metro Atlanta chapter

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 016 Officers

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

New Roll Call

Post by A Zombie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:27 pm

I feel a new roll call is in order. Who is here and where are you located? This way we can find a central meeting point for all of us and, potentially, the chapter as a whole.

I'm (obviously) here, and I'm in Gwinnett county and a member.

If I'm not mistaken we also have (in no particular order):
Slugg (member): Newton County
modf (member): Douglas County
O.D. Green (member): Monticello
Flathead (not currently a member): Cornelia area
Slugg has a few people in his area who are members, or are willing to be members.
Is there anyone else around?

I've sent private messages to a handful of individuals from GA on the main forum, and I'm going to private message some old ZSC:016 members this afternoon, so hopefully we'll add a few more to our ranks shortly. If not, we already have enough members to get this chapter rolling.
-A. Zombie

"All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes"

"I went to Raccoon City and all I got was this lousy T-virus"

O.D. Green
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead both original and remake

Re: New Roll Call

Post by O.D. Green » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Hotty Toddy, present and. ready to roll, Monticello GA,
Historia est magistra vitae

interrogate
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by interrogate » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Ready to roll in Columbus ga

--"do hard things"
Telecommunicators Emergency Response Taskforce (TERT) Basic Certified
Trained Glock Armourer
Trained M16/M4/AR15 Armourer
Apprentice Gunsmith

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:08 am

Glad to have you, interrogate.
-A. Zombie

"All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes"

Davo

Post by Davo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 pm

I would like to participate as well, but I don't have bandwidth to hold an office. I'm not able to be active with ZSC:025 much at all.

I'm in DeKalb, just outside of Clarkston.
Image Image

Tenderfoot
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland; The Walking Dead

Post by Tenderfoot » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm here as well. Been out of the loop for a while due to work and family obligations. Looking forward to getting back involved.
"You never know when something will need to be stabbed after being shot repeatedly..."
Local gunstore clerk talking about bayonets

Slugg
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Book of Eli
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Slugg » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:20 am

Tenderfoot wrote:I'm here as well. Been out of the loop for a while due to work and family obligations. Looking forward to getting back involved.
Glad to hear you are around. You're about an hour drive north of me if you are still in Flowery Branch. We would definatley be glad to see you at the upcoming charity events and meetings.
The future is for those who prepare.

Slugg
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Slugg » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:45 am

Davo wrote:I would like to participate as well, but I don't have bandwidth to hold an office. I'm not able to be active with ZSC:025 much at all.

I work only about 20 minutes from you. So how do split up your time like that. You work in Dekalb, but live in WNC?

Davo

Post by Davo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:22 am

Slugg wrote:
Davo wrote:I would like to participate as well, but I don't have bandwidth to hold an office. I'm not able to be active with ZSC:025 much at all.

I work only about 20 minutes from you. So how do split up your time like that. You work in Dekalb, but live in WNC?
Well, I was living in WNC on weekends, working 40 hours between noon Monday and noon Friday in Doraville. My wife was spending every other week up there. I couldn't find a job up there, and then I got laid off here, and stopped making the trip for a while.

Now I work in Norcross, and we only make it up 5-6 times a year for a 4-5 day weekend. But 320 miles is a bit far to the bugout location if we have to walk; my place up there is north of Boone.

I updated my location, that should make more sense.
Image Image

Davo

Post by Davo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:39 am

So, for the record, I have my HAM license but don't really use it, am (or was) CERTified, and shoot a few times a year.

At one time I was a 96B2P in the Army, and later a HAZMAT and CPR instructor at DeKalb Medical Center.
Image Image

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:01 pm

Tenderfoot wrote:I'm here as well. Been out of the loop for a while due to work and family obligations. Looking forward to getting back involved.
Good to have you guys! You're both in the same general area as most of the rest of us. Less than an hour from almost everyone we have on board right now. We're currently trying to schedule our first volunteer event, our reinstatement event. Let us know if you can make it out! We're also looking for as many opinions as we can get while we're re-starting the chapter. So let us know what you want to do and see and we'll do our best to make it happen.
-A. Zombie

KJ4ZDD
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by KJ4ZDD » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:15 pm

Yay, this thread is now a sticky!

And, I realize I haven't posted here yet. So, here goes:

Name: KJ4ZDD (George)
Interests: I'm a ham radio operator, interested in emergency power, and teaching others about radio technology.

Note: emergency power encompasses several fields of study, from battery chemistry, to generators, to solar panels, and wind turbines to name a few. Going more in depth, this involves Lead Acid, Alkaline, Zinc-Air, Nickel Cadmium, Nickel Metal-Hydride, Lithium-Ion, Lithium-Iron-Phosphate, etc., small engine repair, types of fuel, fuel storage, fuel stabilizers, electrical grounding, multi-phase wiring, load limits, charge controllers, Ohm's Law, structural engineering in regards to tower stability, and on and on. Feel free to ask me about any of these.
KJ4ZDD of ZSC-016 -.- .--- ....- --.. -.. -..
General Class / Fleet#ZS-0511

Alylee

Post by Alylee » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Just joined! My husband and I saw you guys at the prepper expo today and we have been wanting to meet other preppers in the area so this sounds great. We are in Walton county.
ZSC:0016

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Alylee wrote:Just joined! My husband and I saw you guys at the prepper expo today and we have been wanting to meet other preppers in the area so this sounds great. We are in Walton county.
Welcome! You can learn more about us and get a feel for what we're about by viewing this ZSC:016 subforum, and we'd love to see you both at our next meeting in September. If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself or just post it on the forum and someone'll get back to you as quickly as we can.

If I may ask, what areas of prepping are you most interested in and/or want to learn more about? If it's not something that a member has already mentioned in the past, I'll add it to our list of future activities and class ideas.
-A. Zombie

Alylee

Post by Alylee » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:03 pm

I have been browsing the forum a little bit tonight- is there a meeting date for September?

I think the biggest reason I started prepping was to prepare for natural disasters, the snow storm two years ago got me thinking about living without electricity, water, etc. I want to learn about gardening because I have no idea where to even start with that lol! I like all realms of prepping though and find it all interesting.

I'm a public school teacher, so I feel like organization is my biggest strength when it comes to prepping because organization is such a big part of my job.

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:24 pm

I will make a separate post about our September meeting once I discuss a potential scheduling error with our officers, but we are currently looking at September 19th for our next meeting.

I completely understand where you approach prepping from. I wasn't in Georgia during the snow storm two years ago, I was in North Dakota, where the threats of snow were always a potential problem. So I had similar concerns.

A lot of us have at least some interest in gardening, with varying levels of experience with it. That is one skill I don't think we'd have any trouble scheduling a few classes around and getting some hands on experience somewhere.
-A. Zombie

Alylee

Post by Alylee » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:26 am

I'm excited to be here! I'm going to definitely try to make the meeting :D

Slugg
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Slugg » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:37 pm

Welcome Alylee! I am glad you found interests in some of the stuff we are doing. Early next year my wife and her mother tend to do a lot of both vegetable and flower gardening so that is down the road for us. We are also going to work on something with O.D Green to can the harvest of next year that might interest you.

Alylee

Post by Alylee » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Thanks for the welcome! :)

CATM_850513

Post by CATM_850513 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:58 pm

I'm DeKalb CERT and Fire Rescue Reserve; I was at the preparedness fair last weekend and learned of you guys while I was there.

I've been lurking for a week and joined the forums today. I'm looking for another outlet for my insanity and this seems like a pretty good place; plus I like the fact that you're active within the community. I haven't joined ZS yet but I most likely will in the very near future.

I'm pretty sure my Fire Rescue VOD partner wants to join as well so we'll probably be at the next meeting.

Davo

Post by Davo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Super - Welcome!
Image Image

O.D. Green
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead both original and remake

Post by O.D. Green » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Great, welcome
Historia est magistra vitae

Dorsai

Post by Dorsai » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:11 pm

So what does it take to officially join this chapter? Just post here, show up to a meeting, defeat someone in hand-to-hand combat, or...?

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Zombie » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:15 am

We got rid of the hand-to-hand combat initiation a while back, I'm afraid.

Post here, introduce yourself, contribute a bit and show up to a meeting when you can. We don't have membership fees or anything like that currently. You can be as active as you want to be. Obviously, we'd love it if you could show up to the meetings and give us your input and volunteer at/attend events and such, but it's all up to you. (but if you're not doing any of those things, I don't know what you're getting out of your "membership", haha).
-A. Zombie

Return to “ZSC:016”