Any Cactus or DMR-MARC users?

Discussion forum for the ZS Amateur Radio Club

Moderator: ZS Board of Directors

nacho
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sugar Hill (1974)

Any Cactus or DMR-MARC users?

Post by nacho » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:50 am

Just wondering if any of you are part of the Cactus / Armadillo Intertie System or any DMR users part of the Moto ARC I have a few friends who are CRC members but have never taken the plunge, but was just curious if any of you were members?

I've also been thinking of getting a MotoTrbo radio for the MotoARC system, and a few other MotoTrbo repeaters out here in Los Angeles, I have an Astro25 radio but am not sure if I want to get into another digital mode I won't hardly use :roll: just wondering if any one out here is hip on DMR for amateur use.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Any Cactus or DMR-MARC users?

Post by teotwaki » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:31 am

Hi Nacho!

I have P25 handhelds that are more for work that I do than for ham radio. For the ham arena I don't see that the additional cost of P25 offers any advantages over cheap Chinese FM radios. What I have seen is that P25 does not offer much of an advantage while running simplex over distance but what is interesting is that when operating through a P25 repeater I can operate low power with solid audio as compared to FM with fading, crackles and noise.
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Any Cactus or DMR-MARC users?

Post by NT2C » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:36 am

Reanimating an old thread here but, a buddy bought me a nice DMR HT for my birthday and I'm getting more comfortable using it now. I can usually be found monitoring the active channels (VA statewide and my local) on the local DMRVA repeater.

de NT2C
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Return to “Zombie Squad Radio Club”