Discussion forum for the ZS Amateur Radio Club

Moderator: ZS Board of Directors

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: ZSARC Ham Activity Report

Post by NT2C » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:33 am

ethanboris wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:The county put our EmComm Team on alert yesterday and activated us at 0700 this morning. I'll be manning the radios at a local shelter starting at 1000. We're activated now through Wednesday.

stay safe buddy
Always. Worked a Red Cross shelter for 10 hours yesterday, which was a lot of fun as we had just about every NCO from the sheriff's dept there, from the 1st sergeant down, and we took over the principal's office of the school the shelter was in. Spent most of the 10 hours swapping stories, playing cards and drinking coffee.

Today I'll probably be manning radios in the EOC for a couple of shifts.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:22 am

My local club has been teaching a Technicians class at a local church for the past few weeks, and last night was the testing session. We had a total of ten VE's there last night, gave 16 tests, and we now have 9 new hams, including one who did the "Triple Crown", passing Tech, General and Extra all in one session. (He'd previously been licensed in England)

I love being a VE :mrgreen:
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Moose1247
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Moose1247 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:47 am

I'll chime in. I haven't been very active over the last few days. I've been busy making some hardware changes so I've been spending less time on the air. I've got a phone patch set up now and I'm working on getting a TNC online so that I can work a few other digital modes. Other than that most of my activity has been on the local VHF nets and on some of the weak signal modes (JT65 and WSPR) on HF.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:47 am

Necro-bump

I wouldn't mind seeing the ZSARC area get some activity again. I know we still have some ham members around, so what are y'all up to on the airwaves these days?

Return to “Zombie Squad Radio Club”