Everyone going ok through the snow?

Discussion forum for the United Kingdom ZS chapter

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

Svothe
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Everyone going ok through the snow?

Post by Svothe » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Going to start being a prepper I think as the winters seem to be getting increasingly worse, I may as well prepare a bit and bug-in this year.

A few pictures from my surrounding lands, Sorry, most the pictures are of the new puppies as we got them a week before christmas. (Black and White are the pups (Beagle/BorderCollie), the two older ones are my Beagle/Doberman and Beagle/Terrier.)

And Just because I think they're gorgeous...

I didnt have too much, by the end we had maybe 3 inches of snow, sadly most the pictures are of the first day or so of snow. This is from Bedfordshire.

P.S Why there all beagle cross something is because we get the ones the local hunt accidentally breed.

Ms-oldish-brit
Favorite Zombie Movies: Er - sorry - never watched one - they scare me too much (even worse than Dr Who!)

Post by Ms-oldish-brit » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Oh bother! I posted a reply to this ahout lovely dogs, but it's got lost in the ether (or I posted it in the wrong place!)

If it appears twice, I apologise.

Anyway, gorgeous dogs. I've found prepping in can help even if only for a twisted ankle or 'not-swine-flu' flu - depends on whom, if anyone, you're living with, how old/young they are, whether you're responsible for them and how independent you like to be!

I have loads of dog food, but have just realised I need to get more meds for the older one well before we run out, instead of leaving it to the last minute, - just in case.

Some people make BOBs for their dogs, si if they have to BO the dogs can carry their own food - if you're interested, try the search function. If you have problems finding them, do say.
I love zombies - if I'm a decent level AD&D cleric!

Svothe
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Svothe » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:10 am

Sounds interesting, doubt my little ones could lug around a pack though sadly. Got three or so of the big bags of dog food all cupboarded up, enough for about half a year- a year depending on how hungry they get. There dry food dogs so no problems with storage luckily, and if they get hungry on a walk they just run off, grab a rabbit out of nowhere and come trotting back with a big grin on there face. Hell, they do that when there not hungry as well :P

Ms-oldish-brit
Favorite Zombie Movies: Er - sorry - never watched one - they scare me too much (even worse than Dr Who!)

Post by Ms-oldish-brit » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Cool! Isn't the rabbit almost as big as they are though?! :lol:

Our younger (9) smaller lab recently pegged :oops: a young muntjac - definitely almost as big as she is. She was persuaded to let go of it, and it was fine.

And no, I'm not doing BoBs for mine either; they're too old and one has joint problems.
I love zombies - if I'm a decent level AD&D cleric!

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:010”