U.K. Home winter preps

Discussion forum for the United Kingdom ZS chapter

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

mattltm

U.K. Home winter preps

Post by mattltm » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:59 pm

With the snow from last winter in mind...

1. Did you prep your home last winter?
2. Did your preps work?
3. What are your home preps for this winter and is there anything different?
"Spooky action at a distance."

col fallen angel

Re: U.K. Home winter preps

Post by col fallen angel » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:30 am

Yes I prepped last winter, not enough though we had major problems with the ice on the path outside a friend had to bring tools to clear it due to the salt shortage, I do store food and things like medication
Food wasn't really an issue we did run out of things like bread and milk though and the stores were empty when I got there with the delivery trucks snowed in.
The preps didn't quite work last year so I've replanned my preps for the coming winter.
This year we're well stocked up on extra food and long life milk I'm adding extra TP too

man_of_tanith
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later
Dead Set-not a movie but damn good tv series

Post by man_of_tanith » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:05 am

Didn't prep as such last year as i was still living at my parents which has a lot of stuff that whilst not preps as such worked just as well (dad's an old farmer so all sorts of gubbins lurking about)
Having moved in with lady of tanith recently i intend to have a stockpile of salt, shovels and other tools that might be needed. longlife milk and assorted foods will be got in next month. i have most of my camping equipment here as well so not lacking in stoves, warm clothing, spare bedding etc.
Only the wilderness is pure truth

Motor_Oil

Post by Motor_Oil » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi,

Last year i did not prepare, and i did not get that hard hit. Only lost one day of work due to the office closing. Had no issues as my car is AWD and i know how to drive it in snow and ice. I think some shops where a bit short but if you where not fussy you could get the basics.

I do have all my camping and hill survival gear at home and a large ammount of my millitary kit too also my skis. This year i might invest in winter tyres thou as i have been warned this winter and the next few maybe even worse (even talk of the gulf stream collapsing).

Will be upgrading to an offroad 4x4 by following winter, just because i want one really, but also my ground clearance nearly ment me having to get out my car before continuing.

I did learn that undertaking a snowplow / gritter on the motorway may not be the best plan but there was no real issue there either :).

Al

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:010”