ZSC:010 Info

Discussion forum for the United Kingdom ZS chapter

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

Aeon

ZSC:010 Info

Post by Aeon » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:39 pm

<edit by Kyle>
This chapter is currently inactive so the following thread is outdated.
</edit>

Welcome to the Chapter 10 forum for the united Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Overseas Territories.
The following is really a brief outline of who we are and what we do.

The Chapter;
The chapter is the UK branch of ZS, we hold various meetings, events and fundraisers in the aid of charities. We are the 10th Chapter on ZS and you'll probably find that we've shortened ZSC:010 down to ZSX, cause it saved time and space...and was a proven 30% cooler. At present all members (be they dues-paying or forum-only) are covered by the ZSC:010 (ZSX) banner and are given automatic inclusion into the chapter.
***NOTE***
If you live in the UK and arn't able to post in the ZSX:010 forum please PM one of the forum mods and you'll be added to the access list.

The Officers;
As a chapter we have officers that volunteer their time and energy to administer, organise and moderate the chapters happenings. They are elected from paid-up members of ZS by the current chapter administration and are often recognised by the banner image in their signatures. Their roles include;
Chapter President - Primary contact for ZSHQ and the BoD. - This is Aeon
Vice-President - Secondary contact for ZSHQ & Event coordinator. - This position is currently vacant.
Treasurer - Chapter accountant. - This is Faerie
(Should chapter administration catch anyone impersonating an officer, they reserve the right to revoke that persons posting privileges within the ZSC:010 forum)
The moderators for this forum are: Brit-ZedHunter, Aeon, & Faerie

The Meetings;
Meetings are ways for us as members to meet up, have a drink and a chat and generally discuss chapter issues. There are two types; open and closed.
Open meetings are open to everyone; the public, forum and paid members alike and are good ways for us to recruit, to spread the word of preparation and to generally show the human side of ZS. Open meetings are every 3 months, although it can vary depending on whether there’s a big event taking place at the same time. Open meetings have their own forum space for discussion. The two primary venues for these meetings are; Birmingham, West Midlands. And Cardiff, Wales.
Closed meetings are open only to officers and are where we discuss not to public topics such as membership requests, administration and event plans. Closed meetings are every other month and will not feature their own discussion thread. Due to the distributed nature of the chapter it may be necessary for some closed meetings to be held in conference via Skype messenger, for details on this please email: zsc010@zombiehunters.org or PM a forum moderator. In the interest of progress please note that at least 2 of the closed meetings a year will involve a direct meeting between at least 2 or more officers.

The Events;
Events are how we raise funds, get our faces out there and generally do good. An event can be anything from simple fundraising to extravagant mock-bugout camping trips. Now that the UK has an official chapter we're authorized to use the ZS logo on our event promotional materials and be featured in other media. Events are typically heavily publicized around the forums and website, everyone is encouraged to participate in some way be it in the form of donations; attending an event; advertising the event; etc. There are two types of events too; open events and closed ones.
Open events are open to everyone; the public, forum and paid members alike and are ways for us to raise money, or otherwise volunteer. These are great ways to get stuck in and give back. There are 2 of these a year and depending on the choice of event can be centralized to one area or can be distributed, where all members are encouraged to do something in their local area. These events will have their own discussion threads which will be referenced in the Index.
Closed events are open to officers and paid members only and are our way of rewarding our members. Usually these include some form of leisure activity that’s designed to be fun yet somewhat educational. These events do cost, with a small portion of the cost being used for future events and the continuing upkeep of the chapter. Members who are eligible for attending these events will be PM'ed updates about them.

***NOTE***
All open meetings and events can be found in the Index.

Communication;
Should you have any additional questions or queries, please do not hesitate to PM any of the officers, or email zsc010@Zombiehunters.org
Skype details can also be obtained from all of the officers.
Last edited by Aeon on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeon

Re: ZSC:010 Info

Post by Aeon » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:29 pm

A quick note about signatures.
Its important to have some consistency throughout this volatile period whilst chapter admin are trying to solidify policies, cross T's and dot I's, so we've released some guidelines to keep all our signatures somewhat more standardised;

Images
Please keep all signature images to a maximum size of: 400px x 100px
ZS admin have yet to release an official chapter sig-banner and are working with us to this end, more information when it is available will be posted here.

Text:
Until proper signature images are created please adhere to the following standards;
All officers wishing to put a note in their signatures must follow this layout;
<Officer position>
ZSC:010- UK Chapter

For example:
Vice-President
All members (this means paid-members) wishing to put a note in their signatures must follow this layout;

For example:
All non-members (this means forum-only members) may not put a note in their signatures. This however may change in the near future.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:07 pm

The forum has been set to open, any member will now be able to post in the forum. This is on a trial basis and will be reevaluated at a later date. It is hoped that this will encourage our american brethren to post and contribute what they know, likewise that our own experts will continue to contribute to their respective forums on ZS.

ais4122
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by ais4122 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:36 am

Thanks for allowing the Americans into the forum. More experience and ideas to draw from is always a good thing.
Aeon wrote:The forum has been set to open, any member will now be able to post in the forum. This is on a trial basis and will be reevaluated at a later date. It is hoped that this will encourage our american brethren to post and contribute what they know, likewise that our own experts will continue to contribute to their respective forums on ZS.
Aim small, Miss small

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=30558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ForgeCorvus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quite liked 'Dead Set'
'28 Days Later'
and think that 'Shaun of the Dead' is a great poke at the whole Z-flick thing

Post by ForgeCorvus » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Dumb question maybe.

Why is this board listed as "INACTIVE (25 Oct 09) " ?
I'm English, our Government doesn't trust us to have real guns........or decent pocket knives for that matter
Good job theres no such thing as a Trebuchet licence :D

Winner, PMBoB
LowKey wrote:INCH bags are to lifeboats what BOBs are to life vests.

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:05 pm

I think we've run out of Chapter officials, so the Chapter's suspended until we find some more.

I think ... :?
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

ais4122

Post by ais4122 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:12 am

Whats with the inactive status? It's like the American revolution in reverse.
Aim small, Miss small

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=30558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:12 pm

ais4122 wrote:Whats with the inactive status? It's like the American revolution in reverse.
I refer you to the immediately previous post in this very thread ...
sheddi wrote:I think we've run out of Chapter officials, so the Chapter's suspended until we find some more.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

K9medic

Post by K9medic » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:13 pm

We live in intresting times
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

NORTHERN RAIDER
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later

Post by NORTHERN RAIDER » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:39 pm

Just a thought, not a criticism, but perhaps the issue of the UK chapter always meeting in a pub in Birmingham MAY have been an issue ? , Most survivalists I know dont like going into cities at the best of times, those who do like to meet others prefer to have an RZ out somewhere quiet and more private. I know that I have refered plenty of other younger survivies who wanted to meet up the way Aeon likes to , on to this forum from the others I use frequently, So I know theres folks out there.
Just a passing thought no more than that.
NR
A Dog is not just for Christmas, the Cold cuts will last until New Year.
Be alert, Lerts dont have accidents.

K9medic

Post by K9medic » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:36 pm

I must agree that travelling from North Northumberland to Birmingham for a meeting in a Pub in the city centre was a little off putting. Though I’m lead to believe there were a few other issues that resulted in the loss of the head shed.

I think most of the regulars have noticed that there have been people from the UK who join, post once or twice, then disappear never it would seem to appear again. I would be interested in knowing why.

May be the answer would be to regional groups within the chapter? This would make it easier for to met up more often and in a less public / crowded place. Personal I prefer country pubs to city centre theme pubs.
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

Svothe
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Svothe » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:07 pm

Aye, I think I would show up to a meeting if there was one down Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire way obviously depending on dates and things but would be a lot more inclined to show up none the less.

ForgeCorvus
ZS Member
ZS Member
'28 Days Later'

Post by ForgeCorvus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:06 pm

sheddi wrote:I think we've run out of Chapter officials, so the Chapter's suspended until we find some more.

I think ... :?
OK then, I'll bite.

How do we press-gang some officers?
And how many are we short of?
I'm English, our Government doesn't trust us to have real guns........or decent pocket knives for that matter

Winner, PMBoB

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Be a Paid member and organise some ballots would be the best way.
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

Ms-oldish-brit
Favorite Zombie Movies: Er - sorry - never watched one - they scare me too much (even worse than Dr Who!)

Post by Ms-oldish-brit » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Fair enough.

I'll do the joining up bit at least.
I love zombies - if I'm a decent level AD&D cleric!

Ms-oldish-brit
Favorite Zombie Movies: Er - sorry - never watched one - they scare me too much (even worse than Dr Who!)

Post by Ms-oldish-brit » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:53 pm

OK, obviously I'm not seeing what's in front of me, but I can't find the page to sign up to be a paid member? :oops:

If anyone could point me to it, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Ms-oldish-brit wrote:OK, obviously I'm not seeing what's in front of me, but I can't find the page to sign up to be a paid member? :oops:

Thanks.
http://zombiehunters.org/members/register.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here!
Reminds me I need to repay my membership fee, damn I'm way late :oops:
Man is a beast of prey

K9medic

Post by K9medic » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:57 pm

What !!!!!!! this means we dont get a notifacation that our membership needs renewing ??????? :shock:

Morph

Post by Morph » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:38 pm

I wish there was a way to pay up via credit card without going through paypal.

oh well... i shall get round to asking friends at some point.

I'm not sure whether to become a paid member anyway. I would do if the chapter wasn't inactive but it seems a bit of a waste to pay to join something with no activities etc.

in the interim, is it allowed for people to organise unoficial, social meetings? i would be very happy to meet other likeminded people.
-The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Weaponry:
55lb DW Compound Bow
Defender Machete
11" Blade Bowie
Kukri
Stanley Hatchet
Opinel No.6
Opinel No.8
Mora-Miki
Generic Lock Knife

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:04 pm

K9medic wrote:What !!!!!!! this means we dont get a notifacation that our membership needs renewing ??????? :shock:
Exactly. Mine was expired for a month or so before I enquired about resubscribing, as I was expecting a reminder email with a click-here-to-pay link ...
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

Svothe
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Svothe » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:04 am

Seems a bit foolish not to warn people that there membership is ending realy, thinking about becoming a member, but there doesn't seem much point without the UK Chapter actually doing anything :/

hague720
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn O the Dead

Post by hague720 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:22 am

head shed baby !! ....

not to quote a line from not pulp fiction.....must be the lead in this house !!

what is involved with such post??...... and........

how many hours say per month could one be expected to be thrashing around doing said chores??

please answer ....has any body been nominated or press ganged thus far?

H
OPEN CHANNEL D MR SOLO...

http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss64/thomas720/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ForgeCorvus
ZS Member
ZS Member
'28 Days Later'

Post by ForgeCorvus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Can someone explain what this badge image thingee is all about?

*edit* I've had a look around, they mean "Mugshot"............... I think

Winner, PMBoB

Ms-oldish-brit

Post by Ms-oldish-brit » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:28 pm

the_alias wrote:
Ms-oldish-brit wrote:OK, obviously I'm not seeing what's in front of me, but I can't find the page to sign up to be a paid member? :oops:

Thanks.
http://zombiehunters.org/members/register.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here!
Reminds me I need to repay my membership fee, damn I'm way late :oops:
Thank you!

Seems much more complicated than when I last checked, but I will work through it!

it's not much money, and to me it's a way of saying thank you for a site I enjoy visiting, and from which I have learned quite a bit (especially about our friends across the pond, down under, and in other parts of Europe.)

If we didn't have the Naafi bar (a huge cheer for K9medic please!) and our own space, I might feel a bit too overwhelmed to want to join, but we do, so I will.

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:010”