Official ZSARC Membership Sign Up

Discussion forum for the ZS Amateur Radio Club

Moderator: ZS Board of Directors

Bellranger
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living Dead, Return of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead II, Dawn of the Dead (Origin, Remake), Land of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Zombieland, Night of the Living Dead !1990 remake), Shaun of the Dead, State of Emergency, The Walking Dead, State of Emergency

Re: Official ZSARC Membership Sign Up

Post by Bellranger » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Hello:

I am interested in embarking on the road to be licensed and obtain an FCC operators certification. What reference materials would you suggest that I read to become familiar with what is involved, equipment needed, costs etc.. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Bellranger! New Member
Above all else….First and Foremost....When all else fails….To thyne ownself be true….Siempre Fi.. Victory through Severe Firepower!

BEar667
Favorite Zombie Movies: Pick one

Post by BEar667 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:32 pm

"Getting on the Radio" by the ARRL is good, as is the Technicians Study guide. GEar is dealers choice HT, mobile, base Am, FM SSB it depends on what you want to do on the radio.
KØMRD General Class

NRA MEMBER

Parate Omnes Casus!

interrogate
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by interrogate » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Bear667 I sent you a PM with my membership information.

-- John
Telecommunicators Emergency Response Taskforce (TERT) Basic Certified
Trained Glock Armourer
Trained M16/M4/AR15 Armourer
Apprentice Gunsmith

Lycosa
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland

Post by Lycosa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Well, I sent a pm and haven't had a reply back yet. I'm hoping the club is still active. I joined ZS with the hopes that I'd be able to participate in the radio club side of it. After having my license expire for a couple years, I finally bit the bullet and took the tech and general test in one sitting and I was able to pass them both. So.. I'm back on the air, and I think ZS is a really neat idea to get new ham operators involved in the hobby. The whole zombie premise just makes everything..well.. cooler. 8-)

If anyone else other than Bear is accepting new members into the club, please PM me or update this thread so that I can send the right person the information required to join.

Ambrose
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Ambrose » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:56 am

I'd like to know as well.
Amateur Extra Class Ham Radio Operator Check out The Zombie Squad Radio Club to learn more.

charadeur
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by charadeur » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:02 am

I'm a recent General class but was a Tech Plus for 20 years. I did my Basic the hard way with 5 wpm code. I am CERT certified. I have two more FEMA test to be RACES certified and I take the Skywarn class at the end of the month. The tough part is I don't have HF capabilities right now but could meet on Echo Link for those interested. Let's get a net going.
I may be the one walking away, but you're the one that's leaving.

West Tex

Post by West Tex » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:21 pm

This is my "official, I wanna be a member" post. Was on the echolink net tonight, of course my mic would not work on any of my three echolink capable pcs or macs. Soon as the net signed off, I went to echotest and it all checked out...went back to U-Node and immediatly made a contact...go figure....I need to put up a simplex node for this....

Anyway...I'm an Extra class, been licensed since 1976 have HF through UHF cpabilities, all digital modes, portable, mobile and fixed with emergency power. Been into emergency and dissaster comms both professionaly and as an amatuer for almost 40 years.

Retired RF Engineer (twice, second time from my own business)....living out here in the wilds of West Texas.
KB5W in the wilds of West Texas

Lacerated1
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead, zombieland, return of the living dead, Shawn of the dead, dawn of the dead, and any romaro film

Post by Lacerated1 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:05 am

Pm sent

Sent from my better than a sharp stick Android phone.
KD0USE

paul_c
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by paul_c » Thu May 09, 2013 4:00 pm

PM Sent

GrizzlyZ
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil (All of them), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead (I & II)

Post by GrizzlyZ » Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Count me in. PM sent.
Zach
KF7HLB
Seattle, WA
Seattle ACS Member
Puget Sound Repeater Group Member

--
"Do What You Can, With What You Have, Where You Are" - Teddy "The Rough Rider" Roosevelt
"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance." - The 7 P's of Success

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Tue May 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Excuse our dust and pardon any delays please :wink:
I am trying to get the membership list turned over so I can get it updated.

In the meantime, please send me a PM if you are interested in joining in on the list.
I will contact those that have PM'd Bear, once I get the list back.

Thank you for your patience!

'NoAm'
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

GrizzlyZ
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil (All of them), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead (I & II)

Post by GrizzlyZ » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Just touching base to see if the ZSARC is going to be continuing on since the last signs of life were a month ago. It would be nice to get connected with a group of fellow radio geeks like me on ZS. :awesome:
Zach
KF7HLB
Seattle, WA
Seattle ACS Member
Puget Sound Repeater Group Member

--
"Do What You Can, With What You Have, Where You Are" - Teddy "The Rough Rider" Roosevelt
"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance." - The 7 P's of Success

paul_c
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by paul_c » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 pm

GrizzlyZ wrote:Just touching base to see if the ZSARC is going to be continuing on since the last signs of life were a month ago. It would be nice to get connected with a group of fellow radio geeks like me on ZS. :awesome:
I'll tune in for the next net. Wanted to make the last one but I was at Cirque du Soleil with the wife (I know very manly lol). I've seen six shows, they're good!

Doc8404
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, both Dawn of the Dead's, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by Doc8404 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:49 am

I will be a part of this club, oh yes I will, unless the zombie apocalypse happens first.
"Life isn't something you possess, it's something you're a part of."-Louis C.K., probably not his

“Perhaps there is more sense in our nonsense and more nonsense in our 'sense' than we would care to believe.” -David Bohm

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:56 am

I am still trying to get my hands on the list, so I can update as opposed to restarting it.
Feel free to send all membership requests to ThriveWNC@gmail.com
NoAm
ZSC025 President
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:34 pm

I would love to keep this going :wink:
After several PM's and emails, over the last couple of months, I still have received no response. Feel free to PM him, on my behalf, to send the list so I can proceed. In the meantime, if someone who has submitted the info to BEar667, would please send me the info given I would appreciate it.
ZSC025 President

neubert500

Post by neubert500 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:20 pm

PM's sent. And Email!
Last edited by neubert500 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avicennasis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Avicennasis » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:09 am

email sent. :)
FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF-DTRT

ais4122
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by ais4122 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:29 pm

I am taking my Tech exam this week. Was hoping to find an active HAM group with ZS. Hope this turns around, have so much to learn about HAM. License probably will be delayed due to govt shutdown at the FCC.
Aim small, Miss small

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=30558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jdavidboyd

Post by jdavidboyd » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:45 pm

ais4122 wrote:I am taking my Tech exam this week. Was hoping to find an active HAM group with ZS. Hope this turns around, have so much to learn about HAM. License probably will be delayed due to govt shutdown at the FCC.
Positively will be delayed. I got a 100% on my tech test Oct 2nd, but nothing will be processed until the FCC opens back uo,.

- What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

SRO1911

Post by SRO1911 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Just curious if there's any life left in this...?
W1KCP - - shiny new license and shiny new radio.

Moose1247
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Moose1247 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 am

NoAm still does some stuff with it. The main problem is that we're all so spread out across the country.

PrairieRat
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: "Hide and Creep", redneck humor in a hick town.

Post by PrairieRat » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Its been almost a year, I think we can give up on this group & the patches :( de wy7ac
Why survive with a knife, when you can thrive with an axe?
wy7ac

trailhopper
Favorite Zombie Movies: Walking dead and Zombieland

Post by trailhopper » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:28 am

Group has had a few net meeting within the past couple of months, i'm sure once all the dust from the past holiday's have settled, the schedule will resume.
ZSC:023 - Chapter VP

KD8VOF Technician Class

ZSC:023 "2 Peninsulas. 4 Great Lakes. 0 Zombies. You're Welcome."

"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail"

Return to “Zombie Squad Radio Club”