zsc:010 membership questions

Discussion forum for the United Kingdom ZS chapter

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

freenarative
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombie land, 28 days/weeks later (viral outbreak not zombie but still,,,,)

zsc:010 membership questions

Post by freenarative » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:11 am

Ok, I know I'm new here but am concidering showing my commitment by becoming a fully payed up member of the ZS. I would like to ask though if there are any uk payed up members and if so,,, was it worth the $15usd? Any comments or advice is welcomed.
Drichar Deis wrote:Sledge hammer to the forehead, night night cow ;)
Prepping; Why prep? Well just think of it as a physical form of insurance. You insure your home "just in case" it gets robbed. Why not prep "just in case" the poop hits the propeller?

K9medic

Re: zsc:010 membership questions

Post by K9medic » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:14 am

If I remember correctly payed up members names show up in Green :) Cant really say I gained anything out of being a "payed up member". If the Chapter opens again it means we can vote on chapter matters etc.
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:40 am

You get to call your self a fully paid up member :D You get too feel good about supporting a fun and enjoyable NFP organisation.
Having the Card in your wallet is a good way to get people interested ('here look, I'm a member of ZS).
But you don't get that many benefit's in terms of the forum's and as there's no active chapter stuff going on, you don't miss out on that by not being a member.

It's a luxury item for me. I waited a few motnhs to renew while I was tight, and when I had a little spare, I bought it again.
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

freenarative
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombie land, 28 days/weeks later (viral outbreak not zombie but still,,,,)

Post by freenarative » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:19 am

I think then,,, I'll wait till ZSC:X Becomes active again before getting membership. And if it hasn't become so by this time next year I'm getting us up and running ;)
Prepping; Why prep? Well just think of it as a physical form of insurance. You insure your home "just in case" it gets robbed. Why not prep "just in case" the poop hits the propeller?

mattltm

Post by mattltm » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:03 am

Hi freenarative,

We are currently in the process of getting the chapter running again but it is an "interesting" process!

I should make a post on the progress maybe. Anyway, welcome :D
"Spooky action at a distance."

absw

Post by absw » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:36 pm

mattltm wrote:I should make a post on the progress maybe.
That would be interesting if you could :)

freenarative

Post by freenarative » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:59 am

Fantastic. I may be new here, but, can I proffer a helping hand? anything I can do to help a charity organization like ZS is always personally worthwhile.

freenarative

Post by freenarative » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:01 am

mattltm wrote:Hi freenarative,

We are currently in the process of getting the chapter running again but it is an "interesting" process!

I should make a post on the progress maybe. Anyway, welcome :D

If you need a hand just send me a PM Sir. TY

freenarative

Post by freenarative » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:58 pm

well... I bit the bullet and payed up. I's now a full member,,,,,,,, well when they process my app and send me the card lol ;)

mattltm

Post by mattltm » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:33 am

Welcome to the card holders club. :D

Witch Doctor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun Of The Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, Land Of The Dead, Dead Snow, 28 Days Later, cocknies versus zombies, 28 weeks later, dog soldiers,

Post by Witch Doctor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:00 pm

So on your membership card, do you have to provide a passport photo or something? and does it show your real name, or your username?
The Seven P's:
Prior Planning and Preperation Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

freenarative

Post by freenarative » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Drichar Deis wrote:So on your membership card, do you have to provide a passport photo or something? and does it show your real name, or your username?
you can send ANY photo you like, it needs to be sent online though. if you cant/don't send one your card appears blank/white. lol,,, like a marshmallow in a snow drift. and it shows the name you put in,, I used my screen name.

Hope this helps. definitely worth it. you're helping a charity you see.

absw

Post by absw » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Drichar Deis wrote:So on your membership card, do you have to provide a passport photo or something? and does it show your real name, or your username?

freenarative

Post by freenarative » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:21 am

WOOP! I finally got my greenie! I'm now a fully payed up member,,,, officially. lol.

mattltm

Post by mattltm » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Yay! Welcome to the club :D

Just in time for something special too...

K9medic

Post by K9medic » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:40 pm

mattltm wrote: Just in time for something special too...
We having Rhubarb crumble????????? :D
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

freenarative

Post by freenarative » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:33 am

K9medic wrote:
mattltm wrote: Just in time for something special too...
We having Rhubarb crumble????????? :D
Nah,,,,,apple crumble and cuss-tard. yummers!

but seriously,,,, "something special"???

mattltm

Post by mattltm » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:52 am

Free stuff for paid up members!

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 80&t=75676

OK, a torch may be a bit naff but it's a start!

K9medic

Post by K9medic » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:30 pm

So no Rhubarb crumble then :roll:

Apache

Post by Apache » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Still don't see any reason to pay any money? I don't want my username green, I hope I give a bit back to the forum and gain a little in return. This is what it should be about, not paying for the privilege. Why not have an ad banner that I can ignore like all other sites and keep it free for all?

I have friends in real life, I don't expect to ever meet any of you! I do things for charity close to my own home.
crypto wrote:So, yeah, well be fucked when theres no more antibiotics, but so will all the old people without boners.

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Apache wrote:Still don't see any reason to pay any money? I don't want my username green, I hope I give a bit back to the forum and gain a little in return. This is what it should be about, not paying for the privilege. Why not have an ad banner that I can ignore like all other sites and keep it free for all?

I have friends in real life, I don't expect to ever meet any of you! I do things for charity close to my own home.
You miss the point.
Man is a beast of prey

Apache

Post by Apache » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:30 pm

the_alias wrote:You miss the point.
Which is?
crypto wrote:So, yeah, well be fucked when theres no more antibiotics, but so will all the old people without boners.

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 pm

I'll attempt to address your points then and explain 'the point'.
First off I think you are 100% entitled to not sign up or want to, I do however feel it worth addressing some of your points and trying to explain the 'point' so to speak.
Apache wrote:Still don't see any reason to pay any money? I don't want my username green, I hope I give a bit back to the forum and gain a little in return. This is what it should be about, not paying for the privilege. Why not have an ad banner that I can ignore like all other sites and keep it free for all?

Not wanting your username green - sorry green isn't your colour :lol:

I don't think there is a suggestion that paying = some magical input of being a valued member. Plenty of people who aren't green for whatever reason give into the forum. I did before I went green.

What ZombieSquad is about is spreading the idea of being prepared - that having supplies on hand in case of a disaster is a prudent idea and one we should try and encourage amongst the general public.
The forum is a vehicle for spreading that message and starting debate about it.
Becoming a member is just a small monetary contribution that
a) you agree with the message and want to help ZS spread it be it in St Louis, Seattle, Canberra, London, Berlin.
b) allows you to network and form a charity group within the umbrella organisation (zombie pun not intended!) to spread the message in your area.

There is also NO talk about closing off the forum to non paying members so I don't quite understand the ad-banner suggestion.
Whatsmore I find that is a somewhat cynical point of view - I'd rather a community of people came together to fund something themselves than sell a bunch of advertisements to businesses but hey that is just me.
There is a certain importance in the fact it matters enough for people to step up and pay to help support the mission. Instead of just passively agreeing to be bombarded by advertisements.

I also have friends in real life - are you somehow suggesting you are better than members who wish to meet up from a shared interest? I'm happy I was open minded in meeting "people from the internet" and became mates with a few, one whom I most certainly count as a friend. I mean yeah fair enough you don't have to want to either, run a mile from us :mrgreen:
It is also great you do charity events closer to home! I, as a young man, am glad I've found a group which makes charity more appealing and promotes a cause I believe in. ZS brought me around to the idea of charity and that is one reason I took the time to sign up and sling $15 their way. The others being already stated.
Oh and I get a card saying I'm a member of an elite Zombie Killing team :wink:

ta for reading.
Man is a beast of prey

freenarative

Post by freenarative » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:23 pm

the_alias wrote: Not wanting your username green - sorry green isn't your colour :lol:
pmsl. shame it's not pink. :)

Here are some of the reasons I gave $15; to support ZS,,,keep it banner free,,,,help a charity etc etc ad infinitum.

However a cogent simile would be "would you prefer to spend £5 buying a dvd to watch through in one go or would you prefer to get the dvd for free but have a 2 minute advert every 10 minutes of the film that you cant fast forward through?" I know which I'd prefer.

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:010”