UK Chapter Discussion

Discussion forum for the United Kingdom ZS chapter

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: UK Chapter Discussion

Post by the_alias » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:03 am

RXR145 wrote:Brum is always a good night out!

Plus most of the locals will appear to take on a zombie like appearence at about 0030hrs!
'Cept dropping them with headshots will not go down well :lol:

Aeon PMed ya.

TFB The kids show right, you mean the kids show with the car right....
Man is a beast of prey

MilknCheese

Post by MilknCheese » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:43 am

TFB=Granny Slippers?
“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.”

multipass

Post by multipass » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:58 am

I'm away the bank holiday weekend of August, down in Kent for the Military Odyessy show and all that lark, weekend previous to it, I do so believe I'm off to see a friend for a weekend. Last weekend is good to go. And as the resident brummie I can have a scout around for locations, though I know two already dunno what your lot are like with rock/metal music :P

Cyborg
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, obviously.

Post by Cyborg » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:07 am

I hope you're not going to suggest Scruffy Murphys mate ;)
Strategic Intelligence Officer
UK Chapter.
ZS:X

Brash
Favorite Zombie Movies: NOTLD, Dawn of the Dead (Original), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, Special Dead.

Post by Brash » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:16 am

A good pub where we can get a decent table and actually have a chat with each other would be the best. I like rock music more than most but we need to be able to hear each other. :D

Big and Daft

Post by Big and Daft » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:25 am

Im definatley up fo a meet up, camping/drinking or possibly shooting (I may have my own rifles for then, yay). Clay pigeon shooting is a lot easier to do in a group, no special rules or regs, just turn up, sign a form and shoot some clays.
I have work and sporting commitments up until the end of September, after that I should be able to do somert (I should have my own transport for then aswell, yay twice!)
If we want to start things off easy a piss up would be good, i'm into rock and metal so that would be fine by me and its easier to organise a piss up than a camping trip as a first time event for most.

We could even organise a piss up at the same time as the Give Blood people are in the town, we could all give blood and go off drinking after, that way we do somert good and save money on beer ;)

multipass

Post by multipass » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:24 pm

RXR145 wrote:I hope you're not going to suggest Scruffy Murphys mate ;)

Mayyyyybe, But then they haven't got large tables. The Flappa and Firkin down by the canals might be better, sit out by the canal and have a good chin wag :)

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:02 pm

Good afternoon/evening/night;

Having considered the feedback from the members who've given me feedback on their availability and interests thus far, am able to list the possible dates when the majority should be able to attend;

The choice is;
1) Weekend of 16th and 17th August.
or
2) Weekend of 30th and 31st August.

Location;
Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands.
(As of yet the venue is still undecided but there are several promising establishments that serve good food, aren’t too noisy and of course vend drink.)

This will be the introductory meet where members get a chance to put names and faces to nicks and avatars, and likewise for us to get to know you. It'll also give us a chance to discuss future activities, charity events, training seminars, and of course chapter status.
It's still early, so don't worry if you can’t make this one, there’s time to change the dates if people have plans/other commitments, and UKHQ already has plans for another meet in October!!

More details to come.
Anyone got any questions, queries, proposals feel free to fire away, be it on here or via PM. My inbox is always open.

michelle
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by michelle » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:16 pm

I'm anxiously awaiting your charity event, y'all. More chapters and more countries, please. (It looks like PacNW is on their way to being ZSC:005, and ZSC:003 is already outside the US.)
a deviant path is the only way
:sk

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:23 pm

I'm in for the 30th and 31st :D

However, I can't promise I'd be able to make the 16th/17th, as I get my results on the 14th, and might be desperately trying to get a uni place.

We may not be the first outside the US, but we wanna be the first Outside the North American Continent.
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:31 pm

michelle wrote:I'm anxiously awaiting your charity event, y'all. More chapters and more countries, please. (It looks like PacNW is on their way to being ZSC:005, and ZSC:003 is already outside the US.)
Oh dont worry, we've got a lot planned for the coming year.

*Winston Churchill-like voice* We may not be the 5th, we may not be the first international, but we'll be the first intercontinenal and dammit we'll be british! *Fanfare*

Ah-thankyou.

Ad'lan, great so thats one vote for the 30th/31st.
Last edited by Aeon on Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:38 pm

Yup. I'll try and make it either way, but 30th/31st is Best for me. Plus, I'll have my Tattoo and everything :D
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

Cyborg
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, obviously.

Post by Cyborg » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:22 pm

I can make either date, I should be in country for either.

Might I suggest the Square Peg to start with. It's pretty central and if we bag a big enough table we can eat there and with it being a Weatherspoons the drinks are quite cheap.
Strategic Intelligence Officer
UK Chapter.
ZS:X

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:22 pm

Brash wrote:A good pub where we can get a decent table and actually have a chat with each other would be the best. I like rock music more than most but we need to be able to hear each other. :D
Nah, I think I agree with you. Rock music is the best. It makes for a more interesting meet up. Can't wait!
ImageImage

rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:48 am

Camping at pen y fan is fine with me, I go there anyway a couple of times a year at least
Rik
South Wales
UK

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Post by andygates » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Buggrit can't make either of those dates... until another time!
Czechnology: "If you have to ask an internet forum for confirmation on whether or not a Revolution is coming, the answer is always no."

Free UK & Ireland Street and Topo maps for Garmin: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps (updated weekly) - OpenStreetMap

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:22 pm

andygates wrote:Buggrit can't make either of those dates... until another time!
Don't worry about it Andy, if the turnout to the August one is good there'll definitely be another in October.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:27 pm

New Thread to discuss August meet

All other meet/event info or dicussion can remain here so we're not constantly flicking back and forth.

rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:37 pm

I know a nice camp site (NO facilities, its a 'dig and dump' site) at the base of Corn Du, ideal for a walk up PYF, ideal for a winter camp.

Rik
South Wales
UK

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:53 pm

rik_uk3 wrote:I know a nice camp site (NO facilities, its a 'dig and dump' site) at the base of Corn Du, ideal for a walk up PYF, ideal for a winter camp.

img img img
Hey
Good goin, will be sure to check it out for the charity event and possibly even the bug out, looks promising. Any idea what the site is called?

Greg Mainer
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/Weeks Later
Of the Dead series
Flight of the Dead
Zombie Diaries

Post by Greg Mainer » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:21 pm

By now you know that I somewhat lurk. Anyway I'm all for looking into provisional measures to arrange a meetup location at the Bisley open day (I'd need to scout before hand but no big). Also I may still look into accommodation just in case, even if we don't want it there's no harm looking into it.

Also guess what I stumbled onto a mere few hours ago. A zombie convention in Walsall, West Midlands. Now I'm just going to post the link to the conventions website but perhaps it's another event to consider for the UK chapter.

http://www.zombiecon.co.uk/

EDIT: Looked at the links and found even more upcoming UK events.

Zombie Fest 2008
Day of the Undead 2008

Both of these new finds are near mine... I'm honestly amazed I hadn't heard of them. I'll be looking into these in depth as given the location these are easy for me to recon for future consideration.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:55 am

Greg Mainer wrote:By now you know that I somewhat lurk. Anyway I'm all for looking into provisional measures to arrange a meetup location at the Bisley open day (I'd need to scout before hand but no big). Also I may still look into accommodation just in case, even if we don't want it there's no harm looking into it.

Also guess what I stumbled onto a mere few hours ago. A zombie convention in Walsall, West Midlands. Now I'm just going to post the link to the conventions website but perhaps it's another event to consider for the UK chapter.

http://www.zombiecon.co.uk/

EDIT: Looked at the links and found even more upcoming UK events.

Zombie Fest 2008
Day of the Undead 2008

Both of these new finds are near mine... I'm honestly amazed I hadn't heard of them. I'll be looking into these in depth as given the location these are easy for me to recon for future consideration.
Great work!

Will be sure to take a look at them, I know Brash was itching for an oppertunity to do some recruitment and advertising perhaps this might give him the chance.

Brash
Favorite Zombie Movies: NOTLD, Dawn of the Dead (Original), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, Special Dead.

Post by Brash » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:11 am

Aeon wrote: I know Brash was itching for an oppertunity to do some recruitment and advertising perhaps this might give him the chance.
I talked to my doctor. Thats not what was causing the itching. :oops:

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:55 am

Brash wrote:
Aeon wrote: I know Brash was itching for an oppertunity to do some recruitment and advertising perhaps this might give him the chance.
I talked to my doctor. Thats not what was causing the itching. :oops:
You little harlet, begone with you!

On a side note I've been looking into some of the other UK based survivalism forums that aren't explicitly zombie related, focusing on the zombie element tends to bring in the fans of the genre not the root cause of disaster preparation. As such, I'll be bringing a list of other UK based groups with me to the meet for us to discuss the posibility of either a joint effort or maybe just touting on their forums. Bit cheeky but I think they'll forgive us when they see the wonders of ZS.

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:010”