Role Call ZS:X (UK)

Discussion forum for the United Kingdom ZS chapter

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

LilDaemon
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days, 28 Weeks, Resident Evil movies, Shaun of the Dead

Re: Role Call ZS:X (UK)

Post by LilDaemon » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:46 am

Brit-ZedHunter wrote:...and by meet and greet... i mean go to the pub :lol:
+1

Welcome to all the new people! Glad to have you around :D
We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
Do not compute the totality of your poultry population until all the manifestations of incubation have been entirely completed. - William Jennings Bryan

Hudson

Post by Hudson » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:05 pm

Sod it. It's been long enough; but I'll join in this while I'm here.

NAME:
Jasiok/Dave/Torpor/Amanda. (Day dependant).

Image I am a lifting robot.

SKILLS:
Hiking, making curries, shooting, First Aider (Once upon a time!) Fast Rescue craft/Speedboats and the like, and probably a load more useless things I've forgotten.

WHAT DO I WANT TO GET OUT OF THE UK CHAPTER?
Free cake. And you know...fun.
Same thing.

RANDOM STUFF
I once shattered a man's face off. (May not be true).
I Went to sea for nearly three years and forgot almost everything. (May be True).
Doctor Z. wrote: “That’s it! New rule! We never – ever – put ANYTHING in the puppy’s butt!”

ais4122
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by ais4122 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:28 pm

Just a foreign guest/visitor to your site, but I will play by your rules

Name Paul

Occupation Detective

Skills Prior service New York Army National Guard, Captain Infantry 13years plenty of fieldcraft, tactics, weapons and survival training. Self taught Armorer/ novice gunsmith
trained Emergency Medical Technician, criminal investigations, interview interrogations, surveillance training, street survival training.

What will I get out of ZSX New ideas for survival prep ( we tend to rely heavily on superior firepower on this side of the pond) getting ideas not dominated by packing heat.
Aim small, Miss small

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=30558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

K9medic

Post by K9medic » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:21 pm

We have rules ? nobody told me. Anyway welome in and if you need a drink drop by the bar.
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

Skydiver

Post by Skydiver » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:01 am

NAME:
Vikki
Carer
SKILLS:
Enthusiasm, energy, fearlessness, common sense, insight, analytical mind, focus, venomous and agressive snake handling (you never know when that might come in handy) general animal husbandry, first aid, decorative scarification, general outdoorsey stuff.
Knowledge, friendship, experience.
RANDOM STUFF
Randomness.... well I am generally quite an adrenaline and adventure junkie - having a basic knowledge and skill in a number of extreme sports like skydiving, climbing, kayaking, rafting and most recently surfing. I love the freedom of freefall almost as much as I love sitting on a deserted beach on a river or sea listening to the sounds of the water while lying back and watching the stars or clouds. I love to walk barefoot, especially on a summers day when the ground is warm.
Last edited by Skydiver on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

azzcobb

Post by azzcobb » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 am

hello all new member,

azz cobb

occupation
building estimator
skills
good target shooter, firearms permits and lotsa rifles, trained with japanese weaponry for many years, good with all things computers
located in oxfordshire
don't hesitate... Pull the trigger

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:28 am

Welcome Aboard!

Krolus
28 Weeks Later
All the resident evil flicks

Post by Krolus » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:53 am

Hi all

NAME:
Rob

Carpenter by trade but now flying a desk as a project surveyor

SKILLS:
Carpentry and general building skills im also good at finding a practical solution to a problem

Ive come to realise Im getting older and fatter and would die within a week if the SHTF. Thats quite worrying to me so instead of worrying I would like to do something about it.

RANDOM STUFF
My son is 14 and im trying desperatly to pry him away from his computer with the lure of camping and bushcraft type skills. Hes humoring me at the moment for the prospect of knives and fire. Although he is quite useless, he even cut himself making some ranger bands from a bike inner tube :roll: It would be nice to spend some time with him doing Dad and Son stuff before I lose him to university girls and motorbikes. :mrgreen:

Big and Daft

Post by Big and Daft » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:32 pm

Could of sworn i'd posted in this thread. Oh well, better late than never:

Name:
Mark, live near Bury in Manchester.

Customer Service Advisor (I work in a tile shop :()

Skills:
Good skills - I can shoot at clay pigeons and paper targets quite well, I can drive a fork lift truck.
Dull skills - I can identify most ceramic tiles the company I work for have manufactued in the last 15 years or so and I can spend much more money than I can earn.

What do I want to get out of the UK chapter:
I'm not really sure to be honest. Its just nice to know there are like minded people living in the UK, to learn new and interesting stuff from.

Random Stuff:
I used to play american football for the Lancashire Wolverines, I played at centre and guard and i'm going to Boston in December to watch the New England Patriots.

RagnarThorson
Favorite Zombie Movies: most Ramero ones! but diary of the dead sucks big style!

Post by RagnarThorson » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:31 pm

NAME:
Ragnar (yes thats my real name! my mum went ape shit when i changed it!)

I programme the internets for a jolly nice company in devon!

SKILLS:
dotNet (c#), cooking indoors and out, field crafts, techy stuff in general, basic first aid, CPO related (threat analysis, protection etc), camping, hunting food prep, fire!!!!!!!!!!

have a laugh, network and generally have fun!

RANDOM STUFF
I once drank 48 cans of 'bow in one weekend and wasnt ill!
Jager bombs give me super powers
I'm going to invent A.I. akin to skynet! lol
Am Pagan and want a viking woman!!!

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:53 pm

NAME: Leap

OCCUPATION: Used to be a Therapeutic Childcare Worker providing care and support for some of the UK's most traumatised children. Been unemployed due to injury for two months, which has given me more time for hiking and camping.

SKILLS: Creative problem solving, negotiation, mind control. Bit of martial arts and all-round general outdoor/camping/survival knowledge. Making sandwiches with weird combinations of ingredients. A cool head, quick reactions and a calming influence.

WHAT DO I WANT TO GET OUT OF THE UK CHAPTER?: Wish I knew! Sharing knowledge/thoughts/ideas/suggestions/etc. with likeminded people. Learning, getting motivated, keeping busy.

RANDOM STUFF: I once won the silver medal in the Greek national kickboxing championships. I failed my GCSE's, failed my A-Levels, but have a Master's Degree in Fine Art, and yet I really know nothing about art. I don't get lost, I just go "exploring". I never dream.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:55 pm

A hearty welcome, good to have you with us.

ForgeCorvus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quite liked 'Dead Set'
'28 Days Later'
and think that 'Shaun of the Dead' is a great poke at the whole Z-flick thing

Post by ForgeCorvus » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:32 am

I'm new here, so this is by way of a 'Hi'

Name
Harry or Crow......depends
Occupation
Something boring in a plastic moulders
Skills
I make stuff.....metal, wood, leather, cloth, clay its all the same to me (just not good when it comes to too many moving parts, so engines are out)
What do I want to get out of ZSUK
Don't know yet, just hanging with some like minded 'nutters'*
Random stuff
I build crossbows and seige engines for use at larps, and armour for that and re-enactment
I shoot a 75lb longbow and have won prizes at county level (for 'clout' rather then target)
I can throw things fairly well

* for a given value of 'nutters' :D
Last edited by ForgeCorvus on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm English, our Government doesn't trust us to have real guns........or decent pocket knives for that matter
Good job theres no such thing as a Trebuchet licence :D

Winner, PMBoB
LowKey wrote:INCH bags are to lifeboats what BOBs are to life vests.

man_of_tanith
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later
Dead Set-not a movie but damn good tv series

Post by man_of_tanith » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:23 am

Name
Man of Tanith's good for now

Occupation
support worker for elderly adults with learning disabilities,physical disabilities and mental health issues

Skills
Expedition First Aid trained, Fire lighting, Navigation, Food preservation, Growing Fruit and Veg, Homebrewing, Drinking my own body weight in tea.

What do i want out of ZSUK?
Having been a prepper since before the Y2K surge (what a let down that was :() i was relieved to find others in the united kingdom who have the same mindset so its just nice to be here with all you lovely people.

Random Stuff
Badgers stole my spoon
Attended woodsmokes introduction to bushcraft course where i learnt a little on top of self taught things.
shall be attending two courses at woodlore next year. One a week long introduction to bushcraft course-attending with other half. One a week long axe workshop learning assorted things to do with axes thus hopefully allowing me to do things for shelter etc saving having to lug so much stuff around with me.
courses allow me to do things i cannot get away with in my camping areas ie fell trees
Only the wilderness is pure truth

theonewhoismatt

Post by theonewhoismatt » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:37 am

NAME:
Matt or towim (nickname)

Senior Manager at a large Health & Leisure club

SKILLS:
Trained to kill in 4 days (some people call it First Aid at Work?)
Fully Lifeguard qualified (pah)
Gear fanatic, two sheds, one supplies/one equipment for whatever needs.

A great place to meet new people and learn new skills and to pass knowledge for when the SHTF.

RANDOM STUFF
Secretary of the North East Wales mountaineering club (so access to lots of gear if need be). I am obsessed with going down old mines in north wales so I have a good knowledge of where to go underground to get safety from war, peace or people.

I once carried a wood pigeon to the butchers as a boy and he thought I was confused looking for a vets???

Im sure there is lots more for me to tell, but Hi all!

stefan2004

Post by stefan2004 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Name:

Stefan

CNC programmer

Skills:

Im a qualified CNC operator setter/programmer, I can machine precision parts (upto 0.0005" - five tenths) using CNC lathes, milling, plasma/laser/waterjet cutters + many other machining skills (im not great with manual machines however BUT I can operate manual cylindrical + surface grinders effectivally).

Im a very good shot - told so by my major when in the army cadets. Out of 200 people, I was only beaten by a senior sargent Cadet on the range. This is even more amusing considering it was the third time in my life that I shot a firearm and the gun wasnt zeroed.

Random stuff:

I know armoured vehicles inside out, a proper treadhead.

What Do I Want To Get Out Of The UK Chapter?

Friends & a team

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Welcome, great to have you with us.

Zortel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 Days Later, Junk, Shawn of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead

Post by Zortel » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Name: Ellen

Occupation: Hygiene Technician. AKA Cleaner. Looking to do something else.

Skills: General knowledge, knowledge of computers and computer accessories, health and safety training, customer service, COSHH knowledge, can make tea.

What do I want to get out of the UK Chapter? The usual. Knowledge, friendship, self-improvement and to be ready for whatever may come.

Random Information: I am fully trained in the operation and usage of the Cornetto Soft Machine, can use a floor buffer, attended St John's Ambulance Cadets and I clean toilets damn well.

Looking to learn First Aid at Work and to build on the essential skills that people need.

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:08 am

Welcome to ZS:X, I was wondering who it was saying such nice things about my "stove fuels" thread!
Zortel wrote:I am fully trained in the operation and usage of the Cornetto Soft Machine.
This is epic-level win :D
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

ForgeCorvus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quite liked 'Dead Set'
'28 Days Later'
and think that 'Shaun of the Dead' is a great poke at the whole Z-flick thing

Post by ForgeCorvus » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:08 pm

sheddi wrote:Welcome to ZS:X, I was wondering who it was saying such nice things about my "stove fuels" thread!
Zortel wrote:I am fully trained in the operation and usage of the Cornetto Soft Machine.
This is epic-level win :D
True :D

Don't you find its those little things that make life sweet

Zortel, when the zombies come you will be much sort after :lol:
I'm English, our Government doesn't trust us to have real guns........or decent pocket knives for that matter
Good job theres no such thing as a Trebuchet licence :D

Winner, PMBoB
LowKey wrote:INCH bags are to lifeboats what BOBs are to life vests.

OP1

Post by OP1 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Newbie - Kendal - Lake district - Cumbria

K9medic

Post by K9medic » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:39 am

Welcome OP1. I'm just over the hill in Northumberland. What you into ?
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

OP1

Post by OP1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:11 pm

K9medic wrote:Welcome OP1. I'm just over the hill in Northumberland. What you into ?
Nothing much unfortunately as I have 4 children to look after. I go caravaning with them and occasionally take my eldest camping. He 11 so is well into penknives and cool stuff. I am currently putting together a good bob/camping bag and will post pics when finished.

K9medic

Post by K9medic » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:34 pm

11 is a fun age, at that age the whole worlds cool. Lot of good info on here, this chapter puts a UK slant on the board. Will be intrested to see your idea of a bob.

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:010”