3 Network

Discussion forum for the United Kingdom ZS chapter

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

hague720
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn O the Dead

3 Network

Post by hague720 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:26 pm

How many have experience of this network ??

In particular the video calling side of things .....

Where are you located in the country??

how cheap do you find it compared to other networks you have used??

H
OPEN CHANNEL D MR SOLO...

http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss64/thomas720/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

K9medic

Re: 3 Network

Post by K9medic » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:34 pm

I use the T-moble dongle when I'm away from home. I dont always get 3G coverage, but when I do I can view videos ok. If its not not reciving 3G its a little slow, but usable. I pay about £10 a month so I'm not complaining.
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

hague720

Post by hague720 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:44 pm

what about on the 3 phones with face to face video conferencing ?

Is it still a bit "Max Headroom"??.....(apologies for the younger amongst us )(try youtube) :lol:

H

http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss64/thomas720/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:30 am

Fuck 3 to be honest. I'm with them now and it kind of sucks:

Foreign call centers with TERRIBLE sound quality. The people working there, India I assume, are great and fine BUT the quality of the line is always rubbish.

Coverage is pretty patchy in all honesty.

I'm pretty sure they sold my number to some company who tried calling me a few times ALTHOUGH that could be phones4u.

They also tried to cut me off when I was making numerous calls abroad and said I was running out of credit... :roll: They basically implied I wasn't good for the money I was spending. Twats.

Also they have quite crappy customer service, hard to get through to anyone important to help you.

Yeh not worth it mate.
Man is a beast of prey

MarkyBoy

Post by MarkyBoy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:47 am

K9medic wrote:I use the T-moble dongle when I'm away from home. I dont always get 3G coverage, but when I do I can view videos ok. If its not not reciving 3G its a little slow, but usable. I pay about £10 a month so I'm not complaining.
The privacy policies that come with these dongles are awful. The telcos can basically do whatever they want with whatever information they can find out about you. i.e. sell details of you and your browsing habits to whoever is willing to pay.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:27 am

Quick! Don the tinfoil hats before one of us comits a thought-crime.

hague720

Post by hague720 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:51 pm

well u do sort of get a free laptop !!! ahem sort of

Skydiver

Post by Skydiver » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:59 am

I've heard nothing but bad about 3, and it looks like that's not changed :)

krootox1986
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead (original), shaun of the dead, dead set

Post by krootox1986 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:04 am

i been with 3 for nigh on 2 years now. no contract worries or problems it was the cheapest contract i could find for what i got which was why i joined but now i just love it. not to mention you can get unlimited mobile internet for a fiver where my mate on orange has a 1GB allowance for 7.50 you also can download skype and use it to call as much as you want skype-to-skype. I get signal most places even in brecon. I don't do video calling so i couldn't help you that side of things dude. Hope i r have benn helping of you :-)
Make mine an Ale

TC

Post by TC » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:44 am

the_alias wrote:Fuck 3 to be honest. I'm with them now and it kind of sucks:

Foreign call centers with TERRIBLE sound quality. The people working there, India I assume, are great and fine BUT the quality of the line is always rubbish.

Coverage is pretty patchy in all honesty.

I'm pretty sure they sold my number to some company who tried calling me a few times ALTHOUGH that could be phones4u.

They also tried to cut me off when I was making numerous calls abroad and said I was running out of credit... :roll: They basically implied I wasn't good for the money I was spending. Twats.

Also they have quite crappy customer service, hard to get through to anyone important to help you.

Yeh not worth it mate.
This.

My girlfriend had a six month contract with them and it was a nightmare. She uses one of those ultra low end Nokias built primarily for developing nation sale, since she doesn't want/need a lot of fancy features. A month or two into her contract, 3 decided to cut off access to all non-3G phones, basically leaving her with a contract for a sim card that didn't work in her phone.

The cheapest phone they had that would work cost £80. She wasn't given any warning of this, they just decided to do it over night. In the end she had to borrow her friend's old 3G phone who had just upgraded to a new one. When we tried to complain, the brain dead staff wanted nothing to do with it, they just kept droning on in a monotone voice about how it was a new policy to only have 3G phones on the 3 network. Thanks for telling us the same information that we just told you back to us again....

When it came time to cancel the contract she gave the bloke in the call center in a galaxy far, far away that she wanted to cancel her contract because she was leaving the country and had no need for it any more (partly true, she's leaving for a month, but the old "I'm leaving the country" is fairly useful when dealing with these fuckers). Unfortunately this did not compute apparently and after the fifth time of repeating the fact that she was going away to the other side of the world the guy then tried to start offering her some sort of new deal for the two days between the end of her contract and her getting on the plane. He couldn't grasp the fact that someone could live without a mobile phone for two days.

So, in conclusion, avoid 3 like the plague. I am well aware that all phone companies tend to be massive heaps of turd, but 3 really takes the shitty biscuit and then proceeds to ram said biscuit right down your poor, non-3G compatible, able to live without a phone for two days, throat.
KentsOkay wrote: I immediately thought about calling 911, but once we got to the T stop and got her out of her jeans, things seemed to be going a lot better.
TC's Defence of the Realm Target Download

Brash
Favorite Zombie Movies: NOTLD, Dawn of the Dead (Original), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, Special Dead.

Post by Brash » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:41 am

I had a bunch of problems with 3 when I was with them. Now I'm with Orange. I still have problems but they are different problems and fewer in number. Like their top up network on the paypoint machines going down randomly. Only happens with Orange for some reason. Only problem besides that was actually activating my new phone because their website is a pain in the arse. Customer service was great and sorted it out fairly quickly for me though. 3 customer service on the other hand are a nightmare to deal with.

krootox1986
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead (original), shaun of the dead, dead set

Post by krootox1986 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 am

well i'm just giving my opinion and i really like 3. Their customer service is fine for me. The worst company i've ever gone with was orange in all fairness. Vodafone weren't much better but virgin and 3 have been excellent.
Make mine an Ale

Brash
Favorite Zombie Movies: NOTLD, Dawn of the Dead (Original), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, Special Dead.

Post by Brash » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:41 am

What problems did you have with Orange mate?

krootox1986

Post by krootox1986 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:13 am

it was pay as you go related. sometimes the number you call to top up your phone wouldn't work. then sometimes my credit wouldn't be added on and i had a problem with my swipe card and when i would ring up the company they would honestly put the most stupid person on the phone. Whats the point of british call centres when they hire idiots who can hardly speak the language anyway???
Make mine an Ale

Hudson

Post by Hudson » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:18 am

krootox1986 wrote:Whats the point of british call centres when they hire idiots who can hardly speak the language anyway???
Now now...Leave the Scousers out of this!
Doctor Z. wrote: “That’s it! New rule! We never – ever – put ANYTHING in the puppy’s butt!”

Brash

Post by Brash » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Having dealt with scouser call centres I found myself praying for an indian accent when I called.

hague720

Post by hague720 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: - hornets nest methinks !!

but plenty of info to go on though :D

thanks one and all for their feedback

H

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:010”