sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

Re: UK legal weaponry reviews

Post by sheddi » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Beat me to it!

I was about to suggest an ABC-rated dry powder fire extinguisher as a good thing to keep on hand for all manner of domestic and personal emergencies.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

K9medic

Post by K9medic » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:25 pm

I used to keep a CO2 extinguisher at the front door of the night club. Lot of noise and clouds of gas disorientate people and if it’s in a confined space the CO2 drops the oxygen levels a bit and can make people feel sleepy :lol: .

Plus we never needed to explain to the police why we had two extinguisher’s on the wall next to the door.
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

mattltm

Post by mattltm » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:55 pm

My only question would be about the legality of carrying a fire extinguisher around with you. I mean would it fall under the firearms act as it "prohibits any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing." I.E. would CO2 be considered a noxious gas?

I'm not sure if you could EDC a fire extinguisher and stay on the right side of the law?
"Spooky action at a distance."

Afromonk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the dead :D

Post by Afromonk » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:10 pm

CO2 as in Carbon dioxide?
One of the most common gases?
I doubt it, put it this way.
The one i have in my car, can easily be carried and used for a fire and i mean thats the "purpose" of a fire extinguisher.
But hey if Johnny criminal tries to stab me and gets an eyeful of foam or a mouthful of CO2 then it was self defence :)

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Post by andygates » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Common gas in a common iron club with a common convenient handle. You'd still have to pass the attitude test if challenged by the police.

OTOH, like you say, it's a sensible thing to have handy in a vehicle anyway (I wouldn't sleep in my camper without one: the thought of an electrical fire in a closed metal box full of fuel gives me the heebs) -- which makes it easy to pass that attitude test so long as you're not a dick. :)

CO2 is your friend. Powder makes one hell of a mess and can screw up air-exposed electrics. Getting blasted by CO2 is pretty compelling (yes, I was a student dick).
Czechnology: "If you have to ask an internet forum for confirmation on whether or not a Revolution is coming, the answer is always no."

Free UK & Ireland Street and Topo maps for Garmin: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps (updated weekly) - OpenStreetMap

mattltm

Post by mattltm » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:51 pm

That all sounds good then. I do like the fact the the "UV Personal Attack Defence Spray" stains the attacker for a while after the attack though.
"Spooky action at a distance."

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:010”